21st July 2010, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Career after msc biotech in india

i am doing msc biotech from kuk.what are the good career prospects after msc biotech

22nd July 2010, 10:02 AM
LOKESH RAJPUT

Default Re: Career after msc biotech in india

Bio-technologists can find careers with pharmaceutical companies, chemical, agriculture and allied industries or become a Research Scientist. In medicine, modern biotechnology finds promising applications in such areas as
pharmacogenomics; drug production; genetic testing; and
gene therapy.
or go as a lecturer in any reputed colleges in India , it is the good job for a post graduate in biotech can afford.
22nd July 2010, 03:15 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Hello friend,
Biotechnology is related with plants, trees and living beings. You can go for research work in hospitals like AIIMS or Centre for biotechnology( now IGIB)
If not interested in govt. sector you can go in Ranbaxy, Dr. reddys lab, or others for R and D. nowadays many food processing companies are also looking for biotechnology students. so you have career opportunities in this fields in India too. At last you also have the most traditional option of teaching.

Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22nd July 2010, 07:56 PM
odc

as you are a msc biotech student you know that the biotech field has a major scope in the research area and there are many research institutes in india like national institute of immunology(nii),delhi;BARC;CFTRI,etc.
if you wish to do a job then there are many pharmaceutical companies you can join which have many biotech applications.
you can also apply for to be a teacher in academic institutes where you can do your phd also and a respectable job.
best of luck
22nd July 2010, 11:14 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

There are many opportunities after MSc in Biotech. You can get jobs in pharma or R & D companies. You may even join the teaching line.

You must have heard about Kiran Mazumdhar the richest women in India. She is the head of Biocon company. Its a dream company of all the biotech students.

So best of luck for your career you are doing really good. Just complete your MSc and then apply for jobs. You will surely do good
22nd July 2010, 11:43 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

after your msc in biotechnology threre is a very good carrier prospect in research(like agricultural field) oriented field as well as pharmacitical field.

but in abroad it has a very good demand cmpare to india.so it is better to go abroad for a good carrier opportunity.

all the best..........
23rd July 2010, 12:20 AM
Rupaksinha

There are many opportunities after MSc in Biotech. You can get jobs in pharma or R & D companies. You may even join the teaching line.

You must have heard about Kiran Mazumdhar the richest women in India. She is the head of Biocon company. Its a dream company of all the biotech students.

So best of luck for your career you are doing really good. Just complete your MSc and then apply for jobs.
23rd July 2010, 05:48 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

MSc Biotech students can aspire to become a scientist,research associate,lecturer.They can also find some jobs in pharmaceutical industries.Candidates with 50% marks in BSc(Biological, Agricultural science,pharmacy)/MBBS/BDS/BAMS are eligible. IIT, Kharagpur , Amity University, Indian Institute of Science , All India Institute of Medical Sciences offers MSc biotech.
23rd July 2010, 11:05 PM
sharmila jain

[QUOTE=Unregistered;136444]i am doing msc biotech from kuk.what are the good career prospects after msc biotech[/

HI
Manny oppurtinies are there but will depent on the interest of individual...
you can go for lecturership or you can work in pharma companies ..and if you have the chemistry background you can do good in research and development..
then you can get good jobs in the food industries ,industrial biotechnology ,you can become a good bioinformatician..
you can design the drugs ...so good luck..
12th August 2010, 01:12 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Career in biotechnology has always been good in India..

After doing M.Sc in biotechnology one can get plenty of opportunities in his career..

If you are interested to go in the academic line you can join reputed institutes as a lecturer.

Even if you want to go in the professional sector i.e other than teaching there are ample of scopes for you.

You can indulge into Govt or private drug manufacturing companies by joining as instructor or invigilator of drug manufacturing.

Large pharmaceutical industries look for high degree holder candidates in biotechnology to manage the drug department ..

So you just complete M.Sc in biotech and then there are many chances for you to opt for..

All the best!
14th August 2010, 08:58 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

You can go for research work in hospitals like AIIMS or Centre for biotechnology( now IGIB)
If not interested in govt. sector you can go in Ranbaxy, Dr. reddys lab, or others for R and D. nowadays many food processing companies are also looking for biotechnology students.If you are interested to go in the academic line you can join reputed institutes as a lecturer.Even if you want to go in the professional sector i.e other than teaching there are ample of scopes for you.You can indulge into Govt or private drug manufacturing companies by joining as instructor or invigilator of drug manufacturing. so you have career opportunities in this fields in India too
15th August 2010, 09:45 AM
bholag

dear friend,
Career after msc biotech in india is good and wide scope.
You can be a scientist,research associate,lecturer.
Their are so many jobs both in public and private sector .
and you can also apply in medicine manufacturing industries.
15th August 2010, 10:40 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

m.sc in bio tech has a very good scope in future.

u can join many good companies in India as well as in abroad.

all the best.
4th September 2010, 03:49 PM
shivanigarg_4u

msc biotech has a very good scope in india.

biotechnology is one of the emerging field in the country. you can work as a lecturer in any reputed college or you can even opt to work in mnc labs
5th September 2010, 12:45 PM
sanjusabu

