12th July 2011, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

What can I do after studying polytechnic?

please guide me sir, i am student of polytechnic iii year student.what can i do?

6th August 2011, 07:52 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: What can I do after studying polytechnic?

After completing your polytechnique and get your diploma you must go for completing your graduation and get some degree in the branch related to your diploma. Getting your graduation done you will have more opportunities for jobs and also for further studies in future if you want to do any.

Getting a degree will help you to get much better opportunities and much better pay scales in jobs rather than if you apply with your diploma. You will certainly have an advantage of getting diploma before your degree.
7th August 2011, 11:56 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please guide me sir, i am student of polytechnic iii year student.what can i do?

What to do after completing Polytechnic ?

If you are doing polytechnic and wants to go in the higher study then B.Tech is the best option for you. After completing diploma you can takes admission in the direct 2nd year of B.Tech course through the lateral entry examination. Many government and private college offer for this program.

Now, depend on you if you are interested in the technology course then B.Tech is the best option for you. I have suggest you to appear in the entrance examination and secure good marks then you can get a good college for the B.Tech course. If you are not interested in this course then you have many other option or if you are interested in the job then many company offer job for the diploma holder.

It is your career so decide any field according to own interest not by parents or other interest. If you do B.Tech course after polytechnic then after completing B.Tech course you can get a good job in a big company. Now, finally depend on you in which course you are more interested.

Regards
~Mukul~
8th August 2011, 12:31 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

As you are a diploma holder, you can study the engineering program. You can join the 2nd year of B Tech of B.E. in engineering institutes through lateral entry scheme. For that, you have to attend the lateral entry entrance examination. The Directorate of Technical Education of the State conducts the test. The pre-requisite criterion to apply for the test is a pass in the Diploma course. Most of the Universities require 60% and above in the diploma course as the percentage requirement for the test. There may be certain relaxations in marks for those from reserved category. You can also apply for openings in Government or private sector. ISRO, BHEL, BARC recruits diploma holders with good technical expertise.
8th August 2011, 12:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

you have chance to do b-tech . but you should crack the jelete exam.

you have chance for direct admission to 2 nd year so you can try for jelete exam.

otherwise you can try for govt sector jobs also.

thanks
9th August 2011, 01:44 PM
Uttam Nandi

Diploma in Engineering has seen growing popularity in India in the last decade. The reason for this is obvious that it allows a student to enter into a professional course only after 10 years of schooling. This make them eligible to enroll in degree courses, to get a job in various companies. Many students also start their own business.

The career options and scope of higher studies after diploma is no longer limited. Few of them are discussed below :-
  • Diploma holders can take lateral entry to 2nd year or third semester of B.Tech/B.E. Course in government as well as private institutes. In general, the state technical board carries out entrance for lateral entry. You can get details regarding this visiting the official website of respective board.
  • Diploma holder can earn A.M.I.E (Associate Member of the Institutions of Engineers) which is a professional certification equivalent to B.E. Degree. This is awarded by Institute of Engineering, India to those who successfully pass all the exams i.e. Section A, project work & section B. In general, it takes 4 years to complete both the section. However, since diploma holders get exemption from certain papers of section A, they can finish this in 3 years. For further details-click here
  • Diploma holders who wish to join merchant navy can join 2 years course which is offered by various government and private institutes.
  • Those who wish to enter into job market, can get job in different companies as Junior Engineer.
Majority of students enroll themselves for degree courses after diploma which is because this allows them to reach the heights in their career. This is also most recommmed. However, you should take decision considering your abilities, interests and financial conditions. If you desire to go for job, you can register and post your resume to websites like naukri.com and monsterindia.com.You should also read leading newspapers to know vacancies and openings available for your qualification.
11th August 2011, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

What is difference between b.e and b.tech?
12th August 2011, 09:39 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
As you will compete your diploma course next year it is better for you to join B.Tech immediately after passing the polytechnic course.After polytechnic course you have a degree of Junior and after if you will join B.Tech you will get the degree of engineer and then you will be more exposed in the job industry and you can get good job in a good company.

Best Wishes....
12th August 2011, 12:09 PM
RABBANI SHAIK

dear friend you are first of all complete your diploma course after that you are directly eligible for 2nd B.tech through the entrence exam

so all the best
12th August 2011, 01:02 PM
manoj.vankadari

Cool Re: What can I do after studying polytechnic?

HEllo....

According to me you prefer B.TECH after completion of your diploma.
After completing diploma you can take admission in the direct 2nd year of B.Tech course through the lateral entry examination. Many government and private college offer for this program.
so if you attain good rank in the entrance you will be in good collage,where you have better placements and job activites........based upon your interest you choose the group in B.TECH.....
You know one thing you people will be given more priority during placements because you will have to BTECH and diploma certificates which will add some interest on you..........so final decision is yours....ALL THE BEST
12th August 2011, 01:15 PM
manoj.vankadari

HELLO...

