11th September 2010, 06:03 PM
dgsuraj

How to become a commercial pilot after b.tech.?

A big hi to my dear & officials who read this message...I'm suraj doing b.tech 3rd year in an reputed university.My aim is to become a commercial pilot from my childhood.i do attend cat training class.can u please tellme a way...

13th September 2010, 06:26 PM
swati123

Default Re: How to become a commercial pilot after b.tech.?

Well Suraj, you deserve to be lauded for your academic excellence as well as adventurous spirit. Anyway, getting down to the real business of fulfilling your childhood dream, there is some serioud preparation you will need to make...and this includes obtaining licenses like the Student Pilot License and Private Pilot License followed by the Commercial Pilot License. For detailed information, please follow the link http://career.webindia123.com/career/options/travel_tourism/commercial_pilot/intro.htm

My very best wishes for a bright future.
13th September 2010, 07:57 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To become a commercial pilot, One needs to have completed the +2 level of education with Science. You will have to register yourself with a flying club approved by Directorate General of Civil Aviation. After qualifying the exam at the flying club, you will get the student pilot license. After completion of 60hrs. of flying, you will be eligible to apply for the Private pilot license.
A minimum of 250hrs. of flying is required to apply for commercial pilot license.
The examinations at every level comprises of tests which deals in subjects like Air Regulations, Aviation Meteorology, Air Navigation, Engine, Planning, and communications.
13th September 2010, 08:43 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

With sky as the limit and strong desire to soar high, being a pilot is the right thing to be in. Aviation Industry in India is one of the fastest growing Industry in the world, even faster then Film Industry. This is booming in India with so many airlines and vacancies opening up, and it is not suprising that many youngsters are opting to take off and become pilot. A bright future awaits for those aspiring to become a pilot.

And at present this field is become so highly competetive that we can find Best Engineers, science graduates, and even army personels.

There are various Exams and phases which student must clear before one can starts flying aircraft or to be promoted to a senior level Pilot.

Steps and Phases one have to pass before becoming a Pilot.

Student Pilot License (SPL): It is an exam conducted by most of flying clubs. It cobers theoretical papers on subjects like- Air Regulations, Air Navigation etc. (Pilot Aptitude Test).

Eligibility: Candidate must be at least 16 years of age and must have passed 10th. A medical certificate of fitness, security clearance and a bank guarantee if Rs. 10,000/- are required.

Selection: Candidates taking SPL test have to appear in an Oral examination on a fixed day every month and go through Medical test. Air force Central Medical Established (AFCME), New Delhi and Institute of Aviation Medicine (IAM), Banglore are the Final Authorities for Medical Fitness (As per Ministry of Civil Aviation). After medical clearance the student get the SPL . Apart from Medical test student also have to clear Pilot Aptitude test.

Private Pilot License (PPL): After acquiring SPL students will proceed towards PPL for the intial flying training. A Teacher/Instructor will be there to teach you the Practical aspects of flying a Aircraft.
Eligibility: 10+2 and Meidcal fitness certificate from AFCME or IAM.

Selection (Theory Exam): Total 60 hrs. of flying is needed , of which 20 hrs. minimum should be SOLO and 5 hrs. cross the country.
A Theory exam will be conducted before awading the PPL. Subjects will be same as discussed above, but will be of high standard and different syllabus.

Commercial Pilot License (CPL): A student can get his/her CPL after completing flying training of about 129 hours. to complete 250 hours of flying.

Eligibility: 12th pass with at least 60% aggregate and must also have studied Mathematics and Physics, means science students. Candidate must also have PPL with at least flying experience of 3 years. Age should be 18-30 years and a Medical Clearance must be obtained from AFCME or IAM.

Selection (Written Exam): A test in subjects Air Navigation, Air Meteorology, Air regulation, Technical and Planing. These exams are conducted 6 times in a year. At least of flying experience of 250 hours of which (150 hours of SOLO, 25 hours of Cross Country, 10 hours of Instrument flying and 5 hours of night flying) is also required .
After a CPL one can build up more flying hours, Login 750 hours of flying time, clear the other requisite papers and acquire a Senior Commercial Pilot License.
Salary Matter: After acquiring a CPL one will get as a Trainee/Co-Pilot with a salary of 70,000 - 1,20,000 per Month, depending upon company. Previously even Co-Pilots get starting pay package of 12 Lacs/ Annum but it has been reduce because of recent financial back log faced by Aviation Industry.

