19th August 2010, 09:55 PM
jdhanda8331

What is CDS exam? What kind of questions are asked in it and qualifications required? Syllabus of it?

I want to know what is CDS EXAM give me details about questions asked in exam and qualification required. Send me syllabus analysis for this exam i.e. imp. topics of B.Sc (PCM) 1st year

4th August 2011, 05:40 PM
sanjeev26

Default Re: What is CDS exam? What kind of questions are asked in it and qualifications required? Syllabus of it?

whatis te cds exam?
4th August 2011, 06:13 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What is CDS exam? What kind of questions are asked in it and qualifications required? Syllabus of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhanda8331 View Post
I want to know what is CDS EXAM give me details about questions asked in exam and qualification required. Send me syllabus analysis for this exam i.e. imp. topics of B.Sc (PCM) 1st year

What is CDS exam?

Combined defence service examination is conducted twice in a year for the selection of candidate in armed forces such as Indian Air force, Army and Navy as an officer. To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Education Qualification
For the CDS examination candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. For the Indian Air force and Navy candidate should have physics and Maths at 10+2.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-23 Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

Exam Pattern

The CDS examination is based on the following pattern.
All the papers are of objective type.

English 100 marks

General Knowledge 100 Marks

Elementary Mathematics 100 Marks

Total 300 marks

For more information on CDS examination visit below website of UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in
4th August 2011, 06:19 PM
ajeetajeet1250

Default Re: What is CDS exam? What kind of questions are asked in it and qualifications required? Syllabus of it?

What is CDS exam? What kind of questions are asked in it and qualifications required? Syllabus of it?

Quote:

What is CDS exam?

Combined defence service examination is conducted twice in a year for the selection of candidate in armed forces such as Indian Air force, Army and Navy as an officer. To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Education Qualification
For the CDS examination candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. For the Indian Air force and Navy candidate should have physics and Maths at 10+2.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limit

Exam Pattern

The CDS examination is based on the following pattern.
All the papers are of objective type.

English 100 marks

General Knowledge 100 Marks

Elementary Mathematics 100 Marks

Total 300 marks

For more information on CDS examination visit below website of UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in
4th August 2011, 06:32 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Quote:
CDS is Common Defence Service the exam is held by upsc is conducted by twice in year.

The exam is for indian army, navy, air force.This exam is one of the defence service exam.

Eligibility for CDS:

The candidates must be a citizen of India.

The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years.For sc/st candidates it is 35 and for obc candidates it is 33 years.

The candidates must have a degree in any discipline.

For more information you can check at the official site of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in
4th August 2011, 06:38 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
CDS is named as Common Defense Service.
CDS exam is a common entrance text for air force,army and navey.

Qualification Required
Graduation in any stream for non technical job
Graduation in engineering for technical job

Exam Pattern
1. English
2. General Knowledge
3. Elementary Mathematics
7th August 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

how many height is required for woman as airforce officer and indian millitary acadamy
20th August 2011, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Sir i had physics n maths together in 10 2.Now i am in B.A. hons. history 1st year.Please tell me that will i be eligible for air force n navy wings in cds?
11th September 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

is it a good career line for an e.c. engineer to opt this line?
15th September 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

how many fees of CDS examination?
6th November 2011, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi! My name is Biwas Pradhani had a fracture in my arm twice n due to dat its bent so can i pass the medical ??
7th December 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

I M DOING BBA FROM DISTANCE LEARNING CAN I APPLY FOR OTA
7th December 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

hi doing bba from distance learning can i apply for ota
29th February 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am a Commerce student................. without maths as 1 of my subjects.................. I coudnt appear for NDA due to this reason..... Sir can i appear for CDS for joining army.............
13th April 2012, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

for a mechanical engineer what syllebus is required
23rd May 2012, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

What type of question are generly asked in cds exam for indian navy and indian army?
9th June 2012, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

can a b.tech(civil or Mechanical) write CDS exam.
2nd July 2012, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I am born on September 18,1986. Am i Eligible for OTA -2012 exams
12th August 2012, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