DEAR,
AFTER M.SC IN BIOTECH YOU CAN GO FOR RESEARCH WORK LIKE : BIOCHEMISTRY,MICROBIOLOGY ETC. FOR MORE VISIT :
http://www.delhieducation.net/biotechnology/
ALSO YOU CAN GO FOR JOBS IN COMPANIES LIKE : Indian Institute of Chemical Technology,Advanta India Limited ETC. FOR MORE VISIT :
http://hyderabad-jobs.com/biotechnol...hyderabad.html
15th September 2010, 05:51 PM
suneetabiotech

i completed msc biotech in 2009 .i dont have job at this time .reddy's,ranbaxy and no one company are nt looking for freshers. if they take only those have reference.how can we get job in pharma. lot of biotech students dont have job.sorry sir for my words. i dont leave my hope .i reach my goal that i get a job in pharma.
20th September 2010, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

yes i agree with suneeta.....there is very narrow future of biotech in india pharma sector. i also have done msc. biotech and have applied in a large companies like ranbaxy, cipla, glenmark etc. no company is ready to hire biotech freshers. itz a ugly truth...so dear students who want to opt biotech as their career must think twice...........i dnt want to u should also face the same prb...scope is in south india mainly
30th September 2010, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

job for msc biotech in chandigarh & punjab
6th October 2010, 05:20 PM
suneetabiotech

you have 2 choices one is you do Ph.D, other one is try to get good job in biotech pharma industry. so many companies like reddys,biocon and santa biotech companies offering jobs for biotech students.
25th October 2010, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

What is scope for M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology? After doing M.Sc. in Med. BT is there any chance for Job?
28th October 2010, 09:05 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is scope for M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology? After doing M.Sc. in Med. BT is there any chance for Job?

After Doing MSc in your stream you can join the industry as fresher.
You can go for the academics after your PG.
You can even go for R and D work
29th October 2010, 07:50 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,
Biotechnology is gaining importance day by day.
After msc, u can opt for lectureship (get through NET exam).
U can opt for MNC job
U can pursue R&D.
30th October 2010, 02:02 AM
ritwickbhattacharya

what marks shouild i have to get in bsc for admission for msc in life science in jnu;and what is the syllabus of entrance exam in jnu in life science for msc

Last edited by ritwickbhattacharya; 31st October 2010 at 10:53 AM.
5th November 2010, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

please give the procedure for getting job in pharma mnc.
7th November 2010, 06:58 PM
megha ram singh

Red face Re: Career after msc biotech in india

After M.Sc. in Biotechnology you can join in any pharmacuetical company like Ranbaxy,Cipla,Glenmark, or you can opt teaching profession

You can also go in research field..there are many options not only in India in abraod also.

Choose the right way & the way in which you are interested..

good luck..
18th November 2010, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

after msc biochemistry i must would like to do job in labs . i dont want to go teaching field plese give the procedure how to get a job
18th November 2010, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i just completed my msc biotechnology in 2006 and entered in teaching field though my parents friends and all warned me ,due to my own interest towards teaching in private degree college! but now college situation is about to close due of lack of students ! what should i do ?now i am in confusion about my life and at least to get my lively hood!please kindly suggest me the suitable one plz
14th February 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

i have completed msc biotechnology in 2010 and i want to know name of biotech companies in ncr where i can apply for job
29th March 2011, 04:53 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,

Thanks.
All the best.
16th May 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

dear
i have completed my M.sc, and M.tech biotech but still am searching job resent days very low colleges only having biotech dept so getting lecturer job also no eassy ple if any is their ple tell me.
22nd May 2011, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

i m doing B.Sc biotech. it is my final year . i m an average student. I want to know about the career prospects after m.sc biotech.
26th May 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

sir plz tell me from which institute i can do phd or any research work if i did not qualified any entrance like net jrf and gate
13th June 2011, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

hey all! I have also completed msc biotech.. Its better to opt for phd if one is seriously interestd in research or can work as a JRF/Research associate but there is no scope for earning more.. Its better to shift towards management.
13th June 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: Career after msc biotech in india

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing msc biotech from kuk.what are the good career prospects after msc biotech
hey no need to get nervous
biotech is a very huge field more than our expectation
like so many pharma ,food processing units,waste treatment centers dairies etc etc
need bio-technologist every year .
just upload your resume on internet and also send it to all desired place.
just apply a useful approach and get into the biotech world.
always remember that the forthcoming era is all about biotech
all the best.dear.
18th June 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

can a student after completing MSc Biotech prepare for JRF? Is the student eligible for JRF?
30th May 2012, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

i am a 2 student and i am confused about choosing stream. Finally i have decided to go for bsc biotechnology. Will it be okay to do my bsc from mcm dav collage chd. And please suggest me from where i should do my furthr studies ie Msc. And also about the job availability
17th January 2013, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Dear friends

for M sc biotechnolgy you should go to bangalore as Biocon, Astrazenca, bangalore genei, biozeen and so many other companies are there it will be helpful for you to get training and job during and after education.if you need more details contact me [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?