5th October 2011, 02:23 AM
krunaltawade08

Does any of the UPSC Exam contain the syllabus of CSE?

I am doing my engineering in Computer Science and Egineering.I am in 3rd year.I want to prepare and appear for UPSC exams after completing my degree.I want to know that can i get any subjects related to my branch in appearing for ANY OF THE UPSC exam(IAS,IFS,IES,IIS).If there is any such possibility then please convey me the earliest and guide me for the same.I would be very much thankful to you.Please help me in sorting out my queries.Thank you

5th October 2011, 01:01 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Does any of the UPSC Exam contain the syllabus of CSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krunaltawade08 View Post
I am doing my engineering in Computer Science and Egineering.I am in 3rd year.I want to prepare and appear for UPSC exams after completing my degree.I want to know that can i get any subjects related to my branch in appearing for ANY OF THE UPSC exam(IAS,IFS,IES,IIS).If there is any such possibility then please convey me the earliest and guide me for the same.I would be very much thankful to you.Please help me in sorting out my queries.Thank you
Very good decision that you have decided to take up exams that will fetch you promising career in the Government sector.

As you have Inquired about the existence of your computer science subject in the syllabus of UPSC Exams.

yeah I have few details about your query.
see first of all I want to tell you about exams which are been conducted by UPSC.
top priority of every job aspirant is civil service examination.
the main idea to write this examination for sure is to get any of the civil service as you have mentioned above.

i.e., like IAS IPS IFS etc.,
yeah to get any of the 23 civil services you have to clear a common entrance examination called Civil Service examination.

this exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year.
This exam is highly noted as a top tough examination.
this selection exam is consisting of lengthy procedure.

all the students who completed their 21 years of age and the students who has completed their degree are eligible to write this examination.

Only one bad news for you is there will be no optional subject in mains paper which is a level 2 selection exam of the civil service exam.
so you have to compromise any other subject from the list of optionals .

but many of the CS/IT students have already proved their stamina in the most prestigious civil service exam. So its not a difficult task for you too.

fur further details of this examination just log on to the official website of UPSC.
Don't worry I'll provide the web link to view that site JustClick here

For engineering student to work in their core department one have a chance to appear in Indian Engineering services.
for this an exam is conducted by UPSC, i.e., IES Exam.

for this only b.tech students who have completed in this year or going to be completed in the next year are eligible and previous are eligible upto their age limit.

ISS is also a separate exam for statistical services by commerce or finance students this exam is conducted by UPSC based on the posts which are vacated and available to be filled.

its your choice now to select an exam and get prepared for it.

for any further doubts you can contact us in this forum we will be happy to help you.

Regards
5th October 2011, 02:25 PM
K.Bala Kishore

Default Re: Does any of the UPSC Exam contain the syllabus of CSE?

hi friend,

INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE (IES) comes under UPSC

it contains subject of COMPUTER ENGINEERING(ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING).
5th October 2011, 05:01 PM
sidbond

Bad luck friend, but the UPSC does not recognize Computer science and engineering as a core subject for the optional paper in UPSC.
Nor is it a subject in any entrance test by the Govt.of India. like the IES, IFS etc.

So you'll have to study other subjects for Civil services preparation.
10th January 2012, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I am pradip students of M.C.A Ist year. I request to you I can Attem the IES Exam?
19th January 2012, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

wat is the syllabus for 2012 upsc engineering xmination
13th February 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Is MCA Student is eligible for IES Examination ?
13th March 2012, 03:43 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

to get any of the 23 civil services you have to clear a common entrance examination called Civil Service examination.this exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year.
This exam is highly noted as a top tough examination.
this selection exam is consisting of lengthy procedure.the students who completed their 21 years of age and the students who has completed their degree are eligible to write this examination.Only one bad news for you is there will be no optional subject in mains paper which is a level 2 selection exam of the civil service exam.so you have to compromise any other subject from the list of optionals . many of the CS/IT students have already proved their stamina in the most prestigious civil service exam. So its not a difficult task for you too.fur further details of this examination just log on to the official website of UPSC.
good luck
13th March 2012, 11:31 PM
Dexter_Morgan

Dear friend,
UPSC conducts CSAT exam for civil services every year.This exam is conducted to select candidates for civil services like IAS,IPS,IFS.

If you want to become a IAS,IPS officer then you have to appear for CSAT exam.BAsic requirement for civil service exam is that you should be a graduate in any stream and you should be physically fit.

Eligibility for CSAT:

1.You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and not more than 30 years of age,33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs

2.Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

3.You should have a graduate degree from any college which is recognized by UGC, or possess an equivalent qualification.

4.If you are in the final semester or have taken their final degree exam but are awaiting the results can also appear for the IPS Preliminary examination provided they furnish their proof of degree while filling the Mains form.

Procedure is follows:

There will be two written exam and after that interviews will be there .All three are elimination round.You have to perform good in all three rounds.

From last year some changes have been done to increase the efficiency of the exam. In new pattern
give special emphasize on the aptitude skills and decision making skills of the participating candidates.
1.In pre exam two papers will be there,each of two hours a) General studies and b)Optional subject.Objective type questions will be asked.

2.Main paper comprises of 9 papers,each of three hours.One of the Indian languages,2 papers on general studies ,2 papers on option-1 and 2 papers on optional-2.

3. In the end interview will be there.Interview will be of 5-7 hrs.

4.Merit list will be out.

Following things will be in paper:

Comprehension
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision-making and Problem-solving
General Mental Ability (GMA)
Data Interpretation

Important dates:

1.The prelims will be held around May-June.

2.The main written examination usually takes place in Oct-Nov.

3.Interview will take place in the month of April-May.

best of lk..
14th November 2012, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

I have done my B.Tech from cse then whether i can give IES exam? is ies is for cse branch students.
15th November 2012, 04:58 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
In U.P.S.C exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

In prelims exam:-
> General Studies
> Civil Services Aptitude Test

In mains exam:-
> > General Studies
> > Two optional subject chose by you.

List of option subject:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

For kore detail log to wwww.upsc.gov.in
25th December 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of cse how can i prepare for ies EXAMINATION
25th December 2012, 06:06 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Good Question.
The UPSC exam is held in two phases,first Prelimsthen Mainsand in mains the exam consist of subjects from your graduation degree so YES you will get some help to score good rank in the Exam as you will get questions from your course also..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?