9th September 2011, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for UGC NET exam if I am 29 years old with 55% in M.A?

sir i am 29 year old i want appering ugc net Exm & my M.A parcenteg is 55% so i am eligebal or not.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET? I have done MBA with specialization in finance
  2. Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET if completed M.Sc(Zoology) 10 years ago?
  3. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject?
  4. Can i appear for UGCNET after doing PG Diploma in Bioinformatics?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D through UGC NET after completion of M.Sc Geography from Andhra University?
  6. Am i eligible for UGC NET exam after PGDM degree?
  7. Can biotech students apply for UGC NET in environment sciences? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible for UGC NET after doing B.Sc Biology and M.Sc(IT) correspondence? Can I opt for UGC NET exam in IT field?
  9. Done MBA and also answered UGC NET exam : Am I eligible for PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Eligibility to appear in CSIR UGC NET joint test for LS in Engineering Sciences?
  11. What is the minimum percentage in Hindi for Ph.D?
  12. Am I eligible for UGC NET after doing BSc Biotech and MBA(HR) correspondence? Can I opt for UGC NET exam in HR field?
  13. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET if secure 55% marks in M.Com with 1 subject left to clear? Should I have to submit results of 2 years of M.Com if qualified in UGC-NET?
  14. Am I eligible for UGC NET exam if I am 29 years old with 55% in M.A?
  15. Non receipt of UGC NET certificates even after 2 years
  16. Can I appear in NET if secured 58% in Economics post graduation? For what subject I can apply for NET?
  17. Should i opt for Ph.D. after my M.Sc. completion in Biochemistry field?
  18. Am I eligible for UGC NET after doing MSc IT with 62%? I am 28 years old
9th September 2011, 11:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET exam if I am 29 years old with 55% in M.A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am 29 year old i want appering ugc net Exm & my M.A parcenteg is 55% so i am eligebal or not.
You are eligible for UGC NET Examination but only for Lectureship Post.

You are Not eligible for apply for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Because for this post you need to complete your Post graduation degree course and your age should not be more than 28 years.

>> So, If you are Interested in NET Examination then please apply for Lectureship Post because for this post there is no minimum Age restriction, So You are eligible for UGC NET Examination if you have completed your Post graduate degree course.

>> The examination was Held in 2 times in a year - June and December.

June 2011 NET Examination was Already completed and December NET Examination was Going to be Held in December.

The Notification of December NET Examination was Not declared yet, So please wait for few more Months Because the Notification was Going to be Published in the Month of September i.e. on 26/Sep/2011.

After the Notification candidates may fill the NET Application form Online By visit the official website, the examination fees of NET was Rs 450 and candidates have to pay the fees through Challan in any SBI Branch and then you are eligible to fill the application form Online.

>> To apply for this examination you need to complete your Post Graduate degree course and Your must have scored minimum 55% marks in your Post Graduation, Final year Post graduates are also eligible for UGC NET Examination and If you want to get More Information then please check the official website -

http://ugcnetonline.in
10th September 2011, 12:35 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET exam if I am 29 years old with 55% in M.A?

There are two fields you can apply through NET-
1. Junior Research Fellowship(JRF):
eligibility criteria-(a) you must have completed your post graduation
(b) Your age should be within 28 years
2. Lectureship:
eligibility criteria-(a) you must have completed your post graduation
(b) There is no such age limit.

Therefore it seems that you can apply for the Lectureship.
All the Best.
10th September 2011, 12:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

After M.A , you are eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

All the best
10th September 2011, 02:46 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for UGC NET exam:-

1.The candidate must have complete the post graduation from a recognized university..
2.The candidate should have 55% aggregate in post graduation course.
For SC/ST/OB category candidates should have 50% aggregate in post graduation course.

Age eligibility:-

1.There is no upper age limit for lectureship...
2.The candidates age should not be more than 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship..
For SC/ST/OBC the age relaxation is 5 years..

As you have mention that your age is 29 years , if you are from general category then you are not eligible for the exam..
If you are from SC/ST/OBC category then only you are eligible for this exam..
All the best.
10th September 2011, 03:13 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for ugc net exam.