How to join direct officer zone in Indian navy, Indian air force after b.tech cse degree
7th December 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how many height is required for woman as airforce officer and indian millitary acadamy
height 6 feet 7 inch
8th December 2012, 01:11 PM
ZP KD

Combined defence service examination is conducted twice in a year for the selection of candidate in armed forces such
as Indian Air force,
Army and Navy as an officer.
To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Education Qualification

Age Limit

Exam Pattern
1. English
2. General Knowledge
3. Elementary Mathematics
9th December 2012, 01:11 PM
punjpro

Well mine CDS is a type of examination conducted by UPSC , which helps you to get in Indian Army..

You may understand it as substitute to NDA,, which takes part in 12th.

Well for Previous year Questions, i will recommend you to this website : CDS Previous Year Questions
It's in Last...

And now coming to Qualifications :

>> for it you need graduation degree

>> You need to be an Indian Citizen
24th December 2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am bse2nd year student. I lost my one teeth. Can i fit in pft.
25th December 2012, 01:53 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What is CDS exam? What kind of questions are asked in it and qualifications required? Syllabus of it?

Career in Defense

Quote:
qualification required
Eligibility requirement for CDSE exam is degree from recognized university and candidates those who have graduation degree or engineering degree from recognized university will be eligible for Air Force academy and degree in Engineering will be eligible for post of Indian Naval academy recruitment.

Number of posts in IMA are 250, Indian Naval academy are 40, for IAF it is 32, for OTA it's 175 and for Women it's only 12.

Quote:
I want to know what is CDS EXAM
One of the Major Entry is CDSE i.e Combined Defense Service Examination which held twice in a year and conducted by union public service commission board of India.As you want to become an Officer in Defense so there are Lot of Opportunities through which you can Go for commissioned officer in Defense.

One is CDSE I which usually held its exam in February month. and the Another Exam i.e CDSE II held in the month of September.

For CDSE I you need to fill up the forms in the Month of September-October and For CDSE II you need to fill up in the month of April-May.

So if you have lost it one Chance then you can Give CDSE II . its notification will come in the month of April in the Employment news. (So start subscribing Employment news.)

Quote:
give me details about questions asked in exam and Send me syllabus analysis for this exam
Exam pattern or syllabus consists of English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. Mainly the maths includes till 12th like Geometry, logarthmic maths. etc.

Below are the exam papers you can download to see what kind of question are being asked in CDSE.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CDSE I Part I papers.zip(3.57 MB, 68 views)
File Type: zip CDSE I Part II papers.zip(5.25 MB, 53 views)
25th December 2012, 02:14 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: What is CDS exam? What kind of questions are asked in it and qualifications required? Syllabus of it?

Quote:

hi friend,

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service

A candidate should have completed their graduation with atleast 50% from Recognized Universities

Citizenship of INDIA.

Age limite:

For Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years For Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years For Naval Academy : 19-22 Years For Officers’ Training Academy :19-25 Years.

Books

CDS Previous Years Papers (Solved)
by
Rph Editorial Board

CDS Exam Guide
by
Rph Editorial Board

Study Package For CDS
by
Atul Bhardwaj

Popular Master Guide Cds - 2010
by
R. Gupta's

All the best........
14th May 2013, 03:29 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.
Candidate who pass the graduation in stream is eligible for this exam.
Age should be in between 19-27 year.

This exam is conducted in three stage:-
> Written exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

For more detail log on to wwww.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
4th June 2013, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12 from PCM. i want to go for army or airforce or IAS after graduation . plz tell me right graduation course
10th August 2013, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

What is cds
11th November 2013, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i had physics n maths together in 10 2.Now i am in B.A. hons. history 1st year.Please tell me that will i be eligible for air force n navy wings in cds?
yes u r u can apply
15th November 2013, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

I am studying B.sc hons physics.. what is the marks percentage required in CDS to join air force????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?