31st July 2010, 02:02 AM
vkas

Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed?

Namastey,i am vikash kumar pursuing BE in siddaganga institute of technology,tumkur and now i jumped to 4th year with cgpa of 8.88. please give me information about core companies and how to apply for them.

Related Questions:
  1. Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How can I get in core companies after scoring 82%?
  3. Should I focus in software or in core companies if I am a ECE engineer? How to prepare to get into core companies?
  4. List of vacant jobs in core companies for freshers in Electronics and Communication
  5. List of core companies for mechanical engineering core jobs
  6. Which are the core companies related to Electronics?
  7. Minimum CGPA required to become eligible for Mechanical Core Companies?
  8. How can I join ECE core companies? Which value added courses are required for Core Companies?
  9. Are we responsible to get a perfect job after doing B.Tech ECE?
  10. How could I come to know about the companies hiring B.Tech ECE students in off campus placements?
  11. Placement in core companies after B.E? Which core companies can I get after scoring 8.10 CGPA?
  12. Which one is better after B.Tech among job and M.Tech? What should one do in order to work in core companies?
  13. What steps should I take to work in core companies after completing EEE graduation with 80% marks?
  14. Preparation tips and application procedure for Core Companies in ECE? List of companies?
  15. How to get placed in good companies for electrical and electronics department? Information about the core companies? Number of good core companies in Inida?
  16. Which core companies come for Chemical Engineers?
  17. Does core Mechanical companies recruit girls? List of core Mechanical companies? -- [New]
  18. How can i apply in core companies?
31st July 2010, 04:55 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed?

Dear friend
There are many companies that visit your college for campus placement and as you have a good CGPA you would be shortlisted for interview in most of them (which come for your branch).
I think Placement is not your problem!!! Your problem could be the Package that these company provide.
In that case I would suggest you to get at least one job from campus interview for safety(Whatever package is offer). But in parallel you should apply off-campus to the companies of your interest. Also fill up the NTPC application form.
As your CGPA is good you would be considered in off campus interviews. Just be confident.
For applying off-campus visit the company website and get the HR contact details.
Contact the HR office by a cover letter mentioning your purpose with resume.
Once your application is considered you will be called for the interview.
Good Luck
31st July 2010, 05:27 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Default Re: Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed?

The core companies are
BHEL, SAIL, NTPC,BEL, ONGC, IOC, HINDALCO, etc are some of the core companies which have been given the status of Maharatna companies..
These PSUs advertise their vacancy in employment newspaper and you can apply for them.
Best of Luck!
31st July 2010, 07:43 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,
really your cgpa is very good,
1st of tell me the name of your stream then after i will reply you better and and i will provides you the list of the core company related to your stream,
31st July 2010, 09:30 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you have not mention which stream you are belongs to.

so as a core field, generally those companies are take core engineering holders are given below

1.L&T.

2.Tata motors.

3.DLF.

4.HERP Honda.

5.godrej.

6.tata steel.

all of these conpany takes candidate through on campusing on college and Pull campusing of college.

all the best......
31st July 2010, 11:12 AM
kalyan333

Thumbs up Re: Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed?

after b.e,you may join in core companies.
the companies are
1.ONGC.
2.DRDO
and many companies are there.
first you have to pass with 60%.
this is must.
31st July 2010, 11:44 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

first please mention the branch to which ypu belong,
the best core companies are l&t,mahindra,tata,
ntpc,ongc,iocl,
there is an separate method to join in each of these companies ,they have there own entrance test,just keep looking the papers for there advertisements
all the best
31st July 2010, 12:23 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

hello,
every information you have provided are well understood but you have not mentioned in which stream you have done BE.
At first let us know in which particular trend you are looking jobs,then we can help you by providing informations about the relevant core companies.

Good luck! bye.
31st July 2010, 01:29 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Engineering graduates obtain placements in top MNcs if they are graduated from reputed colleges like.IITs,Osmania university,JNU etc…They get placements in companies like IBM,Accenture,Wipro,TCS etc…In order to get placed in core companies you need to improve your communication skill, reasoning ability and also you should score excellent marks.
31st July 2010, 04:28 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkas View Post
Namastey,i am vikash kumar pursuing BE in siddaganga institute of technology,tumkur and now i jumped to 4th year with cgpa of 8.88. please give me information about core companies and how to apply for them.
according to yours branch in BE core company differs. so it is advised you to first mention your branch. like for IT and CS branch core companies are Infosys, L&N infotech, and others similarly for EI it is power sector. And accordingly different prepartion are to be done.
31st July 2010, 04:29 PM
sharad3010

ur cgpa is good and u r eligible for almost all companies
if any of the company comes in ur college then u may be knowing it....

else for off campus placement u can try freshersworld.com its very helpful llink here u can find out easily last year question papers job vacancies in all comapanies....

alwayz keep in touch with this link....

best of luck
31st July 2010, 04:58 PM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi friend
for knowing the detail regarding the placemets and the vaccencies in the different companies please visit the following site
www.freshersworld.com
31st July 2010, 08:31 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Some companies come to the campus while some you can apply offline. To get into a core company try to make your basics in your branch very strong. Thats the formula

There are so many core companies in India like

Tata
Larsen and Toubro
BHEL
Mahindra

and many more...

