15th August 2010, 08:50 AM
surendra210

After btech one should go for Mtech or for Job if financial situation is not too good?

sir,
i am b.tech4th year ,was in a confusion wheather to go with m.tech or go with a job,our financial status was not so good. what is your suggestion sir.
nextly my b.tech percentage was 70% odd and i want to join in power grid for a job please suggest me something.

15th August 2010, 11:27 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: After btech one should go for Mtech or for Job if financial situation is not too good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surendra210 View Post
sir,
i am b.tech4th year ,was in a confusion wheather to go with m.tech or go with a job,our financial status was not so good. what is your suggestion sir.
nextly my b.tech percentage was 70% odd and i want to join in power grid for a job please suggest me something.
you must atleast once try in gate exam. If you get admission in iit or nit, then only do mtech otherwise you can do a job. I am saying this because the job you will get after doing mtech from these colleges will not be found anywhere else. Or if you want to do job only then you can post your resume on
www.monster.com
www.naukri.com
they will find you a better job
15th August 2010, 11:33 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: After btech one should go for Mtech or for Job if financial situation is not too good?

dear friend

if your financial condition is not good then u should go for
job. bcoz experience will give a better job facilities in future.

after job u can also do m.tech later for higher studies.

all the best.
15th August 2010, 12:16 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After btech one should go for Mtech or for Job if financial situation is not too good?

Dear friend
If your current family situation is financially not good then you must go for a job for at least 2-3 years. After then you can go for master degree with good fellowships. MTech is not a degree to be done in hurry. If you think that you should earn for your family, then you should do it first.
It is a general mentality that once we stop our study we find difficulty in continuing it in future. But that's not completely true with mtech because if you would be doing jod you would have the practical knowledge much more and then the research work would become easier to you.
15th August 2010, 12:22 PM
bholag

Dear Friend,
As per me is concern it will be better if you first complete your masters degree from some reputed institute .Or you can also do job ,it is totally dependent upon your interest.
To get admission for M.Tech from good college you have to get good percentile of marks in GATE exam.
It will be better if you join a coaching classes like
you can join GATE forum.
As they provide study materials and
gives easy tricks to solve the papers.
Don’t go for wrong answer as their is negative marking.
15th August 2010, 12:52 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
financial condition doesn't matter for doing M.Tech, because College will provide you the scholarship for your further studies.
If you score 25 marks in GATE then you are eligible for getting scholarship.
don't worry about the financial condition.
just take preparation for GATE exam.

good luck.
15th August 2010, 12:54 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

Since your financial condition is not good as you are saying so it would be better for you to go for some good jobs.

As the percentile in your academic is also good so you will easily get good job. After getting some good experience from companies then you can try for M.Tech because after getting job you are capable to invest own your own in your studies and do M.Tech.

Since Masters have given more priority then a Graduate so after from job you can try for M.Tech. So doing jobs is best option for you.

GOOD LUCK
15th August 2010, 02:05 PM
love_star

Location: 128/939 Y Block, Kidwai Nagar, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Arrow Re: After btech one should go for Mtech or for Job if financial situation is not too good?

If you get a good salary package then I suggest you to take it up. Since you can also do your M.tech after working one or two years. If you are interested in management you should better do MBA from reputed collegd as it more money promising.
15th August 2010, 03:02 PM
ankushnitr

If u have a job and you are in desperate need of it then go for it. It may so happen that if u work hard in your job the company it self will send your sponsored m.tech
15th August 2010, 03:07 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

as you have mentioned that your financial condition is not good so in my opinion you should go for job.

after 2 or 3 years you can do M.TECH.

you can join power grid by passing exam of power grid corporation.

all d best.
15th August 2010, 04:08 PM
nabakranti

In ma opinion go for job now,earn and save money for 4-5 years,after getting experienced do ur m.tech,then u will get good hike since u alredy hav experiance
15th August 2010, 05:37 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

It happens with most of the students coming from middle class or lower middle class family whose financial conditions can't afford higher studies..

But don't worry,you have got nice percentile in your B.Tech..

There are many core companies like the power engineering companies which recruuit many freshers each year..

You have to just look for those companies and their notifications..

At this time to hold your family's financial condition you should engage yourself in a job..

If you have good determination and wish to pursue higher studies you can do so while joining a job..

So go for job,i will suggest you that...

Best of luck!
15th August 2010, 07:00 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Since your financial situation is not good i would recommend you to apply for jobs.

You have not mentioned your stream so i cannot provide you the list of companies where you can get employment opportunities.

Yes, power grid company do recruit engineers you can apply for it.

If you are interested in pursuing higher studies then there are 2 solutions available to you:

you can either sit in & win various scholarship exams or
you can do part time job
15th August 2010, 09:26 PM
rohit_k

dear friend
your b.tech percentage is good but you can not to do job is not conform but you can try for every company and govt setore. and every company to get experience for 2 or three years so you can some chance for jobs....
16th August 2010, 02:01 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I think you should go for job as MTech is pretty costly and since your financial situation is bad you must opt for job now...

