24th July 2011, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Complete procedure to become IPS Officer? Eligibility criteria for IPS Exam?

what is the whole procedure to become an ips officer. also provide me the eligibility criteria for IPS Exam.

27th July 2011, 11:12 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Complete procedure to become IPS Officer? Eligibility criteria for IPS Exam?

The procedure for becoming an IPS officer or IAS officer is the same. You will need to appear for the UPSC exam for the same. To be eligible for this test, you need to be graduate atleast. You will first need to clear the CSAT exam which is basically an aptitude oriented test. If you are able to clear the same then you need to appear for the Mains and after that interview round. There will be a physical fitness test too to be cleared after all these rounds.
29th July 2011, 01:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Complete procedure to become IPS Officer? Eligibility criteria for IPS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the whole procedure to become an ips officer. also provide me the eligibility criteria for IPS Exam.
dear friend,

Yes, you are eligible for the IPS exam as you satisfy the eligibility criteria,the other criteria's are mentioned below:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM:-

The candidate must be a citizen of India.
The candidate must have a a age limit of 21-30 years.
For SC/ST - 35 years.
For OBC - 33 years.
For Ex-service men it is 5 years from the prescribed limits.
The candidate must have a degree from a recognized university.

Attempts:

For OPEN-4, OBC-7,SC/ST-NO LIMIT.

so you are eligible for IPS exam if your age is above 21 years old.

Thank you.
29th July 2011, 02:58 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Complete Information About IPS Examination -

Firstly I have to Inform you that the IAS/IPS Examination was conducted by UPSC Every Year and To Become IPS Officer you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services Examination.

The Examination also Knows as (CSAT) Civil Services Aptitude Test.

And To appear in this examination you have to complete Your Graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

So, if your age should between 21 to 30 years, then you are eligible to apply for this examination, Final year Graduate Candidates are also eligible for Civil services examination.

The Examination was conducted into Two Stages.

>> Preliminary Examination (Compulsory for all candidates)

>> Main Examination (Only for those who Crack the Preliminary examination).

The Notification was Declared in the Month of February and Published in the employment Newspaper and In the Official Official Website.

Eligible Candidates May Fill the Application form Online By visit the Official website, If you are Interested to apply for this examination, then please wait for the Nest year Notification, The application form was also availiable in the Post offices in India, You can also Obtained form there. And For Complete Information please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in

CSAT Preliminary Examination pattern -

29th July 2011, 03:10 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

hello
IST of all i would like to tell you about the exam:
to become a IPS officer you need to write in UPSC Civil services examination which is the hardest examination .
ELIGIBILITY :
you should complete your graduation from a recognized university /final year students can also apply.
29th July 2011, 04:13 PM
Vikas Abhishek

Quote:
To become an IAS officer,you will have to qualify an examination that is conducted by UPSC.the exam is conducted in three stages:-
1.CSAT
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW

The eligibility to appear in the exam are as follows:-
1.You should have done your graduation from any stream.
2.Your age should be above 21 years.

For any detailed information,visit the official siye of upsc,
www.upsc.gov.in
29th July 2011, 04:51 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

The complete procedure to become IPS Officer is given below

firstly you have to do minimum graduation in any stream. and you have to secure minimum 50% marks.

then you have to appear in the UPSC-IAS exam.through which you can join as an IPS officer.

Eligibility criteria for IPS Exam is given below

1.minimum graduation in any subjects from recognized university or college.

2.minimum 5o% marks in graduation.

3.age limit 21-29 years for general candidate.

there is a age relaxation for the ST/SC/OBC candidate.

all the best........
29th July 2011, 05:46 PM
nikhilpatidar

IPS stand for Indian Public Service Examination and IPS entrance exam conducted every year .If any candidate want to clear IPS exam lots of hardwork and knowledge required.

Education Qualification:- Candidate have graduation degree in any discipline from recognized University/colleges.

Age Limit:- Candidate age Limit not more then 30 years.

Examination Pattern:-
Examination held in two slot:-
i)Paper -I
ii)Paper-II

Paper I consist 200 marks with general science ,economic,Geography and general knowledge of National and International.

Paper II consist also consist 200 marks with question related to communication skills and basic knowledge of Mathematics.

For further information please check out latest update for IPS exam purpose:-
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
Nikhil
29th July 2011, 08:26 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts entrance exam for the post of IPS/IAS.UPSC release notification for IPS post.Notification displayed on the website of UPSC.you have to visit website of UPSC for notification-

To become a IPS officer you have to write for IPS entrance exam which is conducted by UPSC every year.

To apply for this exam you have to complete your graduation.after graduation you can apply for this exam.

Eligibility for IPS exam-

You have to complete your graduation.you can also apply in last year of graduation.

Age limit for this exam is 21-30 year.

IPS exam conducted in two stages-

Preliminiary exam
Main exam

First you have to write for Preliminiary exam and then write for Main exam.you can't directly apply for Main exam.
29th July 2011, 09:50 PM
rajsvk

what is the next date of exam
29th July 2011, 10:37 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Complete procedure to become IPS Officer? Eligibility criteria for IPS Exam?