Where as in Government Airlines company one can get 15,000 – 20,000 per month (Excluding all accommodations and grade pay etc).
After Co-Pilot a Normal Pilot can expect 1,50,000 – 1,70,000 per month. Where as in Government Airlines company one can get 20,000 – 35,000 per month (Excluding all accommodations and grade pay etc).
Where as a Senior Commercial Pilot License holder can claim anything bet ween 2 Lacs – 4 Lacs and even 5 – 7 LAcs for International Airline companies and depending upon experience.

PPL (Avionics) holders generally specialize in Helichopter flying, and they get paid in hour basis. However salary is lower then Aircraft flyers.
SPL, is nothing but 1st step towards career in Aviation as a Pilot.

So, weather you are a Engineer or scientist procedure is same for all.

Regards

~Faiyaz~
13th September 2010, 10:27 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

To become a commercial pilot, aspirants need to join Air flying schools.

Educational Qualification: The minimum educational qualification required for this purpose is that the candidate should pass the 10+2 exam with physic, chemistry, math. Minimum marks should be 50%.

Training Institutes: Some of the flying schools providing training in flying are:

# Karnal Aviation Club, Kunjpura Road, Karnal, Haryana
# Government Flying Club, Aerodrome, Lucknow
# School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club Ltd, New Delhi
# State Civil Aviation, UP Govt Flying Training Center Kanpur and Varanasi
# Rajasthan State Flying School, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur

Selection procedure: They need to clear the entrance test exam of the flying schools in India, they also need to clear the physical fitness (Which is tough one). Only totally fit person can get opportunity to get admission in flying schools.

After successful completion of training periods they are posted as pilot.
13th September 2010, 10:49 PM
Pritam Kalyan Chakraborty

www.hellogiri.com/how-to-become-commercial-pilot-in-india-salary-career-scope-of-pilot/
U must visit this site once to know .
13th September 2010, 11:15 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

It is a very good choice as the Aviation Industry is one of the fastest growing Industries in India ,

but according to me as you are a student of B.Tech,then you should go for M.Tech for higher studies to increase your experience as well as knowledge in your base subject.

However ,as you are kin interested in Pilot,then it is no problem ,there are so many chance for kissing the sky.

1:Commercial Pilot License (CPL): you can achieve your CPL degree after a flying training of about 125-130 hours

Eligibility:
i)You should pass the 12th with at least 60% aggregate.

ii) you should pass the 12th with the science subjects such as Mathematics and Physics etc....

iii)You will be given the higher priority if you have more or less 3yrs experience in Aviation.
iv)You will be selected through the written test on Air Navigation, Air regulation, Technical and Planing etc...

2:Student Pilot License (SPL): For this there are some criteria.
Eligibility:
i)You have to pass 10th.
ii)your age should not be greater than 16.
iii)there may need Rs. 10,000/- as security money.
iv)you will be selected through the entrance exam on Air Regulations, Air Navigation etc...

3:Private Pilot License (PPL):After the SPL you can join PPL through the entrance exam as well as minimum 60 hrs. of flying.

4:PPL in Avionics the PPL holders generally supposed in Helicopter flying who are join as Avionics.

Good luck.
14th September 2010, 08:34 AM
meeria

dear friend

Commercial Pilot Courses Eligibility Criteria

For admission to the Commercial Pilot Courses offered by various institutes, applicants are required to pass 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in Math and Physics.

Age limit

17 years is the minimum age limit

Institutions offering Commercial Pilot Courses are bellow ...........

# Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore
# Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Indore
# Flytech Aviation Academy,
# Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneshwar.
# Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
# Gujarat Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Baroda
# Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur
# Ludhiana Aviation Club, Civil Aerodrome, Ludhiana

best of luck
14th September 2010, 08:56 AM
syedirshadameen

Again you should apply for national defence academy NDA-1 exam to become poilet.
14th September 2010, 05:22 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
u must be registerd as a commwercial piolot ..
u can see the site for more details..
www.hellogiri.com/how-to-become-commercial-pilot-in-india-salary-career-scope-of-pilot/

good luck.
2nd February 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

how is Rajive Gandhi avation acamdemy hyderabad
6th February 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: How to become a commercial pilot after b.tech.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgsuraj View Post
A big hi to my dear & officials who read this message...I'm suraj doing b.tech 3rd year in an reputed university.My aim is to become a commercial pilot from my childhood.i do attend cat training class.can u please tellme a way...
friend my name is uday i was also intrested in same crouse if u get any idea plz say me........... and meet u after becoming pilot...... good luck..... bey
19th February 2011, 11:05 AM
smruti prasad das

For admission to the Commercial Pilot Courses offered by various institutes, applicants are required to pass 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% marks in Math and Physics provide that u will also secure 60% marks in english.

Age limit

17 years is the minimum age limit

Institutions offering Commercial Pilot Courses are bellow

>Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore
> Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Indore
> Flytech Aviation Academy,
> Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Bhubaneshwar.
> Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
> Gujarat Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Baroda
> Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur
> Ludhiana Aviation Club, Civil Aerodrome, Ludhiana

best of luck
20th March 2011, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

is it true that the training institutes in India are not preferred as much as compared to outside world?
4th April 2011, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

what is the minimum finance to get a commercial pilot license
2nd May 2011, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

i do have a strong willingness to b a pilot..m a 3rd b.tech student..but is it wise to switch over to aviation...i mean can i expect financial stability and groth in the future..?..plzzz help..will b grateful 4 ur answer..
2nd May 2011, 11:30 AM
SAURAV1990

m a 3rd yr b.tech student(currently having no idea in aviation world)..i do have a strong willingness..4 being a pilot..but would it b wise to shift over to aviation..i mean ..can i expect financial growth and stability in future..plzz help..will be grateful 4 ur reply...
22nd June 2011, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

what is the salary of deck cadet in India of merchant navy?
12th July 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

need the information about pilot training institutes and their entrance xam details,fees,placementsand the salaries we get after the completion of the course?and how many years will be the course?
26th September 2011, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

i want to become a commercial pilot in andhrapradesh & what is the present salary positions of pilot in india..?
17th October 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

hiiiii frndz plz tell me d way of becoming a commercial pilot after completing BTech.
24th April 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Hi,I am a Mechanical Engineer & I am 30 Years old now, my life time aspiration is to become a commercial pilot, can I become a commercial pilot now at this age?
15th January 2013, 07:39 PM
denwer1

With sky as the limit and strong desire to soar high, being a pilot is the right thing to be in. Aviation Industry in India is one of the fastest growing Industry in the world, even faster then Film Industry. This is booming in India with so many airlines and vacancies opening up, and it is not suprising that many youngsters are opting to take off and become pilot. A bright future awaits for those aspiring to become a pilot.

And at present this field is become so highly competetive that we can find Best Engineers, science graduates, and even army personels.

There are various Exams and phases which student must clear before one can starts flying aircraft or to be promoted to a senior level Pilot.

Steps and Phases one have to pass before becoming a Pilot.

Student Pilot License (SPL): It is an exam conducted by most of flying clubs. It cobers theoretical papers on subjects like- Air Regulations, Air Navigation etc. (Pilot Aptitude Test).

Eligibility: Candidate must be at least 16 years of age and must have passed 10th. A medical certificate of fitness, security clearance and a bank guarantee if Rs. 10,000/- are required.

Selection: Candidates taking SPL test have to appear in an Oral examination on a fixed day every month and go through Medical test. Air force Central Medical Established (AFCME), New Delhi and Institute of Aviation Medicine (IAM), Banglore are the Final Authorities for Medical Fitness (As per Ministry of Civil Aviation). After medical clearance the student get the SPL . Apart from Medical test student also have to clear Pilot Aptitude test.

