15th August 2011, 07:49 PM
Karan rana211993

Procedure to be followed to become an IPS officer after graduation?

Hey, I'm vikram .am diploma 1st year student of mechanical engineer Sliet .i want to become an ips officer after graduation. Tell me the way which have to follow . Also general view and syllabus and tips to follow.

16th August 2011, 07:46 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to be followed to become an IPS officer after graduation?

After diploma you will need to join for the bachelors level course. Only after completing bachelors course you will be eligible for the civil service exam. You must now start preparing for the general knowledge section. It requires vast reading including newspapers, journals etc. Once you join for the bachelors course along with updating yourself on the current affairs you must start preparing for the other areas of the CSAT level. In the final year of graduation start preparing for the main exam too.
16th August 2011, 07:50 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan rana211993 View Post
Hey, I'm vikram .am diploma 1st year student of mechanical engineer Sliet .i want to become an ips officer after graduation. Tell me the way which have to follow . Also general view and syllabus and tips to follow.
If your aim is to become IPS Officer in future then you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination and this examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.

>> Because Graduation is the Minimum Eligiblity to apply for UPSC Civil services examination. But for this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years and Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC and other reserved category candidates.

>> The examination was Held in 2 stages Preliminary examination and Main examination, Firstly You have to clear the Preliminary examination and Then you are eligible to sit in Main examination.

The Preliminary examination are also Called CSAT (Civil services aptitude Test). The UPSC Changed the Preliminary examination Pattern and Now there are 2 Papers in this examination, Both are of Same marks of 200 with same duration.

>> General candidates Will gets Only 4 Attempts in this examination.

The Notification was Published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC official website in the month of February, So After Graduation candidates are eligible for This examination.

Pattern of UPSC Civil Services Examination -

16th August 2011, 10:22 PM
manig90

Thumbs up Re: Procedure to be followed to become an IPS officer after graduation?

Good and fine...you can appear in UPSC exam after completing your degree...
I wish you a good success to become an IPS officer...

To get into the IPS, you will have to give the "UPSC held Civil Services Examination". It is a common exam for getting into the IAS, IPS etc.

***Apply for the "Civil Services Exam"?
The Application Procedure for the Civil Services Examination is pretty simple. The "Application Form" and "Information Brochure" can be obtained from the "Head Post Offices or Post Offices" throughout the country.

***what is the eligibility criteria?

a.) Academic Eligibility
The candidate must possess a degree from an Indian University or an educational institution deemed as a University or possess an equivalent qualification. Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination.

b.) Other Eligibility Conditions

For appearing in the IAS and the IPS exams , the candidate must be a citizen of India .

***When is the examination usually conducted?

The notification for the examination (giving the rules and syllabus for all the subjects in the examination) is published in the month of December every year in the 'Employment News' and 'Gazette of India ', as well as, in some leading Newspapers.You should try to get a copy of this notification. The "Preliminary Examination" is usually held in May / June and the "Main Examination" in October / November of the same calendar year.

***Pattern or Format of Civil Service Exam!

In the month of May or June there are the "Preliminary examinations". Now, in this examination, there are two papers. The papers are on:

1. General Studies (150 marks)
2. Some optional subject (300 marks)

This exam is just to get you to the next round of the "main exam". This is just to short list candidates.

**General Studies Paper….

General Studies paper consists of questions on:

1. Indian Polity & Economy
2. History of India including Indian National Movement
3. Indian and World Geography
4. Current Affairs of National and International Importance
5. General and day-to-day Science
6. Mental Ability and Basics of Statistics etc.

Questions on planning, budgeting, developmental programs, latest issues of political and constitutional importance, panchayati raj, electoral reforms, natural resources, culture, growth of nationalism, Committees, Commission etc can be expected every year. Now-a-days, there is a lot of emphasis on "current affairs" in the general studies paper!

**In optional subject paper you have to give a paper on a subject of your choice based on your qualification of degree program you have choosen...

Now after you have given the preliminary exam, wait for the result and see if you got selected for the "Main Examination"!
The results generally come out by July or August...
All the best...
7th October 2011, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

whether we should go to the coaching class or we can study by ourself
23rd October 2011, 06:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan rana211993 View Post
Dear friend,

Diploma student are not eligible for IPS exam.After graduation you are eligible for this post.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.
2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.
a) General studies -----150 marks
b)From Optional subject -------300 marks
3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam
4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.

EXAM DATE:-

Notification Date - 04/02/2012
Last date of application - 05/03/2012
Preliminary examination - 20/05/2012.
15th December 2011, 04:26 AM
Unregistered

HI am Shobhit,

I am an Software Engineer & of age 24 May i know the procedure of Joining the IPS academy and also if i am eligible.
Please suggest me what need to be care and how to start the preparation. I completed my B.Tech (IT) in year 2009. Also i am from the general cast so how many attempts i can have ???? also please pass me any good coaching institute address in noida/ delhi where i can join the week end batch.........

Please pass me more details and your valuable suggestions on [email protected].

Thanks in Advance.
15th January 2012, 08:36 PM
abhisek.sonu

After diploma you will need to join for the bachelors level course. Only after completing bachelors course you will be eligible for the civil service exam. You must now start preparing for the general knowledge section. It requires vast reading including newspapers, journals etc. Once you join for the bachelors course along with updating yourself on the current affairs you must start preparing for the other areas of the CSAT level. In the final year of graduation start preparing for the main exam too.
4th February 2012, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

I compltd my ba englsh hons nw wat shud be my 1st step in the legue?
3rd September 2012, 06:40 AM
smsureshma
Member+

hi friend

To becom an IPS you have to appear in the CIVIL
SERVICES EXAM and get selected in that with a good rank
and then only you will be allowed to be an INDIAN
POLICE OFFICER.
To prepare for the CIVIL SERVICES EXAM there are a lot of
reference Books available in the market so you should
buy one.
Or you can also go for the coaching institutes which will
provide you adequate material regarding the IAS exam.
Eligibility Criteria :-
The minimum qualification required for appearing the
competitive examination is Graduation.
If you are so interested for IAS,after being Engineers,
Doctors, or Ph.d you can sit IAS exam conducted by
UPSC.
Application forms will come out in the month of January.
According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam
1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks
2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

GOOD LUCK.
17th December 2012, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Hi,,,i m 22 years of age n i hv completed my Graduation with English major,,,so now m i qualified for IPS,IAS exams or UPSC??if then please give me some tips about how i should go for it n prpare
4th February 2013, 08:52 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer, one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the aspiring candidate for IPS should have possessed minimum Physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT should be 165cm for General/OBC Male and 150cm for Female and for SC/ST Male it should be 160xcm and Female145cm.

CHEST should be 84cm for Male and For Female it should be 79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th February 2013, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir my name is Ashish Singh
i m under graduation ( B.com 1st year) . please tell me the step for becoming an IPS or IAS . also tell for the SI officer
my e mail id is ( [email protected])
thnx in advance
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?