3rd September 2010, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Gujarat State board curriculum is not at par with CBSE, so how to prepare for Engineering Entrance Exams and for Boards?

i am studying in std 11. I study gujarat state syllabus. I am here told that the syllabus is substandard compared to the cbse and other state board syllabi and it would be tough to crack aieee. Here in the schools only 20-25 pc of the 11th std portion is done which is enough for the 12th topics. they are now about to start 12th std syllabus. I achieved 89.38pc in std 10. So what should my course of action be now? How should i study these two very important years of my life (in terms of preparation for aieee as well as my board exams of 12th.)? Which books should i refer and what should the exact pattern of my preparation?

Related Questions:
  1. Should the board need to be changed after 10th from CBSE to Gujarat board as there are more seats available in Gujarat board for Engineering?
  2. Is it good to change board from CBSE to Kerala state while studying in 7th standard? -- [New]
  3. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  4. Which is better between Gujarat State Board and CBSE Board?
  5. Should I change board from CBSE to State Board if seeking to prepare for JEE?
  6. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  8. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE
  9. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  10. Should I transfer to Gujarat State Board from CBSE Board in Higher Secondary to get admission in B.Tech course? Number of seats reserved for CBSE students in B.Tech colleges of Gujarat?
  11. Is it better to transfer from MP Board to CBSE Board for 5th standard student?
  12. Which board to choose between Gujarat board and CBSE?
  13. Which board to choose between ICSE, CBSE and Gujarat State board?
  14. Which board is better for making career in engineering among CBSE and Gujarat board?
  15. Which should i choose among GSEB & CBSC in Gujarat?
  16. Is it a problem being a state board student?
  17. Which board is better between CBSE and Gujarat board for admission in medical college
  18. CBSE or Gujarat State Board, which one covers the format of JEE Mains? Whose priority is more at the time of admission at any engineering college in Gujarat?
5th September 2010, 10:49 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Gujarat State board curriculum is not at par with CBSE, so how to prepare for Engineering Entrance Exams and for Boards?

hi.
prepare ur subjects well.
maths and sc...
there are nt much difference....
u must prepoare well......

good luck.
5th September 2010, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Gujarat State board curriculum is not at par with CBSE, so how to prepare for Engineering Entrance Exams and for Boards?

To crack aieee the thing you need is to make systematic time table for yourself try to give equal watage to pcm and solve sample papers and last year question paper by arihant and other author try to solve a paper in or before 3 hrs,you may also join good institutes like bansal classes in kota or may join correspondance cources.
15th September 2010, 11:47 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Gujarat State board curriculum is not at par with CBSE, so how to prepare for Engineering Entrance Exams and for Boards?

See try to study whatever you can in your GUJRAT board syllabus which will inturn help you to clear out your basics for AIEEE. Yes for compeitive exams you have to prepare seperately . You can just stick with the board syllabus.

You have to study something out of the box to crack AIEEE and IITJEE. so make your basics clear first and then slowly move on to higher level
16th September 2010, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

i am presently in tenth standard and i am confused that in iit which field should i take??
26th November 2010, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

i am staying in gandhinagar(gujarat).now a days i am studying in std-9 cbse. after 9 th which board is oreffered for me. i want to go in techanical line through aieee exam
1st January 2011, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Everything is good. Without working hard eithe in Stae or Central board, difficult to get good score
5th May 2011, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

on which date is the result of 12th std ?
24th May 2011, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my son is weak in study, however he has managed to pass to X std. It is my feeling that whether he is able to pass in Xth std of State Sylabus or he may opt for CBSE in any other school by repeating the same std. 9th. Kindly advise.
15th June 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Gujarat State board curriculum is not at par with CBSE, so how to prepare for Engineering Entrance Exams and for Boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To crack aieee the thing you need is to make systematic time table for yourself try to give equal watage to pcm and solve sample papers and last year question paper by arihant and other author try to solve a paper in or before 3 hrs,you may also join good institutes like bansal classes in kota or may join correspondance cources.
bt wat if our parents dn wana sent us outside of gujarat????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?