Private Pilot License (PPL): After acquiring SPL students will proceed towards PPL for the intial flying training. A Teacher/Instructor will be there to teach you the Practical aspects of flying a Aircraft.
Eligibility: 10+2 and Meidcal fitness certificate from AFCME or IAM.

Selection (Theory Exam): Total 60 hrs. of flying is needed , of which 20 hrs. minimum should be SOLO and 5 hrs. cross the country.
A Theory exam will be conducted before awading the PPL. Subjects will be same as discussed above, but will be of high standard and different syllabus.

Commercial Pilot License (CPL): A student can get his/her CPL after completing flying training of about 129 hours. to complete 250 hours of flying.

Eligibility: 12th pass with at least 60% aggregate and must also have studied Mathematics and Physics, means science students. Candidate must also have PPL with at least flying experience of 3 years. Age should be 18-30 years and a Medical Clearance must be obtained from AFCME or IAM.

Selection (Written Exam): A test in subjects Air Navigation, Air Meteorology, Air regulation, Technical and Planing. These exams are conducted 6 times in a year. At least of flying experience of 250 hours of which (150 hours of SOLO, 25 hours of Cross Country, 10 hours of Instrument flying and 5 hours of night flying) is also required .
After a CPL one can build up more flying hours, Login 750 hours of flying time, clear the other requisite papers and acquire a Senior Commercial Pilot License.
Salary Matter: After acquiring a CPL one will get as a Trainee/Co-Pilot with a salary of 70,000 - 1,20,000 per Month, depending upon company. Previously even Co-Pilots get starting pay package of 12 Lacs/ Annum but it has been reduce because of recent financial back log faced by Aviation Industry.

Where as in Government Airlines company one can get 15,000 – 20,000 per month (Excluding all accommodations and grade pay etc).
After Co-Pilot a Normal Pilot can expect 1,50,000 – 1,70,000 per month. Where as in Government Airlines company one can get 20,000 – 35,000 per month (Excluding all accommodations and grade pay etc).
Where as a Senior Commercial Pilot License holder can claim anything bet ween 2 Lacs – 4 Lacs and even 5 – 7 LAcs for International Airline companies and depending upon experience.

PPL (Avionics) holders generally specialize in Helichopter flying, and they get paid in hour basis. However salary is lower then Aircraft flyers.
SPL, is nothing but 1st step towards career in Aviation as a Pilot.

So, weather you are a Engineer or scientist procedure is same for all.

26th January 2013, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

m doing btec i want to leave it...i have to do avation,,>>what is the procedure???
11th February 2013, 05:13 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

If you are interested to become a commercial pilot then, min requirement is 12th pass with Physics & Maths..After that
1. Clear DGCA class 2 medical and get your File Number.
2. Take initial ground class for an experienced instructor.
3. Choose a good flight training school in USA, Canada, New Zealand (other than India) and take admission
4.Fly and log min of 200 hrs
5.Clear theory & flying exams and get your CPL
Being a Pilot I suggest you not to contact any agents or consultancy..Do not waste your money on them..You can directly join the flight schools for your CPL training, according to me if you look at the price, time and hours USA is the best place for training
Training cost depend on the country & school you select,
In USA the cost will be 16-22 lakh, duration 6 - 8 months, 250 hours
In New Zealand it will be 19-25 lakh, duration 1 year, 200 hours
In India the same course will be around 28 - 30 lakh, duration 2 - 3 years, only 200 hours..

Hope this might have helped you
1st January 2014, 10:57 AM
akhilreddybandi

hi to my dear & officials who read this message...I'm akhil doing b.tech first year in mechanical.My aim is to become a commercial pilot from my childhood.can u please tellme a way...
29th January 2016, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Hey there.... I'm Jigmee Choden Tamang, well I've completed diploma in civil and right now I'm pursuing B-Tech 'civil' in 2nd year. as everyone I've also a dream, a dream to see myself in a pilot outfit &I not just for the outlook but for also taking responsibility of the thousands of passengers. so all I need is a help from you. Thank You
4th February 2021, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Hi .iam lokesh iam studying betech 1st year my dream isto become a pilot so is there any way for becoming for pilot after a normal betech if anyone knows please give suggestions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?