28th August 2011, 10:24 AM
suraj kumar b bandi

Job Opportunities for Engineering students in Indian Navy and Air Force?

i want to know the job opportunities for an engineering student in Indian navy,air force.

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities for IT students in Air Force? I am interested to do a job in Air Force
  2. Job Opportunities for the candidates B.Sc in Computer Science in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force?
  3. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  4. Procedure to join as Engineer in Indian Air Force? Job Opportunities in Indian Air Force?
  5. Job Opportunities in Indian Navy, Army and Air Force after the completion of B.Sc in Computer Science with 55%?
  6. Can I get job in Indian Air force or Indian navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What are the jobs in Indian Navy or Air Force?
  8. What are the job opportunities for Diploma in Medical Electronics students?
  9. What is the career scope for me in IAF after completion of BCA course?
  10. What is the qualification required for CDS?
  11. What are the career opportunities in Indian Navy
  12. What is the role of Pharmacist in Indian Air Force? Scope for Pharmacy candidates in Air Force, Navy and Army? How can I join Navy, Army or Air Force being a Graduate in Pharmacy?
  13. After completing my diploma in electronics and communication what can I do?
  14. How to join Indian Army after completing BSc Electronics? What are the job opportunities in Navy and Air Force? What is the procedure of admission?
  15. Opportunities for diploma students in Indian Navy?
  16. Is it possible for me to get a job in Army or Air Force after completion of diploma in Electrical engineering?
  17. How to join Indian Army as a Pharmacist with 81.2% in Diploma(Pharmacy) and 57.5% in 12th Science? Opportunities in Indian Navy and Indian Air Force? -- [New]
  18. Career in Indian Navy after completing engineering?
28th August 2011, 03:59 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Job Opportunities for Engineering students in Indian Navy and Air Force?

dear friend

in defense there are many jobs specially meant for engineers .
these are technical jobs for students of different branches.

there are many exams to join Indian army or AIF like

UES

EKT

etc

after that you will be called for SSB.

all the best.
28th August 2011, 05:38 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Default Re: Job Opportunities for Engineering students in Indian Navy and Air Force?

Dear friend,
I am giving you the details of Navy and Air force after Engineering.
For Navy::::::::::::::

Eligibility Criteria:
Age : Between 19 and 1/2 to 25 years (between 02 January 1985 to 01 July 1990; both dates inclusive)

Educational Qualifications :A B.tech/BE Degree;with 60% or above marks in any discipline including civil engineering/ B. Arch./
Graduate degree with Post graduate Diploma/ Degree in Material Management/ ICWA/ CA

Physical Standards : Height and Weight : Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight.

For Air Force::::::::::

Age: 18 to 28 years (At the time of commencement of training)

Other criterion are same as Navy.

Branches in Btech / BE: Electronics,Tele-communication, Electrical, Electrical Communication, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation, Computer Science & Engineering
28th August 2011, 06:00 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job Opportunities for Engineering students in Indian Navy and Air Force?

dear friend,
You want to get a job in Indian Navy or Air force after completion of bachelor degree in engineering field, then you can go for it..
For that you have to appear in exams like-
CDSE(Combined defense service exam)
UES(university entry scheme)
EKT(Engineering knowledge test)

Through any of these exams you can apply for Indian navy or Air force in technical field..
If you get qualified in the exam , then they will call you for the SSB..
Which is a 5 days interview.. It consist of GD session, Technical and HR interview, Physical fitness test, Medical test..
After clearing all these steps you will get a chance to join in navy or Air force in the post of lieutenant..
So, go for it..
All the best..
8th September 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

job for b.tech aerospace student in indian navy
19th September 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
my b.tech % is 70 but in 10th 65% and 12th 56% can i apply to indian navy and air force for engineering post
also can i eligible for EKT , UES and CDSE exam's
plz help
plz send me details on my id [email protected]
9th November 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I have completed my graduation with a degree of first class in Bsc I.T from University of Mumbai. Please tell me for which post I can apply in Indian Navy or Indian Air Force. Please send details on Id [email protected] asap.
13th November 2011, 12:07 AM
Manish Kumar Tripathi

