17th August 2011, 03:38 PM
rekhashetty17

What course(MA, MBA in journalism) should I opt for getting a well paid job after my BMM degree? I am married woman, having two kids. I want to be a reporter

I am married with 2 kids n I am earning lesser I did my BMM this year I want to earn a good income so what should I do next I m little bit afraid of the camera as I want to be a reporter I m thinking of doing MA or MBA in journalism would that make me earn better I m totally confused

19th September 2016, 11:15 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What course(MA, MBA in journalism) should I opt for getting a well paid job after my BMM degree? I am married woman, having two kids. I want to be a reporter

After completion of your BMM, You can pursue master's in journalism for higher earn & more job security. With master's in journalism, You will have advanced skills & more chances to get well reputed job. You will require to qualify the entrance exam for admission.

Top Colleges Offering Master's In Journalism
- Xavier Institute of Communication , Mumbai
- Asian College of Journalism , Chennai
- Manipal School of Communication , Manipal
- Times School of Journalism , New Delhi
- Manorama School of Communication , Kottayam
- Indian Institute of Journalism & News Media , Bangalore
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication , Pune

Career Prospects
After completion of your master's in journalism, You could earn Rs.15,000/- to Rs.25,000/- as a starting salary depending on your skills. It will rise as you gain experience & improve your performance. You could get jobs in following employment fields.

Employment Sectors
- News Agencies
- Legal Affairs Department
- All India Radio
- Advertising Agencies
- Books & Novels
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?