Eligibility:- A candidate who interested to sit in ugc net exam, they should be
post graduate with 55% marks in any subject from recognised university.
Age of candidate should be for JRF maximum 28 years and for lecturership, no upper age limit.

This exam conducts by the UGC two time in every year in june and december

for more information you can visit on ugc website: www.ugc.ac.in
10th September 2011, 08:52 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,

The NET examination is conducted by the UGC for Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer ship.
Educational Qualification required for the NET examination is that a candidate must be a post graduate degree holder with 55% marks in aggregate.
The age limit for the Junior Research Fellowship is that a candidate must be between 18 years to 28 years of age.
And for the Lecturer ship there is no age limit.

As you are already 29 so you can only apply for the Lecturer ship and not for the Junior Research Fellowship.

Best Wishes....
10th September 2011, 11:11 AM
nirmal antony

When is the last date to submit the NET application form? Is it only online submission? can i send application through post? Please reply me.
10th September 2011, 12:22 PM
saugata2008

The eligibility criteria for UGC NET exam -
1. At least 55% marks in Master's degree .
At least 50% marks for sc/st/obc/PH/VH candidates .
2.Candidate who have appeared in post graduation can apply .

3.Age criteria -

a) There is no upper age limit for candidates appearing only for eligibility for lectureship .
b) Applicants for junior reasearch fellowship should not be more than 28 years age .
c) 5 years relaxation for the sc/st/obc/PH candidates .

So as per the criteria if you want to apply for lectureship, then you are eligible for that .
Otherwise you have to be of reserve category to apply for UGC NET .

Thank you
10th September 2011, 02:42 PM
Tulasinagababu

Eligibility Criteria for appearing in NET Examination

a) Qualifications

Candidates belonging to the General/Other Backward Classes (OBC) who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off in Master's Degree (or equivalent) examination in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination. Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) category and Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's degree (or equivalent) examination are eligible to appear in the NET examination.

Those candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% marks or below for SC/ST & PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are NOT eligible for this Test. THERE IS NO PROVISION OF ROUNDING OFF OF MARKS TO MAKE IT 55% (50% FOR SC/ST and PH/VH).

Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master's Degree examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility, only after they have passed the Master's Degree examination (or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) within one year from the date of UGC_NET examination under consideration.In case, these candidates fail to obtain their P.G. Degree/Mark-sheet within one year from the date of the relevant UGC_NET examination, they will be treated as disqualified.

Only those candidates, who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified degree as given in Item No.18, are eligible to appear for NET examination.

The Candidates should appear in the subject of their Post Graduation. However, the candidates whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects given at item No. 13 below, may appear in the subject related to their Post Graduation subject.

Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate shall not imply that the Commission has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents enclosed with their application. The Commission may call for any document(s) at a later stage to verify the eligibility of the candidates.

^TOP

b) Exemption from NET (Eligibility for Lectureship)

For M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates: NET shall remain the compulsory requirement for appointment as lecturer even for candidates having Ph.D. degree. However, the candidates who have passed their M.Phil degree by 31st December 1993 or have submitted their Ph.D. thesis to the University in the concerned subject on or before 31st December 2002 are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination. In case such candidates fail to obtain Ph.D. degree, they shall have to pass the NET Examination. The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF Examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in the NET Examination.

For SLET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), accredited by the UGC for Lectureship prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in the NET Examination. For SLET examinations scheduled in or after June 2002, the qualified candidates shall be eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer only in the university/colleges belonging to the state from where they have passed the SLET Examination. However, such candidates are also eligible to apply for appearing in the NET.

c) Age Limit and relaxation

There is no upper age limit for candidates appearing only for eligibility for lectureship

Applicants for Junior Research Fellowship should not be more than 28 years of age as on the first day of the month in which the NET Examination is to be held. For example, in case of NET to be held on 20.06.2004, a candidate born on 01.06.1976 or later is eligible because his/her age on 01.06.2004 is exactly 28 years or below; but any candidate born on or before 31.05.1976 shall be considered overage.