^ If you done your ENGINEERING from ANDHRA university you will be given B.E certificate.

^If you done your ENGINEERING from any other universities say JNTU-H,JNTU-K
you will be given B.TECH certificate......that's all the difference...
12th August 2011, 05:03 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
after completing polytechnic, you will be eligible to take admission in engineering.
you will get admission in b.tech directly into the second year. this is called lateral entry.
for that you will have to give an entrance exam of lateral entry.
every state conducts its own entrance exam for lateral entry, so you must see that in which state you want to take admission.
there is no lateral entry in nit and iit colleges. if you want to take admission in these colleges, then you will have to take admission in first year only by giving the aieee r iit jee exam.
14th September 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

i completde my diploma & i join in btech i have less percentage what are apportunites for good career
20th September 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj.vankadari View Post
HEllo....

After completing diploma you can take admission in the direct 2nd year of B.Tech course through the lateral entry examination. Many government and private college offer for this program.
so if you attain good rank in the entrance you will be in good collage,where you have better placements and job activites........based upon your interest you choose the group in B.TECH.....
You know one thing you people will be given more priority during placements because you will have to BTECH and diploma certificates which will add some interest on you..........so final decision is yours....ALL THE BEST
i have done my diploma in india is it possible to get lateral entry in usa or in any country
20th September 2011, 09:32 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

after your polytechnic you can go for graduation
or if you are interested you can go for government jobs based on your
credits in your polytechnic.
20th September 2011, 09:34 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What can I do after studying polytechnic?

after your polytechnic you can go for graduation
or if you are interested you can go for government jobs based on your
credits in your polytechnic.
22nd September 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i have completed the diploma.Now i want to complete graduation . so i want to do B.C.A please tell me it is best or i have to choose another one....tell me features of it.....
24th September 2011, 08:45 AM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

If you are doing polytechnic and wants to go in the higher study then B.Tech is the best option for you. After completing diploma you can takes admission in the direct 2nd year of B.Tech course through the lateral entry examination. Many government and private college offer for this program.

Now, depend on you if you are interested in the technology course then B.Tech is the best option for you. I have suggest you to appear in the entrance examination and secure good marks then you can get a good college for the B.Tech course. If you are not interested in this course then you have many other option or if you are interested in the job then many company offer job for the diploma holder.

It is your career so decide any field according to own interest not by parents or other interest. If you do B.Tech course after polytechnic then after completing B.Tech course you can get a good job in a big company. Now, finally depend on you in which course you are more interested.
any how you can do as you wish weather will go for higher education or jobs
good luck
regards
nagamalleswararao
24th September 2011, 06:57 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

After Polytechnic of course you can enter into the engineering college through the lateral entry by the recently notified (January) new regulations for lateral admission to engineering programs which is as following :-

If you a B.Sc. degree with mathematics as a subject and 60 per cent aggregate at the U.G. level then you can gain lateral entry into the second year or III semester of the B.E. / B.Tech course

Lateral Entry Engineering Test(LEET) is a examination through which you can take admission in 2nd year or 3rd semester of BE/B.Tech engineering.

Eligibility:

you can take admission in the BE/BTech programs if:

1:you pass any diploma degree of minimum 3 years after 10th.

or

you pass any diploma degree of minimum 2 years after 12th from any polytechnic institute affiliated with State Board of Technical Education(SBTE) or any University, or recognized by UGC/AICTE with minimum of 60% marks and 55% marks for SC/ST in aggregate or any gradation system

2:you qualify LEET with at least 20% aggregate marks and 15% for SC/ST students

3:you are a citizen of India.

If you have fulfilled the above conditions then you would be eligible for appearing in the entrance test organized by AICTE to enter into BE/B.Tech.

There are 250 colleges and over 90,000 seats all over India where you can take a entry as lateral.
7th November 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

After finishing my polytechnic in mechanical will I be further able to study B.E in US
22nd November 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

What can I do after studying polytechnic. and what is mi degree?
22nd November 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

What can I do after studying polytechnic and what is mi degree?
24th November 2011, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Can masters program in mechanical engineering be done after completion of diploma in mechanical
12th December 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

What can we prefer after diploma rather than b tech
14th December 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

i am interested in job after completion of my diploma so what should i do for best placement after completion of deploma in information technology? There is need to do any courses for that? if yes then which they are?
15th December 2011, 03:34 PM
abhisek.sonu

After completing your polytechnique and get your diploma you must go for completing your graduation and get some degree in the branch related to your diploma. Getting your graduation done you will have more opportunities for jobs and also for further studies in future if you want to do any.

