7th September 2010, 01:53 PM
bhavya.1

Is MCA Correspondence from IGNOU valuable?

hi m a bca student graduated this year with 70%. i stay in rajasthan and cant afford to do my pg outstation but here the colleges are not so good infact the course they are teaching is also not upgraded. the college i did my graduation was autonomous so the course was still ok but it do not provide mca. i rely need suggestions about what should i do..is mca ignou+work-ex will b better then doing regular mca from any college just like that??
and what else can i do for a good career in it industry..is their any other course i can do??like i have been thinking about the fpgdst course by cdac??

Related Questions:
7th September 2010, 04:58 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is MCA Correspondence from IGNOU valuable?

Hi dear,
Who said that a graduate degree through correspondence is not valuable ? ... do MCA course from a recognised open university like IGNOU,

You can do MCA course from a recognised open university like IGNOU, Annamalai University, Madurai Kamaraj University etc.

One more thing go to http://www.dec.ac.in and you could find that Distance Education Council (DEC) approved distance learning courses are eligible for government jobs.

Indian corporates also accept distance learning degrees.

So do not lose your heart friend.

Please try these links:

Thapar University MCA : http://studyinindiainfo.com/2009/10/thap…

Guru Jambeshwar University : http://studyinindiainfo.com/2009/06/pgdc…

Anna University MCA : http://studyinindiainfo.com/2009/01/anna…

good luck...
7th September 2010, 10:15 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

IGNOU is a reputated college and any certificate either from distance learning or correspondance course..everything is valuable...So its never a bad iidea to do MCA correspondance from IGNOU university...Its absolutely valuable...
7th September 2010, 11:32 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Yes, off course MCA course of IGNOU through distance mode is highly valuable in India. IGNOU is one of the best university in India for pursuing education through distance mode.

The top level IT companies and consultancy firms like TCS, Wipro, IBM, Oracle etc offers great job opportunities to a candidate with an MCA degree from IGNOU.

Ater successful completion of MCA, you will be able to get jobs in different industries like software engineering and development, hardware and networking, research and development, services and application support, etc
8th September 2010, 04:47 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend ,

MCA correspondence from IGNOU is obviously valuable.you know that IGNOU is one of the best university in India. Not only in india it is famous in outer countries .

After your bachelor degree you would be or would not be able to collect a proper job suitable for you so after MAC you would be able to get different kind of jobs in different multinational companies like TCS,Infosys, Mahindra-SATYAM ,Wipro,Tech mahindra etc.

besides this if you have good marks and good speaking power in MCA then it also be better to you to get jobs quickly.

wish you all the best.

thanking you.......
8th September 2010, 01:53 PM
bhavya.1

thanx all for the valuable information...i would also like to know about cdac courses especially the fpgdsgt course. please extend your help.
8th September 2010, 10:22 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea of course it valuable. it's a good decision to do MCA and job at a time. because study will give you degree and work will give you experience. so you will get better opportunity than if you do only MCA. IGNOU is a very good university obviously you can take admission here for correspondence MCA. best of luck.
8th September 2010, 11:42 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is MCA Correspondence from IGNOU valuable?

dear friend

IGNOU is a very good university . of course you can do MCA from it.

along with that you can also go for a part time job.

after completion of MCA you will get chance to work with many reputed software companies as well as IT firms .

companies like TCS, INFOSYS, IBM, CTS are recruiting a number of students every year.

you can also apply for various govt. jobs like

BANKS

DEFENCE

UPSC

RAILWAY

AVIATION

all the best.
9th September 2010, 12:29 AM
tina toms

doing correspondance from ignou is a good choice.go for it..
9th September 2010, 02:28 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

no doubt, IGNOU is the top university for distance education.it is recognized worldwide.
it is founded by the parliament of India.it is the government body.its chancellor is the prime minister of India.

the value of the course which is taught in IGNOU is famous and recognized in India and abroad.so don't hesitate.you can join IGNOU.

also after doing this course you can join any software companies like TCS, TECHMAHINDRA,COGNIZANT etc.

good luck.
9th September 2010, 08:02 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

do not be confused. MCA degree from Ignou is recognized in the world.you are thinking

right to do MCA from ignou as well as to do job.In this way , you will complete your

master degree and you will get master degree.After doing MCA , you will be eligible to do

work as software engineer in various MNCs at handsome salary.

Best of luck
9th September 2010, 09:09 AM
nuzhat fathima

Hi,ignou is really a great,good and a valuable university.you must really move forward and opt the course which you are interested in.

