14th October 2011, 07:26 PM
safiqul123

Am I eligible for NET exam after completing my MCA from SMU DE?

i am completed my mca from smu-de. am i elligible for net exam coz smu de is not aicte approved?

14th October 2011, 11:51 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completing my MCA from SMU DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by safiqul123 View Post
i am completed my mca from smu-de. am i elligible for net exam coz smu de is not aicte approved?
There is No Need for AICTE Approval to apply for NET Examination, If your University was UGC Approved, then you are eligible for NET Examination.

NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and This examination was Conducted by UGC Twice in a year, the examination was held in June and December every year, The June NET Examination was already completed and If you have completed your Post graduation then you are eligible for December NET Examination.

The Notification of December NET Examination was already Published in the Official Website and The ONLINE NET Registration was already started.

And After completing your MCA Course form a UGC Recognised University, then you are eligible for NET, But for this you have to scored minimum 55% marks in your MCA Course only then you are eligible to apply for December NET Examination, Final year Post graduate candidates are also apply for NET Examination.

There are 3 Papers in NET Examination and all these papers was held in same days in 2 session, The first two papers was Objective and the Last paper was Descriptive, You have to choose subject in NET as per your Post graduation, Since you have completed your MCA Course, then you are eligible to Opt for Computer Science Subjects in NET.

So, If your University is UGC Recognised then please apply for NET Examination soon before the last date. The last date of apply for this examination was 22/Oct/2011 and the examination was Going to be Held on 24/Dec/2011.

So, Please apply for NET Examination Soon before the last date, The examination fees of NET was Rs 450 and you have to pay the Fees Through challan form In SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill the Online Application form Of NET and for More Information please check the official Website -

http://ugcnetonline.in
15th October 2011, 01:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by safiqul123 View Post
Dear friend,

If your university is UGC approved then you are eligible for NET exam.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

Thanks
27th December 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that what is paper style of net exam based on mca
23rd January 2012, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for Net exam with mca final semister from jntuk?
5th December 2012, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

how much session for mca in smu in one year. what is the value of mca of smu in software field as well in govt. job please tell me detail ?
16th March 2013, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
Kindly suggest me that how can i get job in IT sector? I have completed my MCA from SMU last Feb 2012 but till now i didn't get job.pls kind on me for geting job in IT sector behlf of MCA.
16th March 2013, 11:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

AICTE stands for the All India Council of Technical education.This council has nothing to do with the National eligibility test which is held twice every year by the University Grants commission.

The minimum educational qualifications required for this examination master's degree in any desired discipline from a recognized university.If you are in final year of this course then also you can apply for the exam .The minimum % of marks required in master's degree is 55% .

Friend as you have mentioned that you had pursued your master's degree from the Sikkim Manipal university that is in distance mode.

If this university is recognised by the DEC that is Distance education council of India then surely you are eligible for the examination otherwise not.

One thing more I would like to tell you that is about age criteria for the examinations:

>>For JRF that is Junior research fellowship,the maximum age limit is 28 years .However for the lectureship there is no upper age limit that is you can apply at any age .

Note: The UGC NET exams will be held in objective mode that there will multiple choice questions from the year 2013.

For any latest information about NET exams you can visit www.ugcnetonline.in

Hope the information helps you.If you have any other query ,you can leave it here.

all the best

aashisranjan784
17th March 2013, 09:23 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Safiqul,

The Full Form of NET is National Eligibility Test.

This test is conducted every year twice in the months of June and December by the University Grants Commission [UGC].

The NET EXam is conducted if you want to apply for any of the below mentioned posts :

a) JRF [Junior Research Fellowship]

b) Lecture Ship

The Eligibility Criteria for NET Exam are :

* You must have completed post graduation in any stream from any UGC recognized university.

* You must have a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

* Age Limit :

For JRF : 21-28 years

For Lectureship : No Age Limit.

* Age Relaxation :

Relaxation in upper age is given as per the Govt. norms.

Now , from the above mentioned , you can see that is no any point that indicates that AICTE approval of any college or university is required for NET.

The Thing that you have to check is that whether your university from which you have done MCA is recognized by UGC or not.

If your University is recognized by UGC and you fulfill the above mentioned criteria , then you are eligible for the NET Exam otherwise not.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
18th March 2013, 02:33 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Safiqul,

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

If, you have done MCA from UGC recognized university only, then you are eligible for NET examination otherwise not.

UGC(University Grants Commission) coonducts NET examination twice every year in the months of June and December for the posts of Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and Lectureship.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in any track from any UGC accredited college or university.

* Final year contendors are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-28 yrs for JRF.
No age bar for Lectureship.

* Nationality:- Indian.

NET examination pattern:-

17th March 2014, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for ALL INDIA MCA ENTRANCE TEST exam after completing my BCA from SMU DE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?