20th September 2011, 09:40 AM

Will a student with less than 60% marks in 10th and B.Tech be eligible for campus recruitment? What is the scope after doing PhD in bioinformatic from USA?

my daughter is pursuing b.tech. IV year in com.science. her X class marks 58%, intermediate 70% and upto third year 55% in b.tech. is she eligible for campus recreuitment. will you please advice me what to do after b.tech. whether M.tech or any course. MY SECOND dought is , that my son completed m.s.cs in usa and doing phd. in bioinformatics . what will be his prospectus in usa.

Related Questions:
1st February 2017, 12:27 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Will a student with less than 60% marks in 10th and B.Tech be eligible for campus recruitment? What is the scope after doing PhD in bioinformatic from USA?

Scores are really important when it comes to getting placements. Many people believe that marks don't really matter but the reality is harsh. It does. However, if the scores are less then attempting B.Tech would not have been a really nice option.

If your daughter has already done so, then there is no option but to wait and see if the campus placements give any opportunity for her to excel in that. Kindly note that every company that comes to the campus for recruitment comes with a different set of requirements.

It cannot be said upfront if a particular company would come to campus and still take up your daughter for job. It would ultimately depend on a lot of factors such as:

1. Communication Skills
2. Academic Scores
3. Knowledge of B.Tech
4. Smartness
5. Intellect etc..

Thus, it would be good if your daughter could prepare herself on these fronts also if the marks are not that good.

It would be of no good for your daughter to take up M.Tech. Instead doing an MBA from one of the top colleges such as IIMs, SP Jain, NMIMS, IBS Hyd, etc

Also, for your son bioinformatics is a good stream to study. And specially if you are looking at it from USA point of view it would be really good.

Unlike India, US has a lot of jobs regarding such streams of study and thus being a PH.D in this stream of knowledge would really pay off in such countries.

I would suggest the following:

1. Try looking for jobs in the USA relating to this
2. Establish connections online with people there who are already working on such fields
3. Even visiting there would help as after PH.D many prospects of job open up.
4. Many a times even research fields open up and look for such professionals who are really good and educated in this stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?