11th August 2011, 10:29 PM
put007

What kind of books to be referred or PSU entrance exam? How to prepare for it?

Sir,I am a student of Mechanical engineering and interested to write PSU exam .what kind of books should i referred , what kind of questions will they ask and what kind of preparation have to be done before entering the PSU exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Books to be referred for PSU exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to prepare for PSU exam after passing B.Tech Mechanical? Books to be referred for PSU examination?
  3. How to prepare for PSU exam and Petroleum Refineries? Books to be referred for PSU exam preparation?
  4. How to prepare for PSU? Books to be referred? What is the syllabus for the exam?
  5. Date of PSU exam? How to prepare for it? Which books to be referred?
  6. Information about PSU entrance exam? Books to be referred?
  7. Syllabus and books to be referred for PSU entrance exam?
  8. Correct method to prepare for PSU exam? Books to be referred for it?
  9. How to prepare for GK for PSU? Books to be referred for technical part and GK?
  10. Which Books to refer for Entrance Exam for Criminology course? How to prepare for the Entrance Exam? What kind of Questions will be asked in the Entrance Exam?
  11. How many PSU's are there? Date of sale of the application forms? Which books are to be referred?
  12. What is the syllabus of PSU for electrical engineering? Which books are to be referred to crack the PSU exam?
  13. How to crack the PSU exams? Which books are to be referred?
  14. How can I prepare to crack PSU recruitment exams being an Electrical Engineer? Suitable books for preparation? -- [New]
  15. How to prepare for PSU exam while studying B.Tech in IT? Books to be referred and previous years solved question papers?
  16. How to prepare for PSU exam? Best books for PSU exam?
  17. Syllabus of PSU for EEE? Books to be referred?
  18. How to start preparation for PSU exams like BEL, SAIL, NTPC? Books to be referred?
12th August 2011, 01:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of books to be referred or PSU entrance exam? How to prepare for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by put007 View Post
Sir,I am a student of Mechanical engineering and interested to write PSU exam .what kind of books should i referred , what kind of questions will they ask and what kind of preparation have to be done before entering the PSU exam.
dear friend,

list of PSU books are given below:-

NTPC: Electrical Engineering: Executive Trainees Recruitment Exam.
Author : G.K. Publisher
Edition : 2010
List Price : 540 INR
ISBN : 8183550916

ISRO: Recruitment Entrance Test fof Scientist/Engineers in Electronics
Author : Satya Prakashan
Edition : 2010-11
List Price : 475 INR
ISBN : 8176845752

NTPC
List Price : 540.00 INR
ISBN : 8183550908

NTPC
List Price : 595.00 INR
ISBN : 9788183552066

thanks
12th August 2011, 05:24 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of books to be referred or PSU entrance exam? How to prepare for it?

hi..some of the points regarding the public sector written exams are as follows:
1.first of all the psu does not give questions which test the problem solving ability of the students but rather they test the understanding of the student in the subject hence the questions which they will ask will be of the thoretical type and on the basics
2.also there is one part consisting of the aptitude and general questions this paper is also very important because it covers the fifty percent of the marks
3.for the preperation of the psu the materials of the various coaching academy like the made easy and the ace academy would be enough to get you through if your basics in the subject are strong
there is an opening right now in various psu like the bhel,sail and ongc i am attching there notifications you can read them and do as guided
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Advt%20GT%202011.pdf(3.79 MB, 108 views)
File Type: pdf bhel.pdf(73.6 KB, 129 views)
File Type: pdf GET-Advt_2011.pdf(182.3 KB, 122 views)
File Type: pdf SAIL Management Trainee - Full Advertisement.pdf(92.4 KB, 112 views)
9th September 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Dear Friend, I have completed my MBA in Finance. Pls suggest the competitive books to crack entrance exam of PSU
9th September 2011, 06:27 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To crack the PSU exams you must be good in technical knowledge...

For that you have to study throughly the following books..

Enginnering Thermodynamics: PK Nag
IC Engine: ML Mathur and RP Sharma
Gas Turbine and Propulsive Systems: PR Khajuria & SP Dubey
Fluid Mechanics: Modi & Seth, RK Bansal
Compressible Flow: SM Yahya
Heat and Mass Transfer: JP Hollman, RC Sachdeva
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning: CP Arora, Domkundwar
Fluid Machinery: Jagdish Lal, RK Bansal
Theory of Machines: RS Khurmi, Malik & Ghosh
Mechanical Vibration: Grover
Machine Design: Shigley, VB Bhandari
Material Science: WD Callister, IP Singh
Production Engineering: Kalpkjian Schmid, Amitabh Ghosh & AK Malik
Industrial Engineering: O P Khanna, Buffa & Sarin
Operations Research: Kanti Swarup
Strength of Materials: Gere & Timoshenko, BC unamia, Sadhu Singh

These are the best reference books..
beside this you have to also solve the previous year question papers of that PSU..
which will give you an idea about the exam pattern....
So, do lots of practice to solve the questions..
All the best..
All the best..
10th September 2011, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope of job for m.tech turbo machine student both in private and psu?
19th December 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

CAN IT engineer apply for PSU exams?
3rd March 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Which books to refer for preparing for PGCET entrance exam for pursuing M.Tech? I have completed B.E in Electronics and Communication branch with 65% aggregate...can you pleasr suggest me which branch to opt for M.Tech? Its a humble request...my mail id is [email protected]..
18th June 2012, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum aggregate required for a btech student to get a job in Ntpc
19th July 2013, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

What kind off books to be referred for NTPC exam in finance
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?