UES

EKT
18th November 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

can engg failed student have a job in navy ?
30th January 2012, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying in second year B.Sc which job can apply? contact me on or [email protected]
28th April 2012, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i m prabhudatta dhal my 10th % is 61 and 2 % is 43 and b.tech % is 65% can i appear indian navy or indian airforce give me the details in dis mail
[email protected]
17th June 2012, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

sir....i am anoop, doing ma final year civil engg degree from anna university,..i hav 90% in 10th& 90%in plus two....what are ma job opportunites in indian navy??send details to ma e mail [email protected]
28th June 2012, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed diploma in mechanical engineering recently....i hav 71%in 10th nd 75%in diploma. wcan i appear in indian navy or airforce...or what should i do next??
give me details in this mail
[email protected]
6th August 2012, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed B-tech in electrical branch , my aim is join in navy or air force from my childwood ,i will take a coaching to UES, EKT pleace tell me sir were i will coaching [email protected] thanking sir
7th September 2012, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
sir i have completed B.E.MECHANICAL ENGNEERING branch,i have 70%in B.E,10th &12th ,my child wood aim is join in Indian navy or air force ,can i appear in indian navy or airforce...what the next step i do it sir give me details in this mail
[email protected]
13th October 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, my name is mohit tyagi. I got 63% in tenth and 54% in 10 2. Now i m an engg. Student of ece 2nd year. Is there any job for me plz send it on my website [email protected]
13th October 2012, 08:24 PM
suraj391

Yes , You can apply for the CDS ecam to join INDIAN NAVY

Actually , The exam will conducts by Union Public Service Commission , Two times in Eevery year

For the exam ,

~ The candidates who have completed Grduation can apply for the exam
or
The candidates who are in Final Year of Engineering can apply for the exam

~ The candidate's age should be bewteen 19-22 years , for Navy
~ The candidate's age should be bewteen 19-23 years , for Airforce
~ The candidate's age should be between 19-24 years , for Army
~ The candidate must be a citizen of india

Selection process : -

>> Written xam
>> Interview
>> Medical Test

Exam Syllabus : -

1) General Knowledge - 100 marks
2) General English - 100 marks
3) Elementary Maths - 100 marks

So, you can apply for the CDS exam to join NAVY

Remember , the exam will helds two rimes in every year by UPSC

The Notifications for the exam will releases in the Months of JUNE and NOVEMBER

ALL THE BEST!!
13th October 2012, 09:19 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by suraj kumar b bandi View Post
i want to know the job opportunities for an engineering student in Indian navy,air force.

UES

EKT

etc

after that you will be called for SSB.
13th October 2012, 11:10 PM
sunil attigeri

Smile Re: Job Opportunities for Engineering students in Indian Navy and Air Force?

hi...........

you have got nice opportunities in airforce as well as in navy
in airforce you can join in 3 Branches (flying ,technical,ground duty branch)..
to join these branches you need go through the exams ,combined defense academy exam (cds),AFCAT(air force common entrance exam).provided you are citizen of India.male unmarried.

to join navy...you can cds exam and most the times there will be direct recruitment ..and posts available are navigator, officer in technical branch of navy,even as pilot.

all the best.....
14th October 2012, 04:59 PM
sudha001

Hello Friend ,

You can join AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING BRANCH:
Based on your qualification You would be in charge of some of the most sophisticated equipment in the world by joining one of the sub branches.

General Eligibility for Aeronautical Engineering Branch are (applicable for men and women):

Nationality - Indian.

Age - 18 to 28 years (at the time of commencement of course).

Marital Status - Candidates below the age of 25 years should be unmarried.

Entry into the Technical Branch is through two schemes, both via AFCAT

1.UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME(UES)
For candidates studying in Pre-Final year of B-tech/BE degree course
For men only. Grant of Permanent Commission.
Educational Qualifications: The candidate must be currently studying in Pre-final year of BE / BTech degree course with choice of subject as mentioned above.
There must be No backlog / arrears of papers of previous semesters at the time of SSB Testing.
On completion of degree, minimum 60% of marks in aggregate in all papers put together are mandatory.

2.AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING COURSE
After completion of Engineering degree or while in your final year/semester of Engineering
For both Men and Women. Permanent Commission (for men) / Short Service Commission (For men and women)
Marks - Must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all the papers put together in any one of the qualifications listed.

