29th August 2011, 12:34 AM
ANUSHA S PAI

After completing my 12th how can I prepare for IAS exam?

dear sir, I have completed my 12th. please tell me how i can prepare 4 IAS from now it itself.? please reply...

29th August 2011, 01:58 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Default Re: After completing my 12th how can I prepare for IAS exam?

Good to see your interest to be a IAS in future.
but for that the minimum qualification is graduate.

For the total syllabus and mark distribution go through the following link:

http://www.onestopias.com/exam-pattern.asp

As per the paper-1 you have to select one of the indian language, hence select it from now and through study of it..

then most important part is English...so you have to strong in grammar, vocabulary , essay writing , and general awareness

you can refer the Pratiyogi Kiran.(it's a magazine which consist all sorts of question papers)
Tow more subjects you have to select and prepare.

Good luck..~~~~
29th August 2011, 02:33 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

You cannot appear for IAS exam with 12th qualification.To appear for IAS exam,you should have minimum graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university and your age should be between 21 to 30 years.
So i suggest you to choose interested course in graduation,beside prepare for IAS exam,as soon as you finish your graduation course,you can easily crack the exam,if you start working hard from now.

For more details,see this attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 88 views)
29th August 2011, 07:51 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It is good to start preparation for the exam early. You must begin with the general knowledge section. For this you need to update yourself by reading newspapers daily, journals, magazines, books like manorama year book. You also need to start preparing for the aptitude section in the first part of the exam. You need to make sure you practice sufficient number of problems in each section till you are thorough. Solve the past papers to know you weak areas. Once you are prepared for this part you can start preparing for the mains. Select the subject from the list mentioned in the UPSC site.
29th August 2011, 12:31 PM
rana2011
Banned

No think about IAS now because minimum qualification for IAS is graduation.

Thanks!!
29th August 2011, 12:55 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: After completing my 12th how can I prepare for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANUSHA S PAI View Post
dear sir, I have completed my 12th. please tell me how i can prepare 4 IAS from now it itself.? please reply...
Hello Anusha..

yeah definitely I'l share my knowledge to you on preparing for most competitive and most prestigious examination
As you want to become an IAS officer as a student of this generation it is really appreciable.

And now you need to know few things like what is the eligibility criteria required.

First of all the main importance of IAS officer are :- as our country is a developing one we need strong people to build the nation with great attitudes and dedicated hard working people for this reason after british rule the Indian Republic government started to take Indians as officers into Indian Civil services.

for this UPSC which is the governing body to select the personnel from various backgrounds for the upliftment of the country.

will conduct Civil service examination to recruit students or professionals in to services like Indian Administrative Service , Indian Police service. etc.,

The eligibility criteria to appear in this examination is

->A minimum Degree of any discipline
->21 years of age which is minimum

after attaining above two you are eligible for the examination.
as you are now just in your 12th there is more 4 -5 years to get the eligibility what is required to write the examination.

so in this mean time you have to prepare mentally and physically for the examination I mean to say is to know more about general topics.
like General Knowledge
Politics
New technologies following by govt.
Hot Current affairs like Lok Pal bill, Apple CEO Change etc.,

so in that way you have to get prepared for these five years or so.

there is nothing to mug up you can complete all the bookish concepts which are required to crack the exam in 1 year after completing your graduation also but General knowledge and current affairs is not possible to learn at once.

by the way simultaneously you also prepare for Aptitude questions, Logical reasoning skills
build some leadership qualities

what not you can do everything what you feel is right. for the IAS officer.

all the best for your career.
Long way to go

Regards

~AdityA~
29th August 2011, 01:02 PM
sachin6

Ya you prepare ias now itself. It is good. The educational qualification is graduation in any stream. Age limit is 21 to 30years. It contains prelims,mains and interview. Many books are available .purchase it and crack the exams. All the best
29th August 2011, 01:13 PM
Mannu2525

Arrow Re: After completing my 12th how can I prepare for IAS exam?

