28th August 2011, 01:27 PM
prk.j

Procedure to apply for Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? Salary of a deck cadet? On what basis if promotion done?

how to give entrance exam of merchant navy? what procedure i have to apply to join merchant navy after 12th with PCM? what will be my salary as a deck cadet? my prmotion will be done or not? if it will be done on which basis it will be done? for prmotion i have to give more exam's or not ? if i have to give then how can i give that exam's

30th August 2011, 10:15 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? Salary of a deck cadet? On what basis if promotion done?

You need to clear the entrance exam conducted by IIT. After that you need to undergo the pre-sea training. Once you clear the same you will be eligible to join as a deck cadet. You salary will depend on whether you join a Indian shipping company or foreign shipping company. Also it will depend on whether you are joining an oil tanker, dry bulk carrier etc. In foreign ships you can expect around $4000-5000. In Indian ships the salary can be as low as Rs 20000 per month.
30th August 2011, 11:24 PM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Procedure to apply for Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? Salary of a deck cadet? On what basis if promotion done?

You need to clear the entrance exam conducted by IIT. After that you need to undergo the pre-sea training. Once you clear the same you will be eligible to join as a deck cadet. You salary will depend on whether you join a Indian shipping company or foreign shipping company. Also it will depend on whether you are joining an oil tanker, dry bulk carrier etc. In foreign ships you can expect around $4000-5000. In Indian ships the salary can be as low as Rs 20000 per month.

Thanks!!
7th October 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by prk.j View Post
how to give entrance exam of merchant navy? what procedure i have to apply to join merchant navy after 12th with PCM? what will be my salary as a deck cadet? my prmotion will be done or not? if it will be done on which basis it will be done? for prmotion i have to give more exam's or not ? if i have to give then how can i give that exam's
plz reply soon.
13th October 2011, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

what is the salary of merchant navy as deck cadet
19th October 2011, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

After 12th PCM, wat kind off exam I have to give
22nd December 2011, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

do deck cadet get salary increments and if they get after what period and hw much ? and how do they get promotion?
8th March 2012, 11:53 PM
harshit agrawal 2021

dear.................
NDA stands for national defence service , the nda examination is conducted by the upsc union public service commission of india .

For N.D.A examination { Army wing }:

Educational Qualification : you should be qualified for 12th in any stream form recognized university .

Age Limit : your age should be 16 1/2 years to 19 years

CDS is stands for combined defence service . the cds examination is conducted by the upsc service commission of india .

For CDS Examination { Army academy} :

Educational qualification : you should be qualified for bachelor degree in any stream form recognized university .

Age Limit : your age should be 19 years to 24 years

thanks
18th July 2012, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

join merchant navy after 12 with PCM
22nd August 2013, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

what will be my work as a deck cadet
i have 83 percent in 12th with 82percent in PCM
how i can join it
10th December 2013, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

u will be doing watchkeeping(looking out in the sea to avoid any collisions or problems)..! have to undergo a Bsc nautical science(course) for 3 years and then 1 year training in sea..
18th March 2014, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Can i join Merchant navy complete BE computer science and engineering my percentage 65%
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?