8th October 2011, 01:29 AM
PRATAP SINGH mah

Which are the appropriate subjects for IAS Exam? How to prepare for IAS Exam?

sir i want to prepare for Ias EXam
which subject is appropriate in your advice for mains and how will i prepare for pre exam

8th October 2011, 07:13 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the appropriate subjects for IAS Exam? How to prepare for IAS Exam?

You did not mention your stream which you have gone through in your graduation course. Without knowing this, I can not suggest you the appropriate optional subjects or IAS Exam.

For IAS, one have to crack civil services examiantion being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The selection procedure is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

One have to qualify in CSAT Exam. Then only he will be allowed to appear for Main Examination. Choose the optional subjects for Main Exam in accordance with the subjects which you have gone through in your graduation study.

The upcoming civil services examination is going to be conducted on 20-05-2012.

If you are interested, you can appear for this examination. Try to have good preparation prior to the exam and crack the exam.

Here is the official website of UPSC which conduct civil services examination. Check this website for updated information on civil services examination.
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
8th October 2011, 09:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the appropriate subjects for IAS Exam? How to prepare for IAS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRATAP SINGH mah View Post
sir i want to prepare for Ias EXam
which subject is appropriate in your advice for mains and how will i prepare for pre exam

Dear friend,

Best optional subjects for IAS Exam:-

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancyy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength . Because this is dependable to you.

Those subject in bold in word are score able.

Thanks
21st October 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

sir,i want to prepare OAS Exam .How many times requird to prepare?
Which subject is appropriate in your advice for mains and how will i prepare for pre-exam.
30th October 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

hi i am sonali patra i want to prepare the ias exam.
i read i 3 1styear hon(botany).maine kaise optional subject chun sakti hu with botany honours.is exam me english kitini important hai aur kya kya karna padti hai mujhe jana hai plz plz mujhe bataye mobile number 7894250591 plz call me.
11th November 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing civil engineering,,,,,,,plz help me out which are the appropriate subjects for IAS exam.....plz plz...
7th December 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir I,m a math graduate,a Bank po in rrb.How can I prepare for IAS?Can I get a leave of one month for sitting in IAS main.
10th January 2012, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

i'm studying pharmacy shall i become an IAS officer and piz tell in detail wat are mains and prelims
15th January 2012, 10:26 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

IAS(Indian Administrative Services) exam is conducted by UPSC(union public service commission).

* Candidates should be the citizen of India.
* Candidates should complete graduation from recognized university.
* You should have age limit within 21 to 30 years.
* For OBC category age limit 21 to 33 years
* For SC/ST category age limit 21 to 35 years.
* Final year candidates can also appear for this exam.

Attempts:

* For general - 4 attempts
* For OBC - 7 attempts
* For SC/ST - No limit

Procedure:

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main Exam
3. Interview

Subjects:

1. History
2. Indian Politics
3. English
4. Geography
5. Law
6. Physics
7. Chemistry
8. Botany
9. Zoology

Best wishes
7th February 2012, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i am b.tech in comp science engg 2ndy year i am prepare I A S exam which book flow
7th February 2012, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

sir i am b.tech 2nd year cse student how to i am prepare IAS exam
20th February 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want to know how many times a S.C candidate can give the IAS exam
12th March 2012, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am b.com (computer application) 3rd year student. i want to know which subjects are appropriate for me to crack an IAS exam.
13th March 2012, 01:32 AM
TrinityKiller

dear friend,it depends what subjects you are good at.you have not mentioned your stream also but however some of the important subjects for IAS are indian history,international affairs,geography,economics,,political science ,english ,ecologyetc.
28th March 2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

i m integratedMCA(2ndyr).i want to know which subjects are appropriate for me to crack an Ias exam
1st April 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

how to apply OAS ?
29th April 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

sir,I am going to appear OAS exam in math from where I can get my study materials.
11th May 2012, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir,I am Mihir Kumar Das.Simple graduate So I need your help for preparetion of IAS Exam.my self.Plz help me my Mo.No. is 9778797993
22nd May 2012, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i m student of electronics and tele-communication (B.E) . so please kindly suggest me that how should i prepare crack IAS exam .
8th June 2012, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I am doing my bbm 2yr.and i dont have touch abt the subject which you have mentioned above expect management.now could you pls help me out in sceleting a best subject in which i can achive my ambition and become IAS off pls accept my request and reply me as soon as possible. il be waiting for your reply.Thank you sir..
8th June 2012, 08:17 PM
lakshmi dhana

