22nd July 2010, 07:18 AM
mohammed rafeeq

What to do after clearing all the backlogs of B.Tech? Will I get a good job with 58% in final year?

dear sir,
i have backlogs in BE(mech)
plz tell me what 2 do aftr i clear all in dec 2010.
i will be getting 58% will i get any good job.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a good job after clearing backlogs in 3rd or 5th semester? I am a 2nd year civil engineering student
  2. Can I get a good job in good MNC companies if I clear all my 11 backlogs in the final year? How can I start applying for a job?
  3. What is the duration of clearing backlogs of B.Com
  4. What are the companies that recruit people having CGPA above 6 and 1 backlog?
  5. Is it possible to join Indian Armed Forces on clearing all backlogs?
  6. Can I apply for a job after studying B.Tech with few backlogs?
  7. What are the various jobs which we can get being a back bencher and having 9 backlogs in B.Tech?
  8. Problems due to backlogs in placements or campus recruitments? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What should I do having 8 backlogs in final year? Can I pursue MBA after clearing backlogs?
  10. Will I get a good job if I have 5 backlogs in final year B.Tech(Mech) with 55%?
  11. Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs?
  12. Which is a better choice for me between Masters degree and Job pursuing final year of ECE in BE having an aggregate of 80% with no backlogs?
  13. Can i study MS in US after clearing my backlogs? Will the cleared backlogs affect admission chances?
  14. Will I get a good job if I have completing B.Tech Mechanical with 55% and 5 backlogs?
  15. Eligibility for MBA in IIMs after B.Tech with backlogs?
  16. Am i eligible for NIPER after clearing my backlogs? I am studying BPharmacy 3rd year
  17. Am I eligible to get a job in PSUS after clearing backlogs of 2nd semester of Mechanical Engineering? -- [New]
  18. Jobs after a lot of backlogs in B.Tech.
14th March 2011, 05:49 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after clearing all the backlogs of B.Tech? Will I get a good job with 58% in final year?

You cannot expect to join the MNC's with a low score. Most companies prefer candidates with at least 60%. Also back logs are not preferred. You must try to gain experience even if they are not in reputed companies first. Also gain additional qualifications like going for M.Tech.
14th March 2011, 08:03 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: What to do after clearing all the backlogs of B.Tech? Will I get a good job with 58% in final year?

dear friend don't take tension if you clear all backlog then you get a job..........

because backlog is no any matter in any company if you are a talented and honest then you will get a job..............

but you must clear all backlog then baclog is not important so many companies not see backlog...........

your %age is nice to get one job because so many company which is taken only 50% marks..........
14th March 2011, 08:33 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What to do after clearing all the backlogs of B.Tech? Will I get a good job with 58% in final year?

With the present competition being at the peak level it's tough to get a job with 58% in your B.E.Since you have got less than 60% hence you will be treated as a second class Graduate.Now a days companies prefer candidates who have scored above 60% i.e first class graduates.

But don't loose your hope,you can even go for higher studies(Post Graduation) and have an opportunity to get into a good firm.The only way to secure a good job is by doing either M.Tech or MBA.You can even go through exams like CSAT conducted by the UPSC Board.Through entrance exams like GATE/CAT/MAT you can pursue your post Graduation course.

You can even go through CAD courses which may be useful for you since your from Mechanical side.For entrance into Software companies you can go for courses in NIIT and other such Institutes offering computer courses.
14th March 2011, 08:43 PM
noddy11

Thumbs up Re: What to do after clearing all the backlogs of B.Tech? Will I get a good job with 58% in final year?

Hello Friend,

I will suggest you to do job for 1 or 2 years then go for MBA or Mtech.
58% is not bad. If you have knowledge then you can takeover above 60% students.
so dont worry think positive in life then you will surely succeed.

ALL THE VERY BEST.
14th March 2011, 08:44 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

do not worry there are many companies which recruit people who without seeing their

percentage marks in BE and these companies are very good .they need technical

students who have got very good technical knowledge .

if you have very good technical knowledge then it wont be a problem to you to get job .

as you said you are in mechanical branch so i don't think it would be a problem to you to

get job if you have got very good technical knowledge

you can get job either through walk in or through campus placement .its better if you get

job through campus placement .
14th March 2011, 09:57 PM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

in this present scenario competition is very high for students and below 60% students will be treated as second class but do not lose your hope you have an opportunity because some companies are interested to take second class students also with ssc >=60%, intermediate>=60% . definitely you will be eligible for job but please do the following
1.first go through written tests.
2.improve your communication skills.
3.know about do's and don'ts of group discussion
4.well prepare to face interview.
5.learn your core and technical subjects well.
6.prepare to relocate yourself.
7. mingle with team
8.learn more number of languages.
9.take initiative to learn anything.
10.you need to attract the interviewer by presenting your skills.