Later after 2 years of job experience which you are properly settled then you may apply for GATE or even an MBA'

Think about it and best of luck
16th August 2010, 02:37 AM
Raj333

dear frnd,
u r giving the gate exam,and if u getting the qualifying marks then u may go for mtech.otherwise u r going to job.
best of luck......................
16th August 2010, 02:47 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend

as u have mentioned that ur financial condition is not good, i will suggeste u

to go for a job. first u go for a job after 2 or 3 years u can go for m.tech.

all the best.
16th August 2010, 03:25 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

as you have mention that your finacial situation is not too much good

,so in this matter i would like to suggest that if you are intrested in the

m.tech then crack the gate with good percentile and take the admission in

iits or nits there you will get monthly stipend as a scholarship.and with that

money you can manage your problem,aldo you can go for the job and in the

duration of the job you can persue the m.tech from the distance

education,this is also a good idea,so now its upto your self to decides where

you want to go.
16th August 2010, 12:16 PM
jiyaa

dear student,
you should not think for financial problem,your goal soud be clear to you if you want to have m.tech go for it throgh gate college will provide you financial assistance.
with best wishes
16th August 2010, 02:53 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear frend,
My sugesstion to u is if ur financial condition is nt good u should go 4 a job.it will b a gd option 4 u.....
16th August 2010, 05:51 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can go for Mtech by passing GATE exam. You will get admission in some of the good Colleges. You can avail education loan and pay it once you get a job. If your financial situation is not favorable you can work and do Mtech through distance mode.
16th August 2010, 06:10 PM
mk1810

What I prefer is go for a job because only if you do Mtech in reputed organisation you will get placed good companies or else again you will again end up in searching for job or a job in some small companies only. Instead you can now itself prefer searching job so that in two years from now your experience will surely help you in getting good job in future. Then if you r still interested you can go forward and do Mtech in part time or correspondence.
16th August 2010, 08:12 PM
mukeshbhadoriya

dear student if you are qualifying gate then only you go for the m.tech other wise going for job is best option and during the job you must preapre for gate so when you get selected they will give scholarship to you from this scholarship you can easily complete your study.
16th August 2010, 09:01 PM
avneetrocky

ya if ur finacial background is low then u have to work hard and give ur best to acheive campus selection
26th August 2010, 01:48 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
according to me you should go for higher study i.e.,for M.Tech.
If you can score 90-95 percentile in GATE exam,then you may get chance for Govt college for M.Tech,then you can get scholarship from the college,then can not get any financial problems.

now your only target is to score 90-95 percentile in GATE,study hard.

Best of luck.
13th September 2010, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

resspected all........

i have a question in my mind.i have completed my BE production this year...as i am very much intrested in mtech but my problem is my family wants me to do job?if suppose i prepare for gate and give exam and if i dnt get admission in iit so at that time what should i do?because my whole year will be wasted and suppose if i join any company and simultaneously preparing for gate.and if i get select for iit is company going to leave me for that?because these days company higher freshers in contract basis?
pls help me........
8th October 2010, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

for the question above..You can go for a job right now.Meanwhile you start preparing for GATE and try getting in iit.If you get in iit,then m tech would be the best option.Else,you would land up in the same condition as now.hope that clears
22nd October 2010, 09:27 PM
rahul_kumar066

Dear
Don't waste your expensive time just go for job if you can if not go for gate
Good luck
10th November 2010, 12:22 PM
megha ram singh

Smile Re: After btech one should go for Mtech or for Job if financial situation is not too good?

If your financial condition is not so good that you can afford for M.Tech then you should go for a good job

But I think you should try at least once for GATE.. may be you get a good chance.. so all the best..
11th January 2011, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

m in 4th year (ece) .i hav taken gate coaching..now its jan.. next month i wl be writtn gate,m sure i wl not crack gate this year,but if i go for coaching next year also ,definetely i wl be in a position to crack gate..my question is..is it better to go for coaching next year or start searching for a job right now so that i would get experience..i do not have much financial problem,i have a aggreate of 66 by end of my btec i would hav about 68 or 69.pls suggest should i do job or go for coaching????
28th February 2011, 01:17 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
sir,
Both options are available for you as you got one year to think about it.
If you opt job then start searching for it. As companies are hiring in bulk so you have good chance for getting selected.
If you are opting for further studies in the technical field and going for MTech then GATE is good to crack.
There is no matter about your financial condition as there is a scholarship for selected candidates which help you and the amount which you got in scholarship is around 8000 pm so no problem in financial matter.
10th April 2011, 12:45 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, first of all congartulations you have scored very good percentage of 70 surely go with job, as you can gain knowledge and experience and afer like 2 years you can go for higher studies,best of luck.
9th May 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

which course should i take in m.tech biotechnology
23rd May 2011, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

my name is yuvaraj,i had completed b.tech(information technology) with 63% .should i go for job or m.tech
15th June 2011, 02:46 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi
if your financial condition is poor
then you go for job
after some year then you come back to study
after earning some money for you and you family purpose

good luck...................
22nd July 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

hello frnds
i am selected for m.tech in eice from thapar university ijust wanna know abt the future prospects of placements from thapar in that particular branch or should i go for job i have another option of cdac dvlsi too from pune please advice iam in doubt
31st August 2011, 01:21 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
sir,

You should go for mtech.There si so much scope after mtech.So its better for

you to do preperation for gate exam.Its a good step for mtech.If you got

good marks in gate then you can do your higher studies from a honourable

intitute.You can also do a job along with mtech.Its the best option for you.So

choose this one.

All the best for your future.
9th July 2013, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

I want to know the scope of teaching jobs after MTech.I have cmpleted BE in chemical N doing Mtech in petroleum.
14th September 2013, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

I completed my b.tech in 2012.Till now i didn't get any job.I had qualified in pgecet got seat in avg college.Is it OK to do m.tech in this college.Please,can any one suggest me..
9th May 2014, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

GATE score:513
Cat: OBC
B.tech: 85.67%
Job or M.tech from NIT's?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?