Quote:
IPS is one of the Indian Civil Service and the exam conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

The candidates must be eligible for the exam and the criteria's are:
  • The candidates must be a citizen of India.
  • The candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years.
  • For SC/ST - 35
  • For OBC - 33
  • For Ex-service men it is 5 years exception.
  • The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university.
  • The candidates who are writing their final degree exam are also eligible.

The candidates are selected through 3 stages:

Preliminary exam.
Main exam.
Interview.

Attempts:

For SC/ST -No limit
For OBC -7
For General - 4

Physical Standards:

Height:

Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest:

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Thank you.
6th August 2011, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

i am a btech student of final year.so may i eligible for the ips examination??????????
13th September 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

i want to know the criteria of the eligibility for IPS , Like Education i have passed my Graduate with B.com (pass) but i am not able to get good percentage , can y tell me what percentage want for the IPS , also Height becoz my Height above 4' 11''. So, tell me can i give this exam

please give me response about it on my Mail Id [email protected] , please do reply it's must ,

Thanks
20th September 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS SYLLABUS
12th October 2011, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

IPS EXAM IS DIFFICULT?
12th October 2011, 05:06 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear......
The details procedure & eligibility of IPS officer are as follows.

for more details visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.....
27th October 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am a b.tech 2nd year student. my eye sight is -3.0 without spex which can be corrected with spex..is there any problem with that. am i eligible for the test.???? can you please tell me the complete pysical criteria for that...actually i want to join defence force or like police force but i did lose hope because of my not so good eye sight..plz reply soon .. thanks
29th October 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

what is syllabus & papar pattern
29th October 2011, 07:47 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Indian Police Service

For become a IPS officer , you must have to clear the civil service examination, which is conducted by UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION).Through this examination, one can get job on the highest rank in the Indian police .
For appear in the exam,, you must have graduation degree from a recognized college, in any stream.
this civil service examination,consist three stages-
1.CSAT
2.MAINS.
3.INTERVIEW (PERSONALITY TEST).
In which the CSAT examination, consist two section,.
1.English
2.General ability .

The age limit for this examination is -
21-30 years for the General candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates.,

No. of attempts-
four for the GENERAL candidates,

seven for the OBC candidates,.

no such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,,.
29th October 2011, 07:51 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Indian Police Service

For become a IPS officer , you must have to clear the civil service examination, which is conducted by UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION).Through this examination, one can get job on the highest rank in the Indian police .
For appear in the exam,, you must have graduation degree from a recognized college, in any stream.
this civil service examination,consist three stages-
1.CSAT
2.MAINS.
3.INTERVIEW (PERSONALITY TEST).
In which the CSAT examination, consist two section,.
1.English
2.General ability .

The age limit for this examination is -
21-30 years for the General candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates.,

No. of attempts-
four for the GENERAL candidates,

seven for the OBC candidates,.

no such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,,.
29th October 2011, 11:27 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

It is very nice to see that you want to become an IPS officer and want to serve the nation.

The selection of IPS officer is done through the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC.The examination has four phases Preliminary Examination,Main examination,Medical Test and then Interview.After passing these examination one can become an IPS officer.

The eligibility criteria for the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate must be a graduate from a recognized institution and the age of the candidate must be between 21 years to 30 years.SC/ST and OBC candidate are provided 5 years and 3 years age relaxation respectively.
A general candidate can appear in the civil service examination 4 times and an OBC candidate can appear up to 7 times.SC/ST candidate has no limit.

For more detail you can log on to the official website of the UPSC.

Best Wishes....
31st October 2011, 05:41 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

For become a IPS [INDIAN POLICE SERVICE] Officer, you must have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized college.
you must have to clear the civil service examination , which is conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION[UPSC] every years.

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years,.
there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxation for the SC\ST & OBC candidates.
i.e. 21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years or the SC\ST candidates,.

This civil service examination has three stages-
1.CSAT[CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]

A general candidate can appear in this examination only for the 4 times,and for the OBC candidates is limitation is for 7 times,.
there is no such kind of restriction for SC\ST candidates

Thank you!!
~gamble~
31st October 2011, 05:42 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

For become a IPS [INDIAN POLICE SERVICE] Officer, you must have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized college.
you must have to clear the civil service examination , which is conducted by UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION[UPSC] every years.

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years,.
there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxation for the SC\ST & OBC candidates.
i.e. 21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years or the SC\ST candidates,.

This civil service examination has three stages-
1.CSAT[CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]

A general candidate can appear in this examination only for the 4 times,and for the OBC candidates is limitation is for 7 times,.
there is no such kind of restriction for SC\ST candidates

Thank you!!
~gamble~
3rd November 2011, 09:14 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

hello
to become a IPS officer you need to write in UPSC Civil services examination which is the hardest examination .
ELIGIBILITY :
you should complete your graduation from a recognized university /final year students can also apply
3rd November 2011, 09:18 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

hello
ELIGIBILITY :
you should complete your graduation from a recognized university /final year students can also apply
4th November 2011, 05:29 PM
miiky

Examination Pattern:-
Examination held in two slot:-
i)Paper -I
ii)Paper-II

Paper I consist 200 marks with general science ,economic,Geography and general knowledge of National and International.