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology , History , Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations , Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy y.
You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .In Interview, you will be posed Questions from the following categories
-Self Introduction
-Academic Details
-Hobbies and Achievements
-Questions on your Projects and Internships
-Questions on your previous work experience (if any)
-Questions on administration terminology
-Questions regarding recent happenings in administration sector.
So, try to be strong enough with these aspects to give a good performance in the Interview.
Make sure that you will be able toanswer any kind of questions which will be posed on the basis of your resume that you will submit.

So, don't waste this crucial time and start preparing for the Interview.
If you are not strong enough in communication skills, try to be strong enough in this area by thetime you appear for Interview.
8th June 2012, 10:43 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

IAS stands for Indian Adminstration Service. This exam conducted by the union public service commission once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:

the candidate should be citizen of india.

The candidate educational qualification is complete the graduation from any recognized university.

The final year candidates are eligible.

There is no minimum percentage required.

The candidate age limit should be 21 to 30 years.

3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for sc/st candidates.

4 attempts for general category and 7 attempts for obc category.

There is no limit of attempts for sc/st candidates.

Both male and female candidates are eligible.

Selection process:

CSAT preliminary exam

main exam

interview

Optional Subjects for IAS exam:

Economics

Electrical Engineering

Geology

Geography

History

Law

Mathematics

Mechanical Engineering

Medical science

Philosophy

Physics

Political Science and International Relations

Psychology

Public Adminstration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry and veterinary Science

Anthropology

Botany

Chemistry

Civil Engineering

Commerce and Accountancy

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
5th December 2012, 07:28 PM
ashis.career

You did not mention your stream which you have gone through in your graduation course. Without knowing this, I can not suggest you the appropriate optional subjects or IAS Exam.

For IAS, one have to crack civil services examiantion being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

The selection procedure is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

One have to qualify in CSAT Exam. Then only he will be allowed to appear for Main Examination. Choose the optional subjects for Main Exam in accordance with the subjects which you have gone through in your graduation study.

The upcoming civil services examination is going to be conducted on 20-05-2012.

If you are interested, you can appear for this examination. Try to have good preparation prior to the exam and crack the exam.

Here is the official website of UPSC which conduct civil services examination. Check this website for updated information on civil services examination.
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
16th January 2013, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Sir,I m a student of B.Sc ( agri) please help me in choosing subjects from dis stream n how many subjects to choose n study material for the subject.
18th January 2013, 12:03 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

IAS Exam stands for Indian Administrative Service.

You will have to crack three stages to pass Civil Services Exam i.e.

>> Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)

>> Mains Exam

>> Personal Interview

Examination Pattern of Mains Exam is:

For appearing in Mains Exam, you will have to choose Optional Subjects which are mentioned here:

Upcoming Civil Services Exam will be conducted on 19 May 2013.

And Notifications along with Online Applications will be released on 2 February 2013.
2nd February 2013, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

sir! i'm b.arch student,how should i prepare for ias exam and which subject should i select?
7th February 2013, 07:45 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Best optional subjects for IAS Exam:-

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancyy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength . Because this is dependable to you.

Those subject in bold in word are score able.

Thanks
13th June 2013, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

How many subjects should i have to choose for entrance test c.s.a.t. ?
I am a science student ,,doing bsc (nono medical)...and please tell me the best subject which help me to crack ias exam...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?