Final year students are eligible to apply provided they do not have any present backlog at the time of SSB testing and they produce provisional/ original degree issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement.

Educational Qualification for Aeronautical Engineering Branch – Depending upon your stream of Engineering and subjects studied, you could join one of the sub branches of the Technical branch. Check the educational qualification required for the sub branches.

Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics)
Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical)

AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING (ELECTRONICS)|
Eligible if they have undergone any one of the following Educational Qualifications:

Four year degree qualification from a recognised University

OR
Cleared Section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India)

OR
Cleared Section A and B examination of Aeronautical Society of India

OR
Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies
All the candidates should have studied at least eight subjects out of the list of eighteen subjects mentioned below while pursuing any one of the above mentioned qualifications:-
Physics / Engineering Physics.
Mathematics / Engineering Mathematics.
Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing.
Electrical Engineering / Electrical Technology.
Control Engineering.
Microprocessors.
Digital Electronics / Basic Electronics.
Computer Networks.
Information Technology.
Network Theory Design.
Telecommunication Systems.
Electronic Circuit Design.
Radar Theory.
Switching Theory.
Instrumentation.
Microwave Engineering.
Antenna and Wave Propagation.
Electronic Devices.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING (MECHANICAL[/COLOR)

Eligible if they have undergone any one of the following Educational Qualifications:

Four year degree qualification from a recognized university

OR
Cleared Section A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India)

OR
Cleared section A and B examination of Aeronautical Society of India
All the candidates should have studied at least eight subjects out of the eighteen subjects mentioned below while pursuing any one of the above mentioned qualifications:
Physics / Engineering Physics.
Engineering Maths / Mathematics.
Engineering Drawing / Graphics.
Automotive Engineering / Plant Engineering / Industrial Engineering.
Engineering Mechanics / Strength of Material.
Aerodynamics.
Thermodynamics and Applications / Heat Power Engineering.
Heat and Mass Transfer.
Theory of Machines (Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery).
Fluid Mechanics / Turbo Machines.
Flight Mechanics.
Machine Drawing / Machine Design.
Mechatronics.
Material Science / Metallurgy.
Vibrations.
Workshop Technology / Manufacturing Technology / Production Engineering.
Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
Aircraft Structures.

Best Wishes ....
30th October 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

if my agreeiate is below 60% then?
31st October 2012, 06:13 PM
SAM14U

Thumbs up Re: Job Opportunities for Engineering students in Indian Navy and Air Force?

HELLO DEAR

Automotive Engineering / Plant Engineering / Industrial Engineering.

Engineering Mechanics / Strength of Material.

Aerodynamics.

Heat and Mass Transfer.

Fluid Mechanics / Turbo Machines.

Flight Mechanics.

Machine Drawing / Machine Design.

Mechatronics.

Material Science / Metallurgy.

Vibrations.

GOOD LUCK.....................
31st October 2012, 11:10 PM
Srushti Krishna

You can apply for the CDS exam to join NAVY
Remember , the exam will helds two rimes in every year by UPSC
The Notifications for the exam will releases in the Months of JUNE and NOVEMBER

Job Opportunities for Engineering students in Indian Navy and Air Force ; -

Aerodynamics.
Heat and Mass Transfer.
Fluid Mechanics
Flight Mechanics.
Machine Drawing
25th January 2013, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

my age will cross 24 when i compleat my btech ,have any scop for me to join in navy
16th February 2013, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

sir iam in final year now and i have lose my one year due some problem,but iam having degree of 65%,10th 68%.12th 70%.so is there any opportunity for me.please tell me .my email id is [email protected] reply me iam very intrested in airforce.
7th April 2013, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

i am in third year instrumentation engg. i have to join for navy. shall i get job or from which test usually go so that i can join navy please help me.........
8th July 2013, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

for. pilot in air force can B.sc with computer sciene students are eligible?
16th July 2013, 12:33 AM
mamii

HI,

Job Opportunities for Engineering students in Indian Navy and Air Force,

Aerodynamics.
Heat and Mass Transfer.
Fluid Mechanics
Flight Mechanics.
Machine Drawing

Thank you....................
5th December 2014, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

I am completed Bsc. What is opportunity in Indian nave? Please send me detail my I'd
. [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?