7th September 2011, 01:32 AM
rctreddy

How to get a Government Job being a candidate of B.Tech final year in IT?

I' m doing B.Tech final year in IT....
I want to get into a government job....

Related Questions:
  1. B.Tech final year is eligible for any government?
  2. Chances of getting a Government Job after passing btech ece with 70% and no backlogs? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Will I be able to get Job being a candidate having secured above 75% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech having a gap of 4 years?
  4. Which courses will benefit me to get Government Job being a candidate pursuing final year B.Com?
  5. Can I apply for government job after pursuing B.Tech in CSE?
  6. Criteria to be eligible for a government job? What should I do to pursue a government job after final year?
  7. How to get a job in IES if I am a B.Tech final year student
  8. Am I eligible for a job in government sector after scoring an aggregate of 74%?
  9. Can I get government job when I am doing final year of B.Tech?
  10. Is experience candidate preferred fro government job? What is the eligibility criteria for it?
  11. How to get government job after pursuing B.Tech final year
  12. Eligibility for Government Posts being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in ECE?
  13. List of available Jobs for me in Government sector being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech with CSE stream with an aggregate of 68%?
  14. How to apply for government job being in final year of B.Tech in Civil engineering? -- [New]
  15. Which Companies I can prefer for Job Opportunities being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in ECE stream?
  16. How to get a government job after passing CSE with 81%?
  17. What kind of Government Jobs are best suitable for me being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Computer Science?
  18. What should I do to get Government job being a Bachelor of Tourism Management final year candidate?
9th September 2011, 07:25 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to get a Government Job being a candidate of B.Tech final year in IT?

There are various Public Sector Areas where you can try out for.Some of the companies from Government side which recruit IT graduates are:-
ISRO, BEL, NTPC, BHEL,.etc

All these companies recruit IT graduates based upon the vacancy.Usually IT Engineer's are selected in small number because these core companies require less of their work. IT sector doesn't belong to the core side hence the recruitment is also in less number compared to groups like mechanical and electrical.Go through the following site to view the list of Public Sector Undertaking companies.
http://www.india.gov.in/citizen/PSU.php

There are various other exams which you can go through by boards like UPSC, SSC and PSC.There are many exams conducted by these boards's which you can go through as a Graduate but not as an IT engineer.Some of the examinations which you can go through are CSAT, CDS, Sub-Inspector Examination for CBI, ITBP, CRPF,.etc.

Your State's PSC even conducts various examination which can be written by graduates please go through their respective websites for more details.The notifications regarding all the Government jobs will be published in the weekly journal "Employment News".
9th September 2011, 10:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a Government Job being a candidate of B.Tech final year in IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctreddy View Post
dear friend,

You have completed your B-TECH in IT. But your graduation marks is must be 60% above because below mention organization have criteria is above 60% in graduation . This percentage is vary from organization to organization.

So you have many options to go like govt sector ,private sector or higher study also.

The govt sector options are -DRDO , BARC , ONGC , ISRO , NIC , IGDR , UPSC EXAM , BSNL JTO etc.The age limit for those organization is maximum 30 years .Age relaxation provide only for SC/ST /OBC candidate.

Also you are eligible in private sector also . the private sector company are TCS ,CTS ,IBM,HP,L&T,ALUNUS ,WIPRO etc.

The higher study options are MS , MBA ,M-TECH ,JRF ,SRF ,PHD etc.

Also you must be qualify in GATE ,CAT,MAT exam.

thanks
9th September 2011, 12:57 PM
saugata2008

There are so many jobs for B.tech IT candidates in Govt. sectors .Those jobs can be grabbed easily by clearing the written test such as-

ECIL
Bank Exams
SAIL
DRDO
ISRO
RRB

you can get all the important dates and apply for those jobs from -

www.freshersworld.com

But as you are a IT student and your course is software oriented ,it will be better if you can try to the software MNCs .

Thank you
9th September 2011, 02:01 PM
tanmayeetripathy

CERTAINLY THERE ARE VARIOUS OPPORTUNITIES WHICH YOU CAN OPT FOR IN THE GOVERNMENT SECTOR AFTER COMPLETING THE ENGINEERING IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.. THE CANDIDATES CAN APPLY TO THE VARIOUS NOTIFICATIONS WHICH APPEAR IN THE GOVERNMENT SECTOR. THE CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY TO ONLY THOSE POSTS WHICH ARE MOST SUITABLE TO THEM IN TERMS OF THEIR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.

FOR A COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING GRADUATE THE CANDIDATES HAVE JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS-
BANKING SECTOR
CIVIL SERVICES
RAILWAYS
TELECOM
ISRO
BHEL
CDAC
ONGC
HLL ETC.

ASRB

SSC

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ETC.

THE PROCEDURE FOR THE SELECTION IN MOST OF THE GOVERNMENT JOBS IS THROUGH THE WRITTEN EXAMINATIONS. IN CASE OF THE CIVIL SERVICE, RAILWAYS, BANKING ETC THE SELECTION IS ON THE BASIS OF THE WRITTEN EXAM. THESE ARE HIGHLY COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS WHICH ARE HELD ON AN ALL INDIA BASIS. THE GOVERNMENT COMPANIES SUCH AS BHEL, CDAC ETC AND ALL WILL ALSO CONDUCT WRITTEN EXAMINATIONS BASED ON THE VARIOUS POSITIONS WHICH ARE VACANT IN THAT ORGANIZATION.

THE CANDIDATES HAVE TO PREPARE THOROUGHLY WITH REGARD TO THESE EXAMS ACCORDING THE PATTERN AND STRUCTURE OF THE EXAMS. MOST OF THE EXAMINATIONS WILL BE OBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS. THE CANDIDATES WHO GET SHORT LISTED IN THE WRITTEN EXAM WILL BE CALLED IN FOR THE PERSONAL INTERVIEW. ON THE BASIS OF THE PERFORMANCE IN THE INTERVIEW THE FINAL SELECTION WILL BE DONE.

All the best..
13th October 2011, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Now m contineuing my b tech in IT branch.so what is the future of mine in public sector exam?
20th October 2011, 03:52 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Some high profiled PSUs for IT or Computer Sc. are:

HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited) needs minimum 65% marks for General/ OBC and minimum of 55% Marks for SC/ST

BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited) needs minimum 60% marks in aggregate.

DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization)

for any other details visit:http://theguru.net.in/psu_eligibility.html

[I]The official websites of the Govt.Companies like:

1:BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)

3:Railway recruitment board(RRB)

4:HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)

5:Electronic cooperation of india limited(ECIL)

6:Union Public Service Commission(UPSC)

7:SAIL(Steel Authority of India)

8:DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization)

9:Probationary Officer(PO)of SBI Bank,UBI Bank,Bank of India
20th October 2011, 08:17 PM
g m bhagya

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctreddy View Post
There are various government companies like BELL,NTPC which recruit it students and even you can apply in telephone and electric department.
4th March 2012, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

I am btech(IT)3rd year student .i have pass btech in 2013.at what time or which year i will appear or apply the govt sector job.
29th July 2012, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Re:when i have to apply for government job being a candidate of b.tech final year in CSE?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?