Getting a degree will help you to get much better opportunities and much better pay scales in jobs rather than if you apply with your diploma. You will certainly have an advantage of getting diploma before your degree.
14th January 2012, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in computers and interested to do btech in distance. pls suggest me which colleges offer btech in distance and how far distance btech is helpful?
17th January 2012, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

After completion of diploma in EEE which companies will offer jobs and in which department?
22nd February 2012, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Can i join diploma after 1st puc?
What is its time ...how long i must study it to get a job
28th February 2012, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

what can i do after my diploma in commercial and computer practice?
25th April 2012, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

what i do after studying 3 year polytechnic in informatiom technology after 10th.
26th May 2012, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

what can i do for polytechnic after class 10th???
13th June 2012, 08:37 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

the option are available after diploma:-
1.b.tech
2.b.c.a
3.b.b.a

no you can't do MBA after diploma.diploma is not a graduation,only the graduate are eligible for the MBA.

diploma is not equal to degree.degree is graduation and diploma is pre-graduation.there is one more step after diploma to become a graduate.

no diploma students can't take IAS exam because they are not graduate.the eligibily for IAS exam is the graduation.graduation is much more important to take the IAS exam.
15th June 2012, 06:55 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear
What to do after completing Polytechnic ?

thank you
21st June 2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 10th and i got admission in polytechnic college (computer engineering) . But now i am in a confusion whether to take mechanical or computer engineering . Many people said that job opportunities regarding C.E is less . So please give a clear guidness regarding this .
22nd June 2012, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

i have passed diploma with 55% aggregate.after this i want to take admission in b.tech in mp.which entrance exam for this admission, please inform me on my cell no 9827049536 or email [email protected]. thanking you.
10th January 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

iam confused about diplomo compleated then will entered to b-tech(2nd year or 3rd year) plz tell me....
22nd January 2013, 01:29 PM
siddharthawasthi

sir..
this is best to do diploma if you want to go in the engineering field than to gofor 10+2 from my point of view.so its good that you have gained it.
now there are a lots of opportunities available for you like..
you can apply fro job in private sector as well as govt. sector.
you can apply for army jobs.
you can do A.M.I E that is equivalent to B.E.
you can go for B.Tech as you got admission in 2nd year directly through lateral entry exam.
these are major option available for you.
best one from my point of view that you should go for the higher studies if there is no problem to you. get b.tech and then higher if u can..goodluck
30th March 2013, 04:58 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
After polytechnic if you get good jobs then it is better otherwise it is advisable to pursue degree and you will get better opportunities..
9th April 2013, 12:00 PM
thatipamulapraveengoud

hello,,
You know one thing you people will be given more priority during placements because you will have to BTECH and diploma certificates which will add some interest on you..........so final decision is yours....
ALL THE BEST
10th April 2013, 01:08 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hai friends………

After the diploma if you have a intrest then you can continue your forther studies

After the diploma you can eligible to join 2nd year b.tech course through the LEET exam.So, you can join in b.tech after the complition of b.tech you can get good job in the futer

And if you don't have intrest to study then you can join in job in Government and Private jobs also.

All the best
24th April 2013, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Hi. i have done a three years diploma after 12th from meerabai polytechnic in modern office practice(non-engineering) stream and can i do a pgdm oafter it.
25th May 2013, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

how to get after diploma complate to addmision b.c.a.?
25th May 2013, 05:14 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

hello friend generally for diploma candidates a entrance exam is conducted for admitting into b.tech and the candidates can join in 2nd year as lateral entry but not in 3rd year
Some universities conduct the b.tech subject exam after 2nd 1st semester and 2nd semester for diploma candidates, the subjects

1st semester :
1. mathematics I
2. c/c++

2nd semester :
1. Engineering Mechanics
2. Mathematics II
3. english

all the best........
28th May 2013, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

i got a 4236 rank in ecet , my family was too poor ! They can't pay fee 4r my engineering , so what i?m doing nw , i was mentally dispointed ,
23rd June 2013, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

sir, can i take tenders with my diploma(civil).
24th June 2013, 12:47 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Quote:

Hello friend,

>> Dear, you are study in 3rd year in polytechnic.

>> If You get the job try to your institute in Placement for Good Company.

>> If you further study get admission in Direct Diploma to Degree.

>> After complete Diploma course you can apply Government or Private company.

>> I hope it is help.

All the best
27th June 2013, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

people suggest to do MBA after diploma degree,is it right?
27th June 2013, 09:43 AM
atulmishramv

If i join job after diploma b'cos my exp. IS so high after 3 year comparing than b.tech and earn some money ,thus in b.tech i will spend min. 5 lakhs as well as no exprience

so what you say for me? Please ans.
27th June 2013, 05:56 PM
keshavsudial

Thumbs up Re: What can I do after studying polytechnic?

If you have completed Polytechnic diploma then you can join B.tech 2nd year admission in any of the Indian University through Lateral Entry into the secondary year of degree courses.

If you want to earn more and do a respectful job then I suggest you to enroll for B. Tech. course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?