9th July 2011, 01:24 AM
nayan..sharma

Is it possible to become an IAS or IPS officer through Marine Engineering?

hello m a student of 12th class ...i want to became an IAS or IPS officer .FOR that i must hav a degree in any stream and any course but i want to persue my education in marine engineering ......IS IT POSSIBLE TO BECOME AN IAS OR IPS OFFCER THROUGH MARINE ENGINEERING .CAN I GIVE Y miains exam of upsc through marine engineering ??????pls ans me as quick as possible ...m really tensed .....

10th July 2011, 12:06 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become an IAS or IPS officer through Marine Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayan..sharma View Post
hello m a student of 12th class ...i want to became an IAS or IPS officer .FOR that i must hav a degree in any stream and any course but i want to persue my education in marine engineering ......IS IT POSSIBLE TO BECOME AN IAS OR IPS OFFCER THROUGH MARINE ENGINEERING .CAN I GIVE Y miains exam of upsc through marine engineering ??????pls ans me as quick as possible ...m really tensed .....
If you are Interested to become IAS or IPS Officer, then for this you have to apply for UPSC Civil services examination and to apply for UPSC Civil services examination you need to purse your graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

So, If you have pursed your graduate degree course Only then you are eligible for UPSC civil services examination to become IAS or IPS officer, Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination. But to apply for this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years. The upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC candidates.

So, Any graduate candidates are eligible to become IAS or IPS officer.

The examination was held in 2 Stages, Firstly Preliminary examination and after crack the preliminary examination, you are eligible to apply for Main examination. Preliminary examination pattern was already changed and In this examination there are 2 papers and both are Objective Type with same marks and same duration. The pattern are availiable in the official website of UPSC, But in Main examination you have to Opt a Optional Subjects.

So, please prepare for This examination according to the new pattern, If you have study seriously then definitely you will be able to crack the Preliminary examination.

The Notification of the examination was published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC official website, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online By visit the UPSC Website. And if you want to get More Information about the UPSC Civil services examination, then please dont worry, just visit the UPSC website Or read the given Notification -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 194 views)
10th July 2011, 12:41 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become an IAS or IPS officer through Marine Engineering?

hi dear
yes,it is possible to give IAS exam after complete your mariene engg.

Criteria:-

*Candidate pass gradution
* age - 21 to 30 years
5 years for Sc/St
3 years for OBC

IAS exam is 2 phase
1) Pre liminary exam
2) Final exam

In first exam you give 2 subject exam

like:-

*General knowledge
*optional subject- choose by own...........
10th July 2011, 01:57 AM
Uttam Nandi

Dear friend,
As you want to be IAS or IPS officer after engineering degree, the best way is to go for Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
For becoming IAS or IPS officer you will appear for Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC. From 2011 the pattern of preliminary has been changed. Before one had to choose a optional subject for paper II. But now an aptitude test is taken instead of that. So, preliminary won't be a problem for you at all. As there is no change in mains exam you will require to choose two optional subjects from the list of optional subjects prescribed by UPSC. The above three branches are included in the list of optional subjects.
If you take marine engineering you are still eligible for Civil Services exam. But generally students choose the optional subject which is in their graduation subjects. There is no compulsion of choosing a optional subject which is in the subjects of graduation. But it becomes easy if you have that subject in graduation.
So, if your aspiration is to become IAS or IPS officer then why going for marine engineering...?? You are not supposed to do engineering after you have become IAS os IPS officer.
Make decision considering all there point.
For more details on CS exam kindly visit official website of UPSC
10th July 2011, 04:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayan..sharma View Post
dear friend,

The IAS and IPS examination is also known as the civil services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil service exams:

Education Qualification:

Minimum graduation degree with any discipline from any recognized university.

Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General Category candidates
Age should be between 21 to 33 years for OBC category candidates
Only minimum age is required for SC/ST category candidates i.e 21 years.