ALL THE BEST
9th September 2010, 09:44 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Of course yes. Almost all the companies accept correspondence degrees especially from IGNOU. You can do a post graduate course from an open recognized university like IGNOU, Annamalai University etc.
9th September 2010, 09:50 AM
toraon

yess boss i do agree....and i had also joined IGNOU and doing MCA and job both at the same time.....so go for it ...dont waste the time
9th September 2010, 07:48 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavya.1 View Post
thanx all for the valuable information...i would also like to know about cdac courses especially the fpgdsgt course. please extend your help.
Hello Bhavya,
FPGDSGT is Full-time Post Graduate Diploma in advanced Software technology. The duration of this course is 1 year.
The course deals in the following module
Programming Fundamentals (PRGF)
Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science (MFCS)
Soft Skills(SSKL)
Systems and Networks (SNET)
Application Development using DBMS and WEB (ADWE)
Object-Oriented Analysis and Design & Software Engineering with Project (OOSP)
Machine Graded Programming Test (MGPT)

For further detail, please click here
11th September 2010, 12:39 AM
bhavya.1

Thanks to you all for your encouragement and support..all the information was really helpfull in choosing the right track.
13th September 2010, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

i am currently enrolled in Indraprastha University(regular) mcanew delhi.. their is also no problem about fee.. but still i am thinking about doing MCA IGNOU and side by side job also..
so please tell me which thing is better doing regular MCA fron IP OR doing MCA fron IGNOU any job experience??
pls make a comment
14th September 2010, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Pls help me that can i do MCA from IGNOU i have completed BCA with 76%. So if i wud go for MCA from IGNOU wud it be best for me that after doing MCA from IGNOU i will get Best job.
15th September 2010, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

shree

I have completed B.sc with very poor marks.now i would like to change my track by doing MCA from IGNOU.i am sure to make good result.bt will it be difficult to get job due to my bad b.sc result?
21st September 2010, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING MCA THROUGH CORRESPONDANCE COURSE AND WOULD LIKE TO WORK WHAT SOFTWARE JOBS AND HARDWARE JOBS CAN I TAKE UP TO GET A GOOD JOB BY THE TIME I FINISH MY MCA

USHA
29th September 2010, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi Myself Snehasish, a BCA graduate. Currently working as a software tester, If i will complete my MCA from distance education(SMU) am i eligible for the interview in IBM, WIPRO, TCS, INFOSYS????? Please help me its urgent
29th September 2010, 11:08 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Myself Snehasish, a BCA graduate. Currently working as a software tester, If i will complete my MCA from distance education(SMU) am i eligible for the interview in IBM, WIPRO, TCS, INFOSYS????? Please help me its urgent
Dear friend,
The correspondence course is very much beneficial for you guys, because you are already involve in a job in Software company, so you can't do regular course.

& you can also apply for the interview in various companies like IBM, WIPRO, TCS, INFOSYS etc.

They demand only meritorious student & you will have also some work experience then you will get benefit & chances of your selection will be increased.

You need not to be panicked, but try to do MCA from correspondence course.

good luck.
30th September 2010, 12:11 AM

30th September 2010, 12:58 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Yes correspondence MCA from IGNOU is valuable. If you scored good there you will get the same good job as a regular student get from any reputed orgnization. So don't worry about it, complete it frist with good percentage...
good luck!
30th September 2010, 02:11 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

see, MCA is a professional courses.

you will get valuation in professional courses if you do it either regular course.

or you can do it with your job.

so if you have already a degree, as well as a job. then MCA correspondence course will be good option for your bright career.

otherwise you will not get market value about your course.

all the best.........
30th September 2010, 06:47 AM
yogeshkumarsoni

Hi dear,
Who said that a graduate degree through correspondence is not valuable ? ... do MCA course from a recognised open university like IGNOU,

You can do MCA course from a recognised open university like IGNOU, Annamalai University, Madurai Kamaraj University etc.

One more thing go to http://www.dec.ac.in and you could find that Distance Education Council (DEC) approved distance learning courses are eligible for government jobs.

Please try these links:

good luck...
30th September 2010, 08:47 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

log on to the sites
30th September 2010, 12:16 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

MCA correspondence is very much valuable from IGNOU.
IGNOU is a very reputed and good university. it will be best for you to do correspondence MCA from IGNOU and same time to your job also to gain some work experience. it will help you to get a very good job later.
best of luck.
30th September 2010, 05:00 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
I want to tell you that it is government organization so the degree of IGNOU has same vulue as other university of regular courses so there is no doubt about this degree.After completing MCA you are eligible to apply in private company and software company.
so you can join.

all the best.
4th October 2010, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

How do i get admission to ignou for mca?
22nd October 2010, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Is MCA Correspondence from IGNOU valuable?

I have done BCA and MCA both from IGNOU with above 60% marks but top it companies doesn't consider my resume like TCS,Wipro,Accenture,IBM etc

i will suggest plz dont play with ur career. do course from regular university only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
dear friend

IGNOU is a very good university . of course you can do MCA from it.

along with that you can also go for a part time job.

after completion of MCA you will get chance to work with many reputed software companies as well as IT firms .

companies like TCS, INFOSYS, IBM, CTS are recruiting a number of students every year.

you can also apply for various govt. jobs like

BANKS

DEFENCE

UPSC

RAILWAY

AVIATION

all the best.
24th October 2010, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

I am a Science(Phy.Hons) graduate and I am pursuing MCA from IGNOU. I have not been able to complete my MCA within 3yrs and I still have some backlog to complete. I wanted to know whether my MCA degree will have any value if it is not completed within the minimum time? I am currently in 7th sem. Please reply me soon.
Thanking you.
27th October 2010, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Snehasish,
Sure you are eligible for the interview. I am a BCA graduate from IGNOU and pursuing MCA from IGNOU only and I am already employed at IBM.