Paper II consist also consist 200 marks with question related to communication skills and basic knowledge of Mathematics.

For SC/ST - 35 years.
For OBC - 33 years.
5th November 2011, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

sir! i am doing software engineering and my age is 20years. I want to be an IPS officer. Please can u help me by telling that if i am able to give the IPS exam??
and please help me out by telling that how i can prepare for the IPS examination.
10th January 2012, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

i am mechanical engg students,what are the stages to become an IPS officer,me having all physical eligibility(168cm,86cm) how ll be the interview
10th January 2012, 09:00 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Complete procedure to become IPS(Indian Police Service) officer. The IPS exam is conducted by UPSC(union public service commission).

* Candidates should be the citizen of India.
* Candidates should complete graduation from recognized university.
* You should have age limit within 21 to 30 years.
* For OBC category age limit 21 to 33 years
* For SC/ST category age limit 21 to 35 years.
* Final year candidates are also eligible.

Attempts:

* For general - 4 attempts
* For OBC - 7 attempts
* For SC/ST - No limit

Procedure:

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview

Best wishes
16th March 2012, 10:42 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,.
To become an ips officer the following is eligibility criteria:

To become an IPS officer you
need to be a graduate from a
recognized university. The minimum age
requirement is 21 and
maximum is 30 for General
Category aspirants. For OBC,
the maximum age
requirement becomes 33 and for SC/ST it becomes 35 while
minimum age remains the
same for all three categories. you need to be an Indian
Citizen to become a part of All
India Services.
Al the best.
26th March 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i am m.pharm student, sir can i eligible of IPS exam.
sir my hight 167, chest, 80-84 (if any other physical requirment then send me)
plz reply
[email protected]
27th March 2012, 12:22 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well if you want to become an IPS officer then you will have to appear for the civil service exam.The examination is conducted by the UPSC.This examination is conducted for following post :

Indian Administrative Service
Indian Foreign Service
Indian Police Service
Group 'A' Services
Group 'B' Services

The recruitment to civil service is completed in two phases ::

1.Preliminary exam
2.Main exam.:It consist of :
1.Written exam
2,Interview

1.Preliminary exam::It is common for all students and consist of two papers and both are of objective types.

Paper 1 : (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.
Paper II: (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs

2.Main exam:: The main examination contains following papers.

Eligibility ::

The interested candidates should have passed their graduation in any streams from recognized college.
You should be above 21 and below 30 years .Relaxation in upper age is given to reserved caste students .

Important dates ::

Date of Notification::04.02.2012
Last date for receipt for application:: 05.03.2012
Date of Preliminary Examination ::20.05.2012
Date of main examination ::05.10.2012
27th March 2012, 12:40 AM
Myadi0011

Yes, you are eligible for the IPS exam as you satisfy the eligibility criteria,the other criteria's are mentioned below:

For SC/ST - 35 years.
For OBC - 33 years.

Attempts:

27th March 2012, 12:47 AM
Myadi0011

For SC/ST - 35 years.
For OBC - 33 years.

Attempts:

27th March 2012, 06:32 PM
Denny_Crane

you can sit for UPSC , CSAT exam 2011 which is going to be held in may 2011.after passing this exam you can become an IPS officer.

the detailed information about upsc 2011 exam will be published in the employment news in the month of nov. there will be three stage exam. first stage is preliminary test, after that there will be mains exam, then finally you have to appear for interview .

you should focus on mainly NCERT books for history,geography,economics etc.for aptitude test you can follow RS AGGRAWAL's book.for general study focus on daily newspapers. india today,yojna etc.

you can also join any good coachings.

For IAS,IPS,IFS all service need to clear UPSC civil service examination.for details regarding examination and schedule you please browse upsc official website.

www.upsc.gov.in

and also all details you get here also

www.civilservice.in
23rd August 2012, 04:01 AM
Unregistered

Hi,

is the horse riding and swimming is must for the candidate at the interview level?
6th September 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

i want to know the criteria of the eligibility for IPS , Like Education i have passed my Graduate with eng. , also Height becoz my Height above 4' 11''. So, tell me can i give this exam
plz reply my [email protected] plz plz plz plz reply
30th November 2012, 06:23 PM
suraj391

HELLLLlLloo
This Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

For SC/ST - 35 years.
For OBC - 33 years.

Attempts:

The complete selection procedure for this is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Here is the required eligibility criteria to appear for civil services exam.

Academic Qualification :
-You should have completed Graduation with any of the steam from a recognized university.
-Even the candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible to give this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

Age limit :
-A candidate of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
-For the candidates of SC/ST category, relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 10 years for the candidates with physical disabilities.

As you are a candidate pursuing final year of B.Com course, you are eligible to give this exam.

Have good preparation for this exam and crack it.

You need to get very high score in the written exam to be placed in IPS.
Otherwise you might be placed in other civil services.

Keep this in mind and prepare accordingly.

THAXSXSXSXXXXXXXXX
26th March 2014, 12:28 PM
Meenu Angural

I Meenu I have done MBA in the year of 2013, please tell me the full eligibility fir become the IPS officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?