All The Best
14th March 2011, 10:15 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

What to do after clearing all the backlogs of B.Tech? Will I get a good job with 58% in final year?

In Now A Days, Mostly Companies Wants 60% Marks In Your Whole Career.

So, With 58% Marks, Its Very Tough For You To Get Good Jobs In Top Companies.

But, I Dont Say That Its Impossible, If Your Communication Skills Are Good And If You Will Face The GD, Then You Will Get Jobs In Future.

Very few Companies In These Days Requires 55% Above Marks In Your Career.

But You Have Scored More Than 55% Marks, then You Are Eligible to Apply For Jobs In Some Good Companies.

So, Please Work hard, Try To Improve Your Communication Skills And Aptitude Skills And GD, If You Really Interested To get Good Jobs In Future.
14th March 2011, 10:37 PM
vikas9862638964

first you have to try for job , read daily news paper and rojgar samachar paper for vacancy.
and no need to depress that you have backlogs and not having 60% .just concentrate on your branch knowledge.which you earn in B.E .
and increase this.
14th March 2011, 11:10 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed rafeeq View Post
dear sir,
i have backlogs in BE(mech)
plz tell me what 2 do aftr i clear all in dec 2010.
i will be getting 58% will i get any good job.
With the present competition being at the peak level it's tough to get a job with 58% in your B.E.Since you have got less than 60% hence you will be treated as a second class Graduate.Now a days companies prefer candidates who have scored above 60% i.e first class graduates.

YOU got less than 60% but don't worry if you have a knowledge and talent than you can get a job in good company .

you have another option you can do MBA OR M.Tech

good luck
14th March 2011, 11:16 PM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India

Mr. Rafeeq, First of all congratulations to you on completing your B.Tech.
The fact is true that most of the companies ask for 60% marks through out carrer.
But there are some companies like Wipro, Accenture, Genesis etc who do not ask for any career marks. You can try and apply for these companies.
But in my opinion its the best time for you to try for an MBA degree may not be from the top colleges of the country but a decent college will fetch you a pay package of Rs. 5 lpa. I am giving you advice from my family experience.
It's now upon you to decide and do inform us about the same.
14th March 2011, 11:44 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear sir,i have backlogs in BE(mech)plz tell me what 2 do aftr i clear all in dec 2010.i will be getting 58% will i get any good job.
Hey Don't be Demoralize your Self, Calm Down you can Still Do whatever you want to do.

If your College Provides Campus Placements then you will be Facing many Companies like FMC, Brodrige etc which comes in No Criteria.

Only some Companies needs 60% But don't worry if your College doesn't have Placements facilities.

Then Do one thing Go to any Job sites Uploade your Resume there if Any company Likes you then they will send call letter.

In respond to it. you will be facing Many Levels like Aptitude, Interview and Group Discussion..

So i can See you are More Hardworking and Passionate about Job, Yes you can Do This.

This is Not a Hard Job and Even Not a Silly Job to crack MNC companies Interview. Hope you will have a Nice future ahead.
15th March 2011, 01:42 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, don't worry about low percentage & backlogs of B.Tech.

you will definitely get jobs in mechanical field .

though you will not get very good company after btech.

but after experience, you will get good jobs.

apart from that you can do further study also like MBA, MTech etc.

all the best..........
15th March 2011, 07:21 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What to do after clearing all the backlogs of B.Tech? Will I get a good job with 58% in final year?

hello friend..

As we are engineers to try things differently is our practice

but to become an engineer unfortunately and officially we don't have any other alternatives

be regular to few semesters

be in touch with your lecturers

don't get disheartened..

definitely you'll pass

follow your own methods to present the answers in effective and marks scoring manner..

don't hesitate to clear exams

have a long look in to your career

you'll mentally fix that you have to clear your back logs this time only.

after clearing back logs you will definitely get a job

but not upto your expectations.

coz you only know the reason...the high competition..

the top class students are only striving to get the jobs

Present day situation is like

if you have good soft and communication skills
the companies are ready to take you eventhough

you don't have the percentage according to the organisation rules

so don't loose your hope

be confident

clear your back logs as soon as possible

give as many trials as you can.

get a good job

have you career progress fast

all the best

~aditya~
15th March 2011, 10:04 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

HIIIIII Friend,

Backlogs does not matters at the JOB.

For JOB, only complete degree required.