Age relaxation for JRF: Age relaxation up to 5 years is available to SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Handicapped (PH) / Visually Handicapped (VH) / Women candidates. Relaxation, up to a maximum of 5 years, supported by a certificate from appropriate authority, is applicable to the candidates for the period spent on research/training in the related/relevant subject of post graduation. Candidates possessing LLM. Degrees are also permitted for relaxation in age up to a maximum of three (3) years. Total age relaxation on above grounds shall not exceed five (5) years under any circumstances.
11th September 2011, 12:41 AM
nirmal antony

If i get JRF project minimum how many years will need to complete Phd in a particular topic?
16th September 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED LLM WITH 57% AGGREGATE BUT IN ONE OF THE SUBJECTS IN THE FINAL YEAR I WAS PASSED IN A SUBJECT SCORING 50 (WITH GRACE MARKS). AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR NET LECTURERSHIP EXAMINATION.
26th September 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

WAT IS THE JOB SCOPE AFTER NET
1st December 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have passed my LLM exam 2011 with grace mark and i got 59.5% in aggregate, can i appear net exam in 2011
2nd December 2011, 01:04 AM
brijesh2970

Smile Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET exam if I am 29 years old with 55% in M.A?

Quote:
Information about UGC NET Examination

=> NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and the examination was Conducted by UGC Twice in a year, First in June and December. The June NET 2011 Examination was already completed, And If you are Interested to apply for NET, then please apply for the December NET Examination.

=> To apply for NET Examination you need to complete Your Post Graduation in any discipline But you have to choose those subjects which you have already studied in your Post graduation. You must have to scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation only then you are eligible for NET Examination.

=> So please wait for the December NET Examination Notification, The Notification was declared soon in Next month, Eligible candidates may fill the Application form Online, but you have to pay the fees as the challan form in any SBI Branch, The examination fees of NET was Rs 450.

So, You can Definitely eligible for UGC NET.

Good Luck!!!!!
Regards
@BRIJESH@
4th December 2011, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I have dome MBA (HR) CORRESPONDENCE from Symbiosis (Pune) with 63% marks.Am I eligible to appear in NET exam.I have done B.Sc regular.Please reply back soon.
thanks
23rd February 2012, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am women candidate[oc] . my age is 29 years. am i eligible to appear for ugc net jrf.
25th February 2012, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

I am PG HOLDER IN MA PSYCHOLOGY FROM KARNATAKA OPEN UNIVERSITY MYSORE OF 55%.IS AM I ABLE TO ATTENED NET EXAM?MY AGE IS 39.
11th April 2012, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for uGC NEt exam if i am 28 years old belong s to general category with 62% in M.Sc It?
27th April 2012, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

SIR
I HAVE COMPLETED MY MSC FROM ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY IN DISTANT MODE.AM I ELIGIBLE
15th April 2013, 04:46 AM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

The abbreviation of NET is National Eligibility Test.

Exactly, you are preferable for National Eligibility Test for Lectureship position.

Because, you have crossed your age which is preferable for Junior Research Fellowship position.

National Eligibility Test is organized by University Grants Commission twice every year for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship positions.

National Eligibility Test is organized in following two months:-

# June.

# December.

The educational qualifications regarding with National Eligibility Test are below mentioned:-

# Opponents must have finished their master degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

# 55% marks must be secured in master degree for Open and OBC opponents.

# 50% marks must be secured in master degree for SC/ST opponents.

# There is no limitations of age for Lectureship position.

# Citizenship:- Opponents must have an Indian citizenship.

Thanks.
30th August 2013, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

i will pass b.com in low parcentega in 47% can i got job in uae in accounting fild
31st August 2013, 01:59 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Am i eligible for uGC NEt exam if i am 28 years old belong s to general category with 62% in M.Sc It?
YES, You are eligible to apply for the UGC NET Exams

But you can only apply for the Lectureship and not for JRF

NET Exams are conducted by UGC twice a year in June and December

NET Exam is conducted for:
Lecturership
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Age Limit:
Lectureship-No age limit
JRF-maximum age to apply is 28 years
OBC/WOMEN/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years
31st August 2013, 08:24 PM
Bapu!

You are eligible to apply for the UGC NET Exams

But you can only apply for the Lectureship and not for JRF

NET Exams are conducted by UGC twice a year in June and December

NET Exam is conducted for:
Lecturership
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
12th February 2015, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have done my m.a. From sociology and I complete my MED can I give net exam from education subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?