25th July 2011, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

What should I do either BBA or BCA? My uncle is suggesting to do B.Sc but I am interested in BBA and BCA

i passed my 12th with pcm + it n nw m confused what should i prefer nw i dont want to do bsc but my uncle is saying me to give prefrence to bsc he says bca and bba dont have so much of future for you but i dont want to do bsc m thinking of bba or bca m totally confused what shoud i do? plz answer today as on 27 its last day of admission here in jammu

4th June 2012, 04:31 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do either BBA or BCA? My uncle is suggesting to do B.Sc but I am interested in BBA and BCA

BBA and BCA, both are very good course to study...after BBA, you can do MBA and after BCA you can do MCA or MBA.

For BCA, the minimum educational criteria is a pass in 10+2 in any stream with minimum 45% marks and should have either maths or computer as one of the subjects and should have english as a compulsory subject.

For BBA, the minimum educational criteria is a pass in 10+2 from any stream with English as a subject with minimum 45% marks.

For both the courses, Some colleges conducts their own entrance exam while some seeks admission on the basis of merit.

The subjects that you have to learn in BCA are:

*Computer Fundamentals.
*C programming.
*System Analysis & Design.
*Web Design & Internet Programming.
*Organizational Behaviour.
*Visual Basic.
*Computer Laboratory & Practical work.

The subjects that you have to learn in BBA are:

*Principles of Management.
*Business Mathematics and Statistics.
*Business Economics.
*Introduction to Operations Research.
*Financial and Management Accounting.
*Production and Material Management.
*Personnel Management and Industrial Relations.
*Marketing Management.
*Business Data Processing.
*Business Laws.

After BCA, you will get jobs in companies like Wipro, Infosys, TCS, CTS, IBM, HCL etc and your salary will 1.8 to 2.5 per annum, depending upon your post and company.

After BBA, you may get jobs in BPO and your salary will be nearly 10,000 to 15,000 per month.
Normally, people do MBA after BBA, instead of doing any jobs.

And you can also go for civil service exams after completing graduation either in BCA or BBA, if you are interested in government jobs and serving the country.

4th June 2012, 04:43 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do either BBA or BCA? My uncle is suggesting to do B.Sc but I am interested in BBA and BCA

Hello,
In the vision of corporate world,there is much difference between BBA and BCA.
If we talk about BCA-
*BCA stands for Bachelor in Computer Application.
*A high school qualified candidate can opt for BCA,whether the stream was Commerce or Science, in high school.

*In BCA you will have to deal with,Computer applications like-

-System development.
-Networking.
-Internet working.
-Application software.
-System management.
But if you had not Maths,as a subject in high school exam,then you will not be eligible for MCA.

And if we talk about BBA-

*BBA stands for Bachelor in Business Administration.
*You may opt BBA,whether you have any stream in high school.
*In BBA you will study about,Data interpretation,Accountancy,Management skill etc.
*The Master Degree of BBA is,'MBA' which is much popular due to its,high appeal & demand in corporate sector.
Yeah,An Science student can opt any of the subjects for the bachelor degree.
Ok, Best of luck.

9th June 2012, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

I am mathematics student. What i do bba or bca
11th June 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th isc exam but failed in math can ieligble for bba
20th July 2012, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Question arises in my mind that why should i apply for bca?
27th March 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

now iam studying bsc ( maths ,statistics ,computer science ) .....give me some suggestions to get job in google and yahoo.....
28th March 2013, 01:58 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i passed my 12th with pcm + it n nw m confused what should i prefer nw i dont want to do bsc but my uncle is saying me to give prefrence to bsc he says bca and bba dont have so much of future for you but i dont want to do bsc m thinking of bba or bca m totally confused what shoud i do? plz answer today as on 27 its last day of admission here in jammu
No doubt that BBA and BCA are very good options and moreover it is important that you go for your interest and it is you who have to pursue your career and after BBA you can go MBA and it very good to do MBA through CAT and after BCA you can go for MCA as they are all about computer applications..

So these fields are not too bad.
7th November 2013, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

can i take bba without maths
8th February 2014, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear my name is Dr.Mansoor ali malik and i am Phd in computer science.It is better for u to go for BCA rather than BSC.No doubt BSC is also a good option.
9th February 2014, 12:18 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

As you have completed your 10+2 with Mathematics, you are eligible to join any of the 3 courses that you mentioned like
BBA
BCA
B.Sc

Soon after the completion of any of these courses at Graduation level, you are eligible to join various Post Graduation level courses like
MCA
M.Sc

If you are not interested in joining B.Sc course, then don't join.

BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration. BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications.

The duration of both the courses is 3 years and being offered by many of the colleges in India.

I suggest you to opt for the one between these on the basis of the course that you would like to join at Post Graduation level.

If you want to opt for Management related courses like MBA at PG level, then I suggest you to opt for BBA course.

In contrast to this, if you want to get into IT field, then I suggest you to opt for BCA course.

But whatever the course you join, gain good subject knowledge in that course so that you will easily get job in any of the company.

Wish you all the best.
13th May 2014, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Bsc computer science will helpful in feature life....pls give some suggestion or can i go head for some other subject lije BCA O bba
18th May 2014, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

which course is best to get a good job and good salary BBA or BCA ? Iam interest in BCA.
18th May 2014, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Which course is best to get good job and good salary BBA or BCA? Iam interest in BCA ...
plz reply me iam waiting ! iam from Belgaum - Karnataka.
6th June 2020, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Mam, I have completed my 2nd puc in PCMB stream but still english language exam and results are pending.. Which is good in opting BBA (or) BSC.
My parents are insisting for BSC but me I'm interested in BBA AVIATION..
One more doubt I have is which on opting good in the above mentioned degrees after lockdown and why?
And would u suggest me any degree which is best to opt after lockdown..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?