So best of luck
31st July 2010, 10:31 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

As far as placement in core companies after BE is concerned you can definitely go for it. some colleges provide on campus recruitment in these companies.
Otherwise you have to apply for them separately according to their advertisement.
Some of them are
BHEL
HINDALCO
TATA
BPCL
BEL
etc.
You can apply as per the vaccancy
Best wishes!
31st July 2010, 10:41 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
There are many. Some of them are:
Infosys
wipro
IBM
TCS
31st July 2010, 11:28 PM
ndilip

hi one and all.......lemme have a best suggestions from guys.....I completed my B.Tech, ofcourse not fully completed still having 2 backlogs even after my final year.Im in dilemma presently.......actually im having best job offers now.but in this case i can't able to go for any job who asks for pass-certificate.So till I get completion of my backlogs I want some job to do.So you tell me guys......may I go for job now or any other higher studies????
31st July 2010, 11:43 PM
s.k.singh

dear friend, first you should mention your department so that i could give you some right suggestion.
Actually there are two selection procedure followed by core companies, first one is on-campussing & off-campussing.
& there are so many core companies available in India, you can apply any one of them.
some list of companies are as follows-
NTPC
GAIL
BHEL
SAIL
Hindustan Motors
Bhushan steel
tata steel
Mahindra & Mahindra
Zindal

kindly visit their official website for eligibility criteria.
All the best.
1st August 2010, 12:23 AM
trupti_9227

hello,
Some companies come to the campus while some you can apply offline. To get into a core company try to make your basics in your branch very strong. Thats the formula

Tata
Larsen and Toubro
BHEL
Mahindra

and many more...

So best of luck
1st August 2010, 04:44 AM
sanjusays

Generally core companies do offer a good package....Moreover if you can demonstrate your skills to the employer there is no reason why the employer cant offer you a good salary....If still you dont get a good package in campus recruitment you can take up the job and try for off campus job opportunities....But be careful in this...If you take up a job stick to it for atleast 1 year else other employer might have a -ve impact about you and might refrain from taking you in even if you are suitable for the job....
1st August 2010, 11:52 AM
rajanivedha

hi
your cpga is really nice and good....there are quite a lot of good companies like L&T, ITC, RELIANCE MOTORS AND ALLIED WITH RELIANCE, LMW, ALSTOM ......
1st August 2010, 01:30 PM
August
Senior Member+

DEAR friend

as your cgpa is very good so u can go for any core company .here is a list of companies where u can apply

1.SAIL

2.BHEL

3.NTPC

4.NHPC

5.TATA MOTORS

6.TCL

7.RILANCE POWER

8.JINDAL STEEL AND POWER

9.JAYPEE GROUP

10.DLF

and there are many more companies are there u can go for them as well.

best of luck.
1st August 2010, 02:55 PM
satish shrivastav

Hi
there are lot of companies which conduct campus interview for the freshers companies like infosis,tata,relience, wipro and other conduct this in various colleges
for appearing this interview you have good academi record of all years
best of luck
19th August 2010, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

can anybody tell me what are the PSUs that allows production engineering.
20th August 2010, 03:25 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

first of all congrats, for your result throughout the graduation..

there are lots of core companies, where u can get placed..

for getting in these core company they conduct their own entrance exam.

so u have to appear in this type of exam...

the core companies are like ,

1. TATA MOTORS

2. NTPC

3.BHEL

4. JINDAL STEEL

5.JPYEE GROUP

6. DLF

etc..

all the best..
22nd August 2010, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

hi, sir i am a final year student of ECE. and i am interested in robotics. what should i do to get placed in robotic field. what are the various companies for it. and is there any value added course required for this???
2nd September 2010, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,i am a final year sstudent of ECE.and i m interested to get placed in any core company of electronics which are giving offcampus placement.can u tell me pls some companies like dis....
4th September 2010, 02:12 PM
meeria

Dear friend,
you can apply offline to your choices company.and you can register you name
with c.v on bellow website:
www.naukri.com to get job offered from different type of companys

Tata
Larsen and Toubro
BHEL
Mahindra
have a good day.
26th September 2010, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

hi i am praveen i in doing my final year eee but i have one arrear in my first and i completed that .now iam having the cgpa of 70%.can i place in core company
30th September 2010, 11:38 AM

sir,
i have done my B.TECH in EEE , with 65%. So can you please send me the core companies .................................................
6th October 2010, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of 4th year mechanical branch. please suggest me to join in govt. secctor companies, name and requirement
17th October 2010, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