Wish you good Luck

Regards

Junaid
31st October 2010, 10:09 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
Yes of course MCA through correspondence is valuable, but the value of it will shrink only to government sector not in the private sector. It's good for government jobs only.
thank you
1st November 2010, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR I AM DOING BCA FROM M.D.UNIVERSITY THROUGH DISTANCE IN 5TH SEM. PLZ TELL ME AFTER MY GRADUATION CAN I GO FOR IT INDUSTRY
1st November 2010, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Sure,MCA will help you to get more high opportunity no matter from where you have done it.The only thing you need to get a job is a good speaking skill and effective presentation.Once you get these two things,i bet,you can get anything what you dream of.All the Best for the Future.
10th November 2010, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Hi,

Is MCA Correspondence from IGNOU valuable?

From technical knowledge standpoint, yes it is valuable!!

If you are looking for Govt Jobs again it would hold you there for your eligibility but leaving a plethora of questions to be answered to the interviewers.

When it comes to a top rated companies, they are not taking people who completed their education through a Distance Education or correspondence mode. There have been lot of examples that IGNOU Graduates are working in the A rated organizations, but now these org are not taking IGNOU pass outs. To name a few such orgs TCS and Accentures. I believe even those who are into big companies having experience more than 5 years or so, are not being entertained there.

Unfortunately TCS is doing Project for IGNOU but they are not letting IGNOU graduates get into their organization(what an irony!!). this is a serious concern and IGNOU (and all other univ providing tech course through distance mode) should take strict measures and should roll out a communication against these companies for their non acceptance of Distance mode education
11th November 2010, 08:17 PM
Sneha1247

Hi!!!!
Ofcourse, definitely it is valuable to do MCA from IGNOU.
first of all i want to tell you that IGNOU provides MCA in the way of distance learning not a correspondence. There are 5 to 6 counselling sessions of each subject provided to MCA students to clear problems and also a practical classes for one month for each semester.And they always hire best faculties to thier students.

One more thing i would like to say that if you have a better technical skillls than it is secondary that where did your MCA have done from????

with best wishes!!!!
12th November 2010, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
shree

i have completed b.sc with very poor marks.now i would like to change my track by doing mca from ignou.i am sure to make good result.bt will it be difficult to get job due to my bad b.sc result?
hello,

success depends on present hard work but not on past successes or failures

try hard
4th January 2011, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

hi sir i m doing MCA from IGNOU .please suggest which langauge is use in currently in softawre development field and also mention
the institute for specialization in DELHI. SHAILESH
6th January 2011, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Ignou is good institution for study, if you are not able to study in regular university. There is less fee compare to regular, that can be affordable by poor people. but If you are able to pay the regular university fees then. I will prefer to regular university. because some big MNC doesnt like Distance edu.
11th January 2011, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Look Do not take Advice from those who dont knw any thing abt dis !!!

MCA from IGNOU(it is National Open University for Distance Education) approved by AICTE(ALL India Council for Technical Education)
Also a normal OR Regular degree is also Approved by AICTE.

If IGNOU MCA would have been useless, then y would have AICTE would have approved it ???

Soo, Nothing to worry, Work hard Improve your Practical Skills, what dat is the only thing Comapnies Req.

All DA BEST (^_^)
5th March 2011, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

hi myself Ismail, i completed 12th 4 years back..due to financial background i stopped my studies..!now im interested in continuing my studies but im working...so if i apply for correspondence course in B.com at Kanpur University or Tamil nadu open state university..is it eligilble for companies like accenture, wipro etc., plss help me out which is better..as im poor in financial..do the needful

Thanks in Advance
Ismail
7th March 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Hi all.
All mentioned things are greatly appritiated. Means u all r saying that dist edu -- MCA from IGNOU is good enough , if u hav work experience. but do big MNC's really grant this degree? I have completed my Bsc.IT in 2010. Currently I am working as a Software Engineer. But I want post graduation degree. So, I am thinking for correspondence mca from IGNOU. Will it worth for me. Please advise me. It would greatly appritiated. Thanks in advanse
27th March 2011, 01:16 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -

Please try these links:

Anna University MCA : http://studyinindiainfo.com/2009/01/anna.
Thanks
All the best.
22nd May 2011, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

sir, i m doing mca from ignou and want to do diploma course.is it possible to do correspondence and regular course at the same time?
thanx
13th June 2011, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

which is the best university for mca regular in pune
14th June 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have done o'level and a;level from doeacc, so that i can get any extenstion in ignou mca course
18th June 2011, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BCA with 79% in an autonomous college(Orissa).now i am getting confused what to do.Everyone is telling MCA is having no career and future.so what should i do.plz help me.
12th July 2011, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

hello,
I want to do correspondence MCA.Plz tel me which university is best and for better job opportunity which practical courses should be done with correspondence MCA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?