22nd July 2010, 03:24 PM
venugopal.kurra17

Can I apply fro doctorate directly without doing masters degree? What is the eligibility to do doctorate? How many subjects are there in Doctorate Degree and what are the specializations?

Dear Sir / Madam,

Iam doing my degree final year (B.A.) through correspondence from Dravidian University. Iam very much interested in doing Doctorate degree. So,

1. Can i apply for Doctorate directly, without doing my Master's degree?

2. What is the eligibility for doing Doctorate?

3. How many subjects are there in Doctorate degree?

4. What are the specializations?

5. Which is the best valid university to join?

Request you to kindly answer my above questions and oblige.

Thanking You,
With Best Regards,
K.Venugopal

7th September 2011, 10:53 AM
goutam1222

Default Re: Can I apply fro doctorate directly without doing masters degree? What is the eligibility to do doctorate? How many subjects are there in Doctorate Degree and what are the specializations?

in India the scope of doing doctorate after completing undergraduate degree in not widely available. though IITs offers few students to pursue directly phd afte b.tech. but this is again a tech course not a general degree course. for you it is not possible to go for phd without doing masters. eligibility for doing phd is masters in a particular field. in doctoral course you do not go through syllabus you choose a field ,topic and do research on that. collecting papers and trying to explore new research proposals.
20th April 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply fro doctorate directly without doing masters degree? What is the eligibility to do doctorate? How many subjects are there in Doctorate Degree and what are the specializations?

What is the scope of P.hd. In Education.
7th July 2013, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

HI,

Please suggest as i am interested in doing Phd, as PT or through Distance learning.
Have completed my Graduation from DAVV indore (B.Com) in 2005 and MBA in IT& HR through distance learning(2012).

Is it compulsory to appear for CET/SLET for Phd.or can get direct admission.

Regards,
Prakash
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?