After 58 % in B.Tech. you are not eligibile for any government jobs because

minimum eligibility for government JOBS is: -

1. Pass B.E. or B.Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics & Communication Engg. or Mechanical Engg. or aeronautical engineering or Computer Science Engg. or Chemical Engg. or Electrical Engg. with a minimum of 65 % aggregate marks from a recognized Institute / University.

2. Nationality - Indian

3. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

Note: - You are eligibile only for private jobs.

Best of Luck
15th March 2011, 10:26 AM
09anushkasharma

see your academic record matters in case of your placement, not not fully, if you have 58%, then its good, not to be worried about it.still you have something in your hand, try to be technically strong, try to improve communication skills. If you have all these qualities, then company will surely hire u and even with good package.

anushka..
15th March 2011, 07:44 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

If I say frankly then you are definitely going to face problem in future .
Most of the companies need at least 60% in B.Tech but you have only 58% .
Your marks especially 3rd and 4th are really crucial. So you must have good marks in these four semester that is 5th ,6th,7th and 8th semester.

But don’t get hopless . there is still the possibility of getting job. Apply in those companies which don’t need any marks criteria.
The most important is your knowledge in your branch paper. If you have enough knowedge then you will definitely find job .Marks are just the first impression.
Try to get some job in smaller companies and after getting some experience ,you would be able to get a job in good companies as well.

IF PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS THEN I WILL ADVICE YOU TO GO FOR SOME HIGHER COURSES LIKE-M.Tech OR M.B.A BECAUSE TODAY MASTER DEGREE IS IN FULL TREND AND AFTER SECURING GOOD MARKS IN YOUR MASTER DEGREE ,YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET GOOD JOB.

WITH REGARDS
ravik1214
16th March 2011, 12:33 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

to do after clearing all the backlogs of B.Tech
you can even go for higher studies(Post Graduation) and have an opportunity to get into a good firm.The only way to secure a good job is by doing either M.Tech or MBA.You can even go through exams like CSAT conducted by the UPSC Board.Through entrance exams like GATE/CAT/MAT you can pursue your post Graduation course.
You can even go through CAD courses which may be useful for you since your from Mechanical side.For entrance into Software companies you can go for courses in NIIT and other such Institutes offering computer courses
backlog is no any matter in any company if you are a talented and honest then you will get a job.
but you must clear all backlog then baclog is not important so many companies not see backlog.
your %age is nice to get one job because so many company which is taken only 50% marks

good luck
6th April 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

hello i have 5years degree in my btech could i eligable for government job and i have only 55% in my btech plz reply 2 my question
15th April 2011, 11:41 PM
devendergora

These days most the companies demand minimum 60% in btech , so better would be to do M.tech or MBA.
30th May 2011, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 58% in b.tech(c.s.e) for higher studies i.e m.tech throw PGESET or GATE which is good ?
6th July 2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i completed my b.tech 2ndyear,but i have 10 backlogs,still now,,,i have a doubt that i will be detained,,,give me correct information sir
24th January 2012, 05:46 PM
drurv

Since you have got less than 60% hence you will be treated as a second class Graduate.Now a days companies prefer candidates who have scored above 60% i.e first class graduates.

But don't loose your hope,you can even go for higher studies(Post Graduation) and have an opportunity to get into a good firm.The only way to secure a good job is by doing either M.Tech or MBA.You can even go through exams like CSAT conducted by the UPSC Board.Through entrance exams like GATE/CAT/MAT you can pursue your post Graduation course.

You can even go through CAD courses which may be useful for you since your from Mechanical side.For entrance into Software companies you can go for courses in NIIT/
27th February 2012, 02:00 AM
edward1989

I will suggest you to do job for 1 or 2 years then go for MBA or Mtech.
58% is not bad. If you have knowledge then you can takeover above 60% students.
so dont worry think positive in life then you will surely succeed.
1st February 2013, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

i have 70% in my B.Tech ECE. i am 2011 pass out guy. I have good communication skills. Due to personal things i wasted time till now. Now its a need for me to do good Job with good salary in visakhapatnam. Is it possible for me without experience?
8th October 2014, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

I completed my B.Tech in 2008 during the period 2004-08. But i passed my degree at 2009 Nov due to some reasons. From the past one years i am working for a company with out submitting my degree certificate. Now i am planning to change company, how can i proceed? So, this experience will work for me or not? Will they agree my experience before passing my Degree or not? and what should i written in pass out date either 2008 or 2009.

Source
27th March 2015, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Having 59% in 10th 56 in 12th. Did B.E from Anna university in 5 and a half years and secured 6.39 CPGA. Currently doing M.Tech? Any future of mine. Please guide me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?