10th October 2011, 01:34 AM
shiffali kapila

Which subjects should I opt for after completion of 10th having interest to join Indian Navy?

Sir,
Am student of 10th and i want to perseu in Indian NAVY. so can you please suggest me which subjects should i opt for it. And what should i do after +2.Please help me.

10th October 2011, 07:40 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I opt for after completion of 10th having interest to join Indian Navy?

One can join Indian Navy by cracking NDA Exam. This NDA Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year. Not only for Navy, one can also join for Army wing and Air Force wing through this NDA Exam.

Here is the eligibility criteria for NDA Exam to join Indian Navy.

Academic Qualification :
-You have to complete your 12th from a recognized institute with Maths and Physics as the compulsory subjects.
-Candidates who are in the final year of 12th can also appear for NDA Exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

So, make sure that you are going to opt for the stream in 12th in which there are Mathematics and Physics as the subjects.

Here is the official website of UPSC. Visit this site to know updated information regarding NDA Exam.
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
10th October 2011, 07:47 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which subjects should I opt for after completion of 10th having interest to join Indian Navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiffali kapila View Post
Sir,
Am student of 10th and i want to perseu in Indian NAVY. so can you please suggest me which subjects should i opt for it. And what should i do after +2.Please help me.
Which subjects should I opt for after completion of 10th having interest to join Indian Navy?

NDA Exam is best for joining indian army .you can join in navy,air force and Army wings through this exam.

The eligibility criteria for NDA exam are as follows :
  • AGE- Between 16.5 to 19 years
  • Educational Qualfication- Must have either passed or appearing in class 12th exam with physics and maths as cumpulsory subjects.
  • Nationality- Only Unmarried Indian Candidates are allowed
  • For latest updates about NDA , please visit the official website -http://www.upsc.gov.in

With Regards
rchauhan294
10th October 2011, 11:25 AM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which subjects should I opt for after completion of 10th having interest to join Indian Navy?

Sir,
if you want to join indian navy , then you must have to choose PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATHS in 12th standard.
and also you must have to pass it with minimum 60%.
these are the minimum eligibility requirement for apply in NDA exam, conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
the age limit for NDA exam is 16.5-19.
this exam is only for unmarried males.
girls are not eligible for appear in this exam.
10th October 2011, 06:14 PM
tejesh_09

To join Indian Navy you should pursue your study in science subject with Math, Physics and chemistry in 12th level and during your study you should prepare your self for NDA entrance exam and on cracking NDA you may get a chance for joining not only in Indian Navy but also in Army and Air Force.
During Your school and 12th level you should join NCC and obtained various certificates through appearing in various exam in NCC which will add to your qualification at the time of joining Navy.
10th October 2011, 09:15 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Which subjects should I opt for after completion of 10th having interest to join Indian Navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiffali kapila View Post
Sir,

How To Join Indian Navy

In order to join the Indian Navy..you need to clear the National Defense Academy (NDA) exam..

In order to join the Indian Navy..you should take Science stream in 11th with Physics,Chemistry and Maths..

Eligibility Criteria :-

In order to appear for the NDA exam you should fulfill the following criterion :-

1) You should be a 12th pass-out with PCM as your subjects..

2) You should be within the age limit of 16.5-19 years

Apart from these..you should be physically fit and should have a perfect eyesight..you should be colorblind either..

The minimum acceptable height for the Indian Navy is 155 cm..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
23rd November 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i finished 10th last year i whould like to join indian navy i should be elgible or not . in case i should be elgible means how to prepare to face the exam.pleace give me a sagition sir.
24th November 2011, 01:08 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to join in Indian Navy then after 10th you can go for science field in 12th..

After completion of 12th in science (PCM) field with 60% aggregate you can apply for NDA exam for Navy wing.

So, go for science stream with physics, chemistry and maths..

All the best.
7th December 2011, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir after passing 10th class which section i choose for join nda
2nd September 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM DOING A COURSE OF A.N.M NURSE AFTER 10th ND I WILL GET AN VOCATIONAL DEGREE AFTER THIS COURSE BT I M INTRESTED IN CIVIL SERVICES SUCH AS I.P.S .SO PLZ SIR SUGGEST ME SOMETHING.PLZZZZ
8th February 2013, 02:13 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

One can join Indian Navy by cracking NDA Exam. This NDA Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year. Not only for Navy, one can also join for Army wing and Air Force wing through this NDA Exam.

Here is the eligibility criteria for NDA Exam to join Indian Navy.

Academic Qualification :
-You have to complete your 12th from a recognized institute with Maths and Physics as the compulsory subjects.
-Candidates who are in the final year of 12th can also appear for NDA Exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

So, make sure that you are going to opt for the stream in 12th in which there are Mathematics and Physics as the subjects.

Here is the official website of UPSC. Visit this site to know updated information regarding NDA Exam.
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?