14th October 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Should I switchover to CBSE board from Gujarat board?

Dear Sir,

My son is studying in Gujarat borad right now. I understand that CBSE borad has more weightage, & some Gujarat borad schools are also following CBSE course books.
My question is should I change my son's board from Gujarat board to CBSE borad for his future betterment.

Related Questions:
  1. Should I switchover to CBSE board from Gujarat board?
  2. Which board is more better CBSE or GBSE for pursuing MBBS?
  3. Which board is better between CBSE and Gujarat board for admission in medical college
  4. Which board to choose between Gujarat board and CBSE? -- [New]
  5. Which board is better for making career in engineering among CBSE and Gujarat board?
  6. Which is better between Gujarat State Board and CBSE Board?
  7. Is it better to change board from CBSE to State board of Gujarat?
  8. Should I change my board from CBSE to Gujarat board? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I change board from CBSE to Gujarat Board?
  10. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  11. Is Shifting from Gujarat board to CBSE board a good option? Will it cause any problem for a 7th year student to adopt?
  12. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  13. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE
  14. How much CBSE seats are there in Gujrat board? Should I switch from CBSE to Gujarat board?
  15. Which Board should I prefer among Gujarat State Board and CBSE Board to study in Higher Secondary?
  16. How many MBBS seats are reserved for CBSE student in Gujarat? Should I transfer to Gujarat State Board after completing 10th?
  17. Should I transfer to Gujarat State Board from CBSE Board in Higher Secondary to get admission in B.Tech course? Number of seats reserved for CBSE students in B.Tech colleges of Gujarat?
  18. CBSE or Gujarat State Board, which one covers the format of JEE Mains? Whose priority is more at the time of admission at any engineering college in Gujarat?
21st May 2012, 05:28 PM
bantidas

Default Re: Should I switchover to CBSE board from Gujarat board?

Respected Sir,

Its good that you thought of such a decision.
It will surely benefit your son in future as Gujarat Board result will be helpful for him only in getting something in Gujarat but a CBSE board certificate will help him in getting jobs and colleges all over India as it is a Central Board.

You can make your ward shift from Gujarat Board to CBSE board either before Xth or while joining XIth.

He just have to appear for an admission test in the school of your choice as he is coming from a different board.

Thank You...!!!
25th January 2013, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

ratio of student in 12 science in guj board to cbse guj and ratio of available seat for guj state board and cbse for medical in gujarat
18th March 2013, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

my child studying in 5th standard SSC board Mumbai. We want to shift to IGCSE. what benefits she will be getting, let assume that after 10th she opted for commerce, so if pass thru ssc board or IGCSE what makes difference
25th April 2013, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I have recently given 10th exams and want to switchover to cbse as i believe that state board commerce is not upto standard is that a relevant decision?
28th June 2013, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

i want to be a physiotherapist. i study in 10 but i am thinking to switch to CBSE board for 11. should i ???
every one is telling me that its very tough don't go
so m confused
13th April 2016, 07:08 AM
rupen vashi

Default Re: Should I switchover to gujarat board from cbsc board?

sir,my son has appeared in 10th std exam. from cbsc board in Gujarat. he wants to take admission in engineering in Gujarat based college only. so, will it be helpful for him to change the board from cbsc to Gujarat board as there is more seats available for Gujarat board students.thanks.
4th January 2019, 09:42 PM
Siraj ali khan

It is a good decision to switch to cbse. State syllabus is also helpful but it is only limited to state, but cbse is useful to join in colleges all over India. And cbse syllabus is also helpful to crack competitive exams of engineering and medical courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?