I pass B.TECH at 2010 with 6.41 cgpa. My department is ECE . please suggest me to join in govt. secctor companies, name and requirement .
27th October 2010, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

i am depressed as i attended and not even crossed the first round in the interview.... help me......
2nd November 2010, 06:50 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am depressed as i attended and not even crossed the first round in the interview.... help me......
First see that "Failures are the way to success"
There is no any individual who has ever succeeded without any failure in his life.
So you need not to be depressed and learn the lesson from it that why you not succeeded in it.
What are the drawbacks.
Try to overcome them
Instead you should think that you can get much better opportunities next.
if you not succeeded this time evrything has not finished.
you should come out of depression and think positively.
There are cases when very talented persons cannot give out there best it doesnot mean that they cannot succeed.
these only few incidnts which happen in our life.
lear lesson nd don't be depressed
14th November 2010, 03:57 AM
Gaurav.jain88

If you specify your branch then it will be better to guide you.
Anyway as your acedemic is very good you will receive call from companies for that you have to register on job sites like naukri, monster, timesjob and regular watch current vacencies in you field.
You also send your resume to official job id of company by searching that from their site.
4th December 2010, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

hi m final year ece student and m really interested in core field ............till 6th sem my cgpa ic 83%...........suggest me wat to for getting into core companies
18th December 2010, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

i am studying BE ( electronics communication engineering ) HOW HO PLACE IN GOOD CORE COMPANY
30th December 2010, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

i am studying BE (electronic communication engineering) IN WHAT COMPANY SHALL I BE PLACED
14th January 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

i have done be EEE with 64% suggest me the core companies
15th January 2011, 10:01 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed?

Quote:
Dear friend,
I will give you some the name of some core companies which are related to the CSE and IT field...
IBM
WIPRO
INFOSYS
TCS
CTS
ACCENTURE
SATYAM
Yahoo
Dell
HCL
and so on...
25th January 2011, 08:54 PM
vajay15

sir i am doing my final year(eee) and i am into my final semester and ihave 63%.. do i have a chance of entering into the core field and am i elligible and can u guide with some tips for getting placed
26th January 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

how can i place in vlsi companies such as synopsis
12th February 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of persuing B.tech with Mechanical Engg. and my CGPA is 7.34. As a Mechanical Engineer I want to join in core sector, can you help me to say how I able to give them my resume or how can I make contact with them?
17th February 2011, 09:50 PM
smruti prasad das

hiiiiiiiiii
after ur b.e u will placed in different core sector through written and p.i. test.the companies are
mahindra and mahindra
Yahoo
Dell
HCL
jindal
sr steel
l and t
bijai electricals
coal india ltd etc
18th February 2011, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

i am doing eee my 10th % is 64% and inter is 58% and btech overall % is 65 can i get job in accenture,cognizant, infosys etc
13th March 2011, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

SIR OR MAM, I AM AJEET SARKAR PURSUING MY B.E FROM E.C.E BRANCH. CURRENTLY I AM IN 3RD YEAR.I WANT TO KNOW THAT WHAT WE HAVE TO DO TOGET A GOVERNMENT JOB. IS TRIANING TOOK IMPORTANT ROLE IN OR NOT.
14th March 2011, 10:17 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing eee my 10th % is 64% and inter is 58% and btech overall % is 65 can i get job in accenture,cognizant, infosys etc
hello friend...

Am sorry, Accenture, Cognizant, Infosys and some of the top MNC companies have their eligibility criteria as 60 % in 10th, 12th and UG degree.. so as you have 58 % in 12th am afraid you are not eligible to attend... but you dont have to worry because there are many small companies which take students based on their performance and not with marks, as you are in EEE stream you can do some good live projects in the final year to showcase it for your placements, first get in some good small companies, gain some experience and then jump into big MNC's like Accenture, Infosys etc... am sure you are going to shine in future...

All the Best...
14th March 2011, 10:33 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hiii,

After clearing / pass the entrance exam you can get placement in below mentioned core companies / industries: -

1. BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.)
2. State Electricity Board
3. PGCIL (Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.)
4. NALCO (National Aluminimum Company)
5. NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation)
6. IOCL (Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.)
7. HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.)
8. ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation)
9. SAIL (Steel Authority of India Ltd.)
10. BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.)
etc.

All the Best
14th March 2011, 05:35 PM
Niklesh92

Hey some of the core companies are
L&T
ASHOK LEYLAND
KLA TENCORE
NTPC
BHEL
BEL
NHPC
VEDANTA
one way to get placed is to go through on campus or off-campus
and the other way is to write entrance exam..as far as im concerned the first one s better..
19th March 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

hello, i'm saranya from chennai doing B.E. eee 3rd year. I scored 79.6% in 10th(CBSE) , in 12th 80.5%(state board) currently i have 75% upto previous semester and i want to be placed in core company, should i do any course like embedded systems and whether my percentage is enough? how to approach core companies?
20th March 2011, 11:45 PM
Abhinav1990

Quote:
well u have agood marks...there r cetain core companies 4 specified trade...u can google and find the company of ur trade
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?