26th August 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Which stream of MBA will be more beneficial for a person with Civil Engineering background?

I am a civil engg graduate working in PSU and my work experience mainly related to construction project management. I m looking for a changeover; most likely into the private sector.For that I want to acquire MBA from IGNOU.But I am clueless about the choice of Stream i.e HR,Financial Management,Operation Management&Marketing?
Please advice me.
B Goswami
[email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Which MBA stream to choose after Civil Engineering? Is there anything called MBA in Civil?
  2. Is it beneficial to do MBA through correspondence? Does it have scope? Which stream to choose in MBA Correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Scope of PG in construction management for females? Which course is beneficial for females, PG construction management or M.Tech in any other Civil engineering stream?
  4. Which MBA stream is beneficial for me after completing BSc IT? I am pursuing MBA
  5. Which stream in MBA is suitable for candidate having computers background? -- [New]
  6. Distance MBA Stream for Civil Engineer
  7. Is it beneficial to study MBA in Abroad for B.Com graduate? Best stream to study in MBA?
  8. Is MBA in Port and Shipping a good course for commerce background students? What are the job opportunities available after completing the course?
  9. Which stream gives a high salary after completing B.Tech Civil Engineering : MBA or M.Tech?
  10. Which line is the best for me to get best package?
  11. How to d MBA after completing B.Tech in civil engineering
  12. Which specialization in MBA will be beneficial for me being a candidate of final year B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Will it be beneficial for me to do MBA after doing English Hons after 12th science?
  14. Does a degree student of any stream can pursue MBA programme?
  15. MBA after B.Com or M.Com, which is beneficial?
  16. How is MBA Finance beneficial for me after BSc Economics?
  17. What stream should i choose in MBA after my graduation in Civil and Water management engineering?
  18. What should I do to get a job after doing 12th with non medical
18th October 2011, 07:51 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream of MBA will be more beneficial for a person with Civil Engineering background?

It’s a good decision to pursue MBA after your B.Tech. It will definitely enhance your job opportunities. You can choose from any of the above mentioned streams. You should only choose a stream which interests you the most. Since you are a B.tech graduate, you can opt for the finance or Operations Management according to your interest.
26th November 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which stream of MBA will be more beneficial for a person with Civil Engineering background?

Sir, My first son who is studying FOOD PROCESSING ENGINEERING 3 rd year in SRM university at chennai and my second son who is studying DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING 1 st year, could you please suggest me that what will do for both of them and which will course be selected for good and bright future. your valuable advice would be appreciated. Thank you

mail address. [email protected]
27th November 2012, 12:44 AM
utsav9
Member+

Hi,
It really doesn't matter which stream you are having in your B.Tech degree.If u want to go for MBA, then it's totally upto you which field you will choose in MBA.You should go for that particular field in which you are more interested.There is no relation between your B.tech stream and MBA.
Thank you..
27th November 2012, 08:17 AM
nvihar

HI,

These are following stream of MBA will be more beneficial for a person with Civil Engineering background-----------------------------

1.Marketing Management
2.IT Management
3.Operations Management
4.Supply Chain Management
5.International Business Management
6.Finance Management
7.Human Resource Management.

Hope It Helps!
Good luck......
23rd December 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Is MBA in Project Management beneficial to a graduate Civil Engineer with 16 years experience, for his future career?
4th March 2013, 05:42 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

I am an Mep engineer working in construction feild since last 8 yrs & planning to study MBA My age is 32 .Plz guide as to which specialization can give me more scope & also whether i am over aged for this.
22nd June 2013, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

is drawing is more important for studying civil engineering?what are the skills for that?
14th August 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I m in my final year of B.E. civil engineering?i want to do my masters degree outside of india.so which country and which course is best for me?Ms from usa or MBA from uk?for ms or mba in which branch i should go?i do not want to work on site.i want some officework type job or want to start my own business.pls help me and reply me as fast as possible.my emailid is [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?