Nationality:
Indian

so you are eligible for both exam.

thanks
10th July 2011, 06:59 PM
nayan..sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uttam Nandi View Post
Dear friend,
As you want to be IAS or IPS officer after engineering degree, the best way is to go for Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
For becoming IAS or IPS officer you will appear for Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC. From 2011 the pattern of preliminary has been changed. Before one had to choose a optional subject for paper II. But now an aptitude test is taken instead of that. So, preliminary won't be a problem for you at all. As there is no change in mains exam you will require to choose two optional subjects from the list of optional subjects prescribed by UPSC. The above three branches are included in the list of optional subjects.
If you take marine engineering you are still eligible for Civil Services exam. But generally students choose the optional subject which is in their graduation subjects. There is no compulsion of choosing a optional subject which is in the subjects of graduation. But it becomes easy if you have that subject in graduation.
So, if your aspiration is to become IAS or IPS officer then why going for marine engineering...?? You are not supposed to do engineering after you have become IAS os IPS officer.
Make decision considering all there point.
For more details on CS exam kindly visit official website of UPSC
nayan:- thnx uttam m satisfied with ur ans ,i was thinking the sm
10th July 2011, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

which way to get admissionin in marine engeeniringfor bteck
23rd August 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

no it is not possible only core branch engineering student are eligible
26th August 2011, 07:41 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

The IAS and IPS examination is also known as the civil services examination.

Eligibility criteria for Civil service exams:

Education Qualification:

Minimum graduation degree with any discipline from any recognized university.

Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General Category candidates
Age should be between 21 to 33 years for OBC category candidates
Only minimum age is required for SC/ST category candidates i.e 21 years.

Nationality:
Indian

so you are eligible for both exam.

thanks
3rd September 2011, 07:24 PM
fahran

You are eligible for IPS Examination, So If you are interested to become IPS officer then for this you have to apply for UPSC Civil services examination and to apply for this examination you must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university, Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for IPS Examination.

Eligiblity Criteria -

- You Must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

- Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

- Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

The examination was held in 2 stages, Firstly Preliminary examination and then Main examination, If you will crack the preliminary examination only then you are eligible to apply for Main examination.

The notification was published in the month of February every year in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online OR you can also obtained the application form from the designated post offices In India.

So, you have already completed your B.com Course, then definitely You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

And If you want to get more Information about UPSC Civil services examination, then please visit the UPSC website OR read the Given Notification -

thanks
14th October 2011, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

sir
my name is prince,and i completed graduate diploma in electrical engineering (GDME) ,can i apply for upsc Civil services examination.pls ans me as quick.

thanks
12th November 2011, 05:05 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

If you are Interested to become IAS or IPS Officer, then for this you have to apply for UPSC Civil services examination and to apply for UPSC Civil services examination you need to purse your graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

So, If you have pursed your graduate degree course Only then you are eligible for UPSC civil services examination to become IAS or IPS officer, Final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination. But to apply for this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years. The upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC candidates.

So, Any graduate candidates are eligible to become IAS or IPS officer.

The examination was held in 2 Stages, Firstly Preliminary examination and after crack the preliminary examination, you are eligible to apply for Main examination. Preliminary examination pattern was already changed and In this examination there are 2 papers and both are Objective Type with same marks and same duration. The pattern are availiable in the official website of UPSC, But in Main examination you have to Opt a Optional Subjects.

So, please prepare for This examination according to the new pattern, If you have study seriously then definitely you will be able to crack the Preliminary examination.

The Notification of the examination was published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC official website, Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online By visit the UPSC Website. And if you want to get More Information about the UPSC Civil services examination, then please dont worry, just visit the UPSC website Or read the given Notification -
12th November 2011, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus of upsc for marine engg.
17th February 2013, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my engineering in marine.and want to apply for IAS and IPS.
What is the procedure?Can I apply in both exams?
What subject will be best option to be opted according to my graduation?
Please suggest as i am confused regarding subjects to be opted.
Mechanical engineering is kind of similar but not same.so it mite be little difficult to prepare for IAS and IPS opting for mechanical engineering subject.
Is IAS and IPS officer exam same?
28th March 2014, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

27th December 2014, 12:16 PM
tejasmit

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to become an IAS or IPS officer through Marine Engineering?

Yes, it is possible.while doing marine engg. You can do study of IAS or IES. Also some post is available for marine egg. In director of general shipping, gov. Of India. Through upsc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?