26th August 2011, 04:52 AM
nifiraja

Is MS equivalent to Ph.D in India? I have done my M.E from India

I've my ME (Masters in Engineering) from India. I'm here as dependent in US. I'm in a plan to do MS in US or do Phd in India after going back.

Is doing MS is equivalent to Phd in India ?

I'm planning to work here for a while & when I go back, I want to be a Professor. Pl guide me here...

Related Questions:
  1. Total expenses and course duration of PhD in India?
  2. Is part time Phd is valuable and equivalent to regular PhD? Is there any special benefits and scholarships? various entrance exams in india for getting fellowships or scholarships?
  3. Can I pursue Ph.D in India after masters in UK? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How can I do PHD after PG Diploma in Journalism? List of institutes offering this course in India?
  5. List of institutes which offer PhD in Pharmacology and Phytochemistry in India?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria followed to do Ph.D in India and abroad?
  7. Eligibility criteria for Ph.D in both India and abroad through CSIR and GATE?
  8. Average time required to complete PhD in India?
  9. PhD degree is equivalent to research experience?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  11. Eligibility and criteria to apply for PhD in India or Abroad?
  12. Can I be eligible for Ph.D in India after doing B.Tech in India and masters in UK in ECE? Minimum qualifications to apply for Ph.D?
  13. How can I do PhD in Dentistry after completing BDS in India? List of universities which offer PhD in Dentistry in India?
  14. How can I study PhD in India if Teaching in Qatar?
  15. Where are distance education PhD(Chemistry) courses present in India?
  16. Research centres in India and criteria for enrollment in PhD?
  17. Requirements to study PhD in India for Master of Physiotherapy student of Australia? -- [New]
  18. Colleges and universities which offer PhD course?
13th February 2016, 12:22 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is MS equivalent to Ph.D in India? I have done my M.E from India

No MS in US is not equivalent to PhD in India.
Both of these courses are two completely different courses. You can become a professor after pursing the course of PhD in India itself so you do not need any more degree to become a Professor.
It is up to you to decide what you want to pursue. Since you already have a Master Degree it is beneficial to pursue the course of PhD in India for your future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?