24th July 2011, 06:16 AM
b.tech ECE

Names of Publications of books to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of ECE? Which month the exam will held?

hello sir
i am a b.tech ECE student.i want to prepare for upsc IES exam..can u tell me the names or publications of the books for its preparation..and in which month this exam will be held.
thankyou

24th July 2011, 04:07 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Names of Publications of books to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of ECE? Which month the exam will held?

hello dear

you can apply for IES exam. but before that you must check the given

as the criteria which is required for the four discipline branch of engineering is given below

1.minimum graduation in engineering from recognized university or college.

2.minimum 55% marks in engineering.

3.age limit 21-28.

books to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of ECE

1. Gk publication.

2.R.K.Rajput.

3.M.hunda.

4.Made easy publication.

etc.

Expected in the month of May, 2012 it will be held in the upcoming year.

all the best..............
25th July 2011, 10:06 AM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Thumbs up Re: Names of Publications of books to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of ECE? Which month the exam will held?

The IES exam is for the candidates who are having an engineering degree. The basic eligibility for appearing in the IES exam carried out by the UPSE is to be not less than 21 years of age and not more than 30 years. The candidates must also hold a Degree in Engineering or equivalent in certain specific subjects. In additional to the written test, physical fitness test also will be there. The IES exam is carried out in order to appoint exceptionally bright candidate in the engineering stream in one of the top most positions in the government sector. There for the exam is structured in such a manner to quality only the brightest and hardworking candidates. It is one of the toughest exams to get cleared, just for this reason. You will have to put all your time and effort and focus precisely towards the exam in order to pass the exam. Each step is very crucial. Therefore it is advisable to get external help, through coaching centers or tutors for getting a systematic training for the IES.

Books for IES

1.Question Bank In Electronics And Communication Engineering (Paperback)
by Prem R Chadha
Publisher: Galgotia (2004)

2.Faq Electronics & Communications Engineering (Paperback)
by Sharma
Publisher: Galgotia (2005)
29th August 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Names of Publications of books to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of ECE? Which month the exam will held?

HELLO SIR,
I AM FIRST YEAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT ..PLEASE SIR CAN YOU TELL ME NAMES OR PUBLICATION OF THE BOOKS FOR THE PREPARATION OF UPSC EXAM/IES IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.
24th June 2012, 03:16 PM
sumit911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HELLO SIR,
I AM FIRST YEAR MECHANICAL ENGINEERING STUDENT ..PLEASE SIR CAN YOU TELL ME NAMES OR PUBLICATION OF THE BOOKS FOR THE PREPARATION OF UPSC EXAM/IES IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.

Hello Friend,

You can refer to these books for the preparation of IES Exam for the Mechanical branch:

2nd August 2013, 02:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.tech ECE View Post
hello sir
i am a b.tech ECE student.i want to prepare for upsc IES exam..can u tell me the names or publications of the books for its preparation..and in which month this exam will be held.
thankyou

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Engineering course from reconized university then you are applicable for IES Exam .

If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

You are from B-Tech in ECE so you are applicable for IES Exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Best Books for IES exam for ECE

IES General Ability
by G K P
Publisher: G.K.PUB

UPSC ES Engineering Services Examination: Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Guide For IES Engineering Service Examination: Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
by Deepak Gupta
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Chapterwise Solved Papers (2011-2000) IES Indian Engineering Services Objective Paper Electronics & Telecommuincation (Paper-1 & 2)
Author: Manish Purbey

IES 2014 exam date announced very soon in UPSC website .

For more information about IES exam , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
2nd August 2013, 10:41 PM
HUM 00

Books to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of ECE==

=Made easy publication.

== M.hunda.

=R.K.Rajput.

== Gk publication.

May, 2012 it will be held in the upcoming year.
2nd August 2013, 10:41 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "IES" stands for Indian Engineering Services. The Union Public Service Commission [UPSC] holds the responsibility to conduct the IES Exam every year.

The Minimum educational qualification required for the IES Exam is graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

But the candidates have to choose any one of the below mentioned streams to answer in the exam :

* Civil Engineering

* Mechanical Engineering

* Electronics & Electrical Engineering

* Electronics & Communication Engineering

As you are a B.Tech ECE Candidate , the best books for you for the preparation of IES Exam are :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

6th August 2013, 03:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Its good to see that you are interested in giving the Indian Engineering services examination.In order to get success in this examination you must labour and study hard .For this you requires good books which can provide you exact details along with good concept so that you can excel in the examination.

Here is the list of some of the best books for the Electronics and communication engineering graduate for the IES preparation.I have provided you the name of writers of the best book instead of publications .You can also get the books through the name of writers.

>>Measurement and Instrumentation: A.K Sawhney

>>Network theory: D Roy choudhary

>>Material science : S.P Seth

>>Microwave: Sanjeev Gupta

>>Optical fiber communications: John M Senior

>>Digital electronics : Morris Mano

>>Electromagnetic theory: Sadiku or Hayt

>>Control systems: B.S Manke

>>Signal and system: Oppenhiem

>>Communication system: Simon Haykins

>>Analog electronics and circuits: Sedra Smith.

NOte: You may also go for the MADE EASY publications books for some subjects for better knowledge in short time.

Hope the information helps you.If you have any other query regarding this you can leave your message here .

All the best.

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?