23rd September 2011, 12:52 AM
sanghmitra029

Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?

i am persuing b.a.3rd yr.i want to know the subjct for ias.]
i am in very much need of this.

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  2. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT?
  3. How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?
  4. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  5. Which subjects should I choose for Civils pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in CSE?
  6. Which subjects should I choose to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing final year of MCA course?
  7. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in CSE?
  8. How to write IAS exam after completing engineering? I am studying engineering 3rd year CSE
  9. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  11. What to do to become an IAS being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Com?
  12. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a Bio-Agri candidate?
  13. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  14. What shall I do to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Com course?
  15. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  16. Which subjects will be better for me IAS Exam being a 3rd year B.Tech candidate in CS? How to prepare for this Exam?
  17. How can I become an IAS officer with MBBS degree? Which subjects should I choose? -- [New]
  18. How many subjects to choose for IAS? Previous years question papers for EE engineering?
23rd September 2011, 07:35 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?

For the first part i.e. prelims you need to prepare for the aptitude and the general awareness section. The aptitude section shall include questions from maths, English, reasoning etc. If you clear this then you can appear for the mains. You need to select two subjects other than English, any one of the regional subjects and also general studies. Since you are from arts background you can select subjects like geography, history, economics, psychology. You can visit the UPSC site for the details on the exam.
23rd September 2011, 07:54 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?

For IAS, one has to appear for civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The selection procedure is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Intially you have to go through the CSAT Exam. If you are qualified in CSAT Exam, then only you will be eligible to appear for Main Examination in the optional subject which you select.

So, first put more attention to crack CSAT Exam. As far as the optional subject is concerned, you can choose the one which you are interested.

You may choose the subjects like
-Geography
-General studies

But I suggest you to choose the subject which you have more interest and which you are confident of completing the syllabus. If you choose a subject as optional subject, later if you are not interested or if it become difficult for you to understand the subject, then you will be in trobule.

So, be wise and act wisely in choosing optional subject. Don't listen to others suggestions.

Know yourself of which subject you are having good command and interest, choose the same.
23rd September 2011, 09:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghmitra029 View Post
dear friend,

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

thanks
23rd September 2011, 10:23 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination.

The examination was conducted by the Union Public Service commission every year.

There is a 25 options subjects available for Main examination.Choose any two subjects according to the your interest.I am mentioned the subjects of main examination.

>>>>Agriculture

>>>>Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

>>>>Botany

>>>>Chemistry

>>>>Civil Engineering

>>>>Commerce & Accountancy

>>>>Economics

>>>>Electrical Engineering

>>>>Geography

>>>>Geology

>>>>History

>>>>Law

>>>>Management

>>>>Mathematics

>>>>Mechanical Engineering

>>>>Medical Science

>>>>Philosophy

>>>>Physics

>>>>Political Science & International relations

>>>>Psychology

>>>>Public Administration

>>>>Sociology

>>>>Statistics

>>>>Zoology

The Civil Service Examination consist of three parts :-

>>>>Preliminary examination.

>>>>Main Examination

>>>>Interview

First you have to clear the preliminary examination.After clearing the preliminary examination are called for Main examination.

You may choose subjects like

>>>>General Studies

>>>>History

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
23rd September 2011, 02:44 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Thumbs up Re: Which subjects to choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BA?

Quote:
*Dear friend,*
IAS(Indian Administrative Service) is the best job if you want to serve your country and want to have a good lifestyle. After clearing IAS you will become a district commisioner.

For IAS only limited seats are available every year around 100.For that 100 seats you have to compete with around 2 lakhs candidates.Before starting the preparation for IAS you to be make sure what you really want.

You have to apply for CSAT exam conducted by UPSC ,to become a IAS.CSAT is conducted every year.

If you want to start IAS preparation then first you should know that its a difficult process,people left it in mid way.first you have to have a lot of patience,do hard work and be determine.Only then you can achieve which you want.

For IAS you have to select two subjects which you like the most,among the subjects list specified by UPSC.
You have to prepare two subjects very deeply.other than that you have to prepare for general knowledge,aptitude,logical reasoning for Pre exam.

*Eligibility for CSAT:*

1.You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and not more than 30 years of age,33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs

2.Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

3.You should have a graduate degree from any college which is recognized by UGC, or possess an equivalent qualification.

4.If you are in the final semester or have taken their final degree exam but are awaiting the results can also appear for the IPS Preliminary examination provided they furnish their proof of degree while filling the Mains form.

*Procedure is follows:*

1.In pre exam two papers will be there,each of two hours a) General studies and b)Optional subject.Objective type questions will be asked.

2.Main paper comprises of 9 papers,each of three hours.One of the Indian languages,2 papers on general studies ,2 papers on option-1 and 2 papers on optional-2.
so here i suggest you for optional subject ;
>>geography
>>public administration
>>sociology
>>political science

it is depend on you which subject is better for your preparation and you have interested on it.

3. In the end interview will be there.

4.Merit list will be out.

*Important dates:*

1.The prelims will be held around May-June.

2.The main written examination usually takes place in Oct-Nov.

3.Interview will take place in the month of April-May.

best of lk..
23rd September 2011, 03:59 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IAS exam is a civil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year..
You have to choose any two subjects among the 25 subjects as your optional paper in main exam..
The examination pattern is as under :-

The examination is conducted in two stage:-
1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination or Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)
This a common exam based on General Studies, comprehension skill, verbal and
quantitative aptitude and communication skills.

2.Main Examination and Personal interview:-
*Those who qualify Preliminary round appear for Main examination.
*Those who qualify Main examination are called for Interview.
*The marks of Main examination and Interview are sum up to prepare the final merit list.
*The Main examination comprise of following papers.
*Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
*English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
*General Essay type paper (200 marks)
*General Studies(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
*Optional subject-I(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)
*Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II 300 marks each)

Interview:-300 marks.

The list of optional subject is as follow:-
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International Relations
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

So, you can choose any two subjects in which you have more interest..

All the best.
26th January 2012, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

way in which interview held . how to interact with interviewrs . how should we face interview?
29th December 2012, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

can you tell me the dates for the preliminary exam?
11th January 2016, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

What are the position that political science student who pass civil service examination hold
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?