Dear,
First of all you must have to know the eligibility criteria of civil services examination.

Eligibility
- Educational Eligibility : Graduation degree from any recognized university
- Age limit : 21-30 year

As you have just passed 12th standard, you are not eligible right now.

But its good if you maintain your sprite till the end of your graduation.

IAS exam involves 5 papers
- Paper I - One indian language
- Paper II - English
- Paper III - Essay
- Paper IV - General Studies
- Paper V - Two main subjects

For more detail please log on to www.competitionmaster.com or www.onestopias.com

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
29th August 2011, 01:32 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To appear in IAS exam, you have to first complete your graduation in any field..

After completion of graduation you can apply for IAS exam..

As you want to be an IAS officer, then you have to be very determine and hard working..
To crack the IAS exam, you must have excellent general knowledge..
For that you have study daily newspaper, keep in touch with the news of Indian politics, latest events..
So, after completion of 12th you just start reading newspaper, gather more knowledge to increase your IQ..
Which will help you to crack the IAS test..
You can join coaching classes to prepare for IAS exam..
So, go for it..
All the best..
29th August 2011, 01:39 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANUSHA S PAI View Post
Hello Anusha,
Since you have completed your +2, you have got a minimum of three years to complete your bachelors degree program and be eligible for the civil service examination conducted for recruitment of IAS officers.

The best way to prepare for the exam is by following the syllabus of the exam, referring to the previous year question papers and by keeping yourself updated regarding the current affairs and all of these must be done as soon as you decode to write the exam.

You must work hard in General Studies, English, Essay Writing, General Maths, Reasoning, Problem Solving etc.
The first stage of the civil service exam will comprise of two papers which is designed to check your general knowledge and aptitude. This stage is known as civil service aptitude test.

Once you qualify the first stage of the exam, you move on to the next one which is called main exam, which comprise of compulsory and optional papers. So, you must be very clear about the subjects you will be choosing for the optional papers.

If you want to start preparing for the exam, start following the syllabus, refer to the previous year question papers and work harder in the subjects mentioned above.
29th August 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

You cannot appear for IAS on the basis of your educational qualification i.e 10 2. To be eligible for IAS Examination, you have to complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university. After attaining graduation you can sucessfully appear for IAS Examination which is conducted by UPSC.
29th August 2011, 02:16 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
IAS is the one of most toughest exam in India , IAS stand for Indian Administrative Service,to become an IAS the most important thing that you need is passion for it, and I think you have that.

Dear first you need to the criterion for IAS, it is:

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer the below qualifications are needed.
1>You have to be a graduate from any recognized university by Govt. of India.
2>Your age should be between 21-30(5 years relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years relaxation for OBC)
3>You should be an Indian

One more thing you should remember that you can take only 4 chances(7 for OBC and SC/ST can take until the age limit exceeds)

So friend, now after meeting these criterion you concentrate on your study,the subject you need to know good for IAS are
A)General knowledge
B)Current Affairs
C)English
D)Aptitude

Also prepare two subjects of your choice from now and read daily news paper, that is most important.
All the best.
1st September 2011, 10:02 AM
belide
Senior Member+++

Good thought..
you can go through

A)General knowledge
B)Current Affairs
C)English
D)Aptitude
16th September 2011, 07:28 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

its sounds goode as you wnat to serve the nation . for appearing in this exam you shouled have to complete youe graduation from any recgonized college, whatever may be the stream is. the age limit exist for this exam 21-30 years.there are 5 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.
17th July 2013, 05:01 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

You cant appear for IAS after your 12th class. you will have to complete your graduation first from good recognized college.

As per the eligibility required

You need to be citizen of India
you should be graduate
You should have done your graduation from recognized college or institute
you age should be 21-30
Relaxation of 5 year for SC/ST and 3 year for OBC

Thus, at present you are not eligible.
But since you have your goal clear that you want to go for IAS, you can plan your study well in advanced.
You can join any good coaching institute in your 2nd year of graduation .

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?