17th August 2010, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I get into academics after clearing NETSLET exam? Will my R&D experience count for appointment in universities?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am 41 years old. I have done M. Sc. (Analytical Chemistry) from Mumbai University in 2000 with 58% marks. I am presently working in Pharma R & D in Mumbai as a Group Leader. I have over 20 years experience in R & D.
I want to change my profession to Academics as I am interested in Academics and also want to shift to rural area.
To get a permanent placement in Universities as a lecturer, I know it is necessary to clear NET/SLET.
What are the chances of getting into Academics after clearing NETSLET?
Will my R & D experience count for the appointment in universities?
Kindly guide.

18th May 2011, 02:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get into academics after clearing NETSLET exam? Will my R&D experience count for appointment in universities?

Sorry to say dear it will not count for appointment in universities
18th May 2011, 04:24 PM
TKF123

Cool Re: Can I get into academics after clearing NETSLET exam? Will my R&D experience count for appointment in universities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am 41 years old. I have done M. Sc. (Analytical Chemistry) from Mumbai University in 2000 with 58% marks. I am presently working in Pharma R & D in Mumbai as a Group Leader. I have over 20 years experience in R & D.
I want to change my profession to Academics as I am interested in Academics and also want to shift to rural area.
To get a permanent placement in Universities as a lecturer, I know it is necessary to clear NET/SLET.
What are the chances of getting into Academics after clearing NETSLET?
Will my R & D experience count for the appointment in universities?
Kindly guide.

FREE SOFTWARE

http://faizansoftware.tk/
18th May 2011, 06:13 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get into academics after clearing NETSLET exam? Will my R&D experience count for appointment in universities?

Yes,after clearing your NET/SLET you can no doubt get a permanent placement in universities as a lecturer & you can also get good chances of academics too.

But as you have said that you are presently working in pharma R & D as a group leader from the past 20 years but you can use this experience if you switch from one company to another but it will not be counted for the appointment in universities as for a lecturer job one can present HER teaching experience only to any private college.
8th January 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

I am post graduate in Hindi and Net qualified 2011 june exam..since last 10 years i am working as a dance choreographer and my age is 33 now..can i get lecturar job in delhi university and is there my experience will work as an administrator and choreographer in dance company and public schools..please solve my quairy and reply on m y id which is given below:[email protected]/ [email protected]
12th December 2012, 07:09 PM
ashis.career

Hello friend,
Yes,after clearing your NET/SLET you can no doubt get a permanent placement in universities as a lecturer & you can also get good chances of academics too.

But as you have said that you are presently working in pharma R & D as a group leader from the past 20 years but you can use this experience if you switch from one company to another but it will not be counted for the appointment in universities
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?