15th August 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of chemical engineering?

Sir i am doing b.tech 2nd year & my branch is chemical engg frm iet lucknow i worry about scope of jobs , placement ,growth in salary , my percentage is 76% ,should i change branch into electrical, or computer science, pls help

Related Questions:
  1. Benefits and scope of Chemical Engineering Diploma course for female candidate?
  2. Any scope of chemical engineering in India? What is the salary of fresh chemical engineer?
  3. Is there any scope in Chemical Engineering? What is the monthly income? Future of computer and electronics engineering?
  4. Can I do Chemical Engineering from Banasthali University Rajasthan after 12th? Scope of Chemical Engineering?
  5. Is there any scope in Chemical Engineering in India? Monthly salary after Chemical Engineering? Best company for chemical engineering? Future of Computer and Electronics Engineering?
  6. Where should I look for chemical engineering jobs? I have passed B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
  7. Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?
  8. What is the scope of chemical engineering in future? Which are the companies offering chemical engineering?
  9. What is the scope of Chemical Engineering course in India?
  10. What is the scope of chemical engineering in pharmaceutical
  11. What is the scope of chemical engineering? What is the minimum salary? List of the chemical companies in India?
  12. Which are the PSU companies who recruit Chemical Engineering Students and pay more than 5 Lakh per annum? Scope of Chemical Engineering in India for a B.Tech Chemical Engineering Student?
  13. Is chemical engineering good? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is there any good scope for chemical engineering?
  15. What is the scope of chemical engineering? Will I get a job after doing diploma in chemical engineering? -- [New]
  16. Scope of B.Tech Chemical Engineering? Salaries offered through the course? Will there be any scholarships to pursue M.Tech?
  17. Scope of Chemical Engineers? List of colleges offering PG in Chemical Engineering?
  18. Which engineering course is better between Civil and Chemical? What are the career opportunities? Is it true that Chemical Engineering has scope only in South India?
19th August 2011, 06:47 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the scope of chemical engineering?

hello friend,
there is no need to shift for any other branch.

chemical engineering had a vast scope:

Since in India now there is thrust to improve living style of the population and

chemical engineering has a vital role to play through big industries, where the

requirement of chemical engineers bound to increase.

Chemical Engineers are in demand at mineral-based industries, petrochemical

plants, synthetic fiber units, petroleum refining plants, chemical industries,

refineries, pharmaceutical companies, paints manufacturers, fertilizer

industry, textiles sector, plastics, and explosives.

all the best . Be confident, the success will be yours.
19th August 2011, 07:38 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Chemical Engineering is one of the engineering branch about which students do not have much idea .Students thinks that chemical engineering do have much jobs in comparison to other streams like IT,CSE,EE,ECE but this is not true at all .Well to be true this is one of the safest streams which do not have any effect of recession where as this is not true for other streams.The chemical engineers will always be in demand and you don't have to worry about jobs .Just keep concentrating on your studies and you will get a good jobs.

You can get a high package of salary after completing your chemical engineering in the following fields ::

Paints and Dyes
Recycling metals
Glass and plastics
Cosmetics
Mineral based industries
Prevention and control of environmental hazards
Petroleum refining
Fertilizer Technology
Processing of food and agricultural products

Companies where u can apply for these jobs are ::

Asian paints
Bharat Petroleum
ONGC
IOCL

Petroleum is one of the best area of high earning jobs for the chemical engineers .

Best colleges to pursue this course are :

Some of the best colleges to pursue Chemical Engineering are:

Bapatla Engineering College, Andra Pradesh
Dr. S. George Institute of Engineering, Andra Pradesh
Loyola Academy, Andra Pradesh
IIT Delhi and IIT Guwahati
Assam Engineering College, Assam
LD College of Engineering, Gujarat
Nirma Institute of Technology, Gujarat
BITS Pilani
Trichur Engineering College, Kerala
19th August 2011, 08:12 PM
sarang27

hey yar dont worry chemical engineers is an good branch and if ur score remains constant u will surely get a good job and a bright future just keep one thing in mind by getting percentage as well as good knowlege makes ur carrier a success.
GO BEHIND EXCELLENCE SUCCESS WILL COME BACK KNOCKING YOUR DOOR.
24th July 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Why chemical department have low recruiment in assam especialy in asam engineering college?wil it improve in future?
19th October 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

I AM A CHEMICAL ENGINEER. I DO A JOB IN INDUSTRIES. CAN ANY BODY GIVE BRIEF DISCRIPTION WHICH AREA IN PLANT OR INDUSTRIES FOR DO JOB. JUST LIKE PRODUCITON, TECHNICAL ETC. PLEASE GIVE IN BRIEF.
28th June 2013, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

WHICH BRANCH IS MORE PREFERABLE IN IIT BHU CHEMICAL,IIT GUWAHATI CHEMICAL,OR NEW IIT'S CORE BRANCHES?
29th June 2013, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

WHICH WILL BE BETTER?
1.TOP BRANCHES LIKE CSE,EE,ME IN NEW IITS OR
2.CHEMICAL IN BHU
27th November 2013, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

sir, my collage is ujjain engineering collage, ujjain(m.p.), that good colleg for graduation from chemical branch?
4th May 2014, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

Sir I completed my college now I have decided to do b tech and i am preferring chemical engenering I have fought because so say that chemical is good but some say that it very risky to do that because less job oppurtunity and tough subject to cope up with so now I am in dalima what to do where to take or take cse, ee , mechanical, ece ;
30th June 2014, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;4376157]Sir I completed my college now I have decided to do b tech and i am preferring chemical engenering I have fought because so say that chemical is good but some say that it very risky to do that because less job oppurtunity
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?