20th October 2011, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology through GATE Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology?

I am a Nepali citizen, passout of B.tech Biotechnology from India, in 2011. Can I apply for PhD in Biotechnology in Indian Govt institutions in 2012 after clearing GATE-2012? How much Gate score is required to apply for PhD in govt institutes, which are those institutes where I can apply? Pls Guide me in this regard..

Related Questions:
  1. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  2. For which subject I should apply in GATE among Biotechnology and Life Science to study PhD in Biotechnology and become a Lecturer? -- [New]
  3. Institutions providing Phd in biotechnology in India through GATE
  4. How can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology after completing M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  5. Can I apply for PhD course under Result Awaited category in IIT-Roorkee if secured 91.15 percentile in GATE(Biotechnology) and pursuing last semester of M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  6. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. List of Institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology program without NET and GATE in India?
  8. Information about MSc Biotechnology? I have completed BSc Biotechnology
  9. Universities for doing PhD in Biotechnology through distance mode?
  10. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology
  11. List of institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology for a candidate who has secured 959 All India Rank in GATE?
  12. List of institutes which offer PhD in Biotechnology to M.Sc candidate? Entrance exam to get admission?
  13. Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology if secured 746 rank in GATE and 6.1 CGPA in B.Tech(Biotechnology)?
  14. Possibility to study PhD in NIPER if completed M.Sc in Biotechnology and qualified in GATE?
  15. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  16. How can I get scholarship to study Ph.D(Plant/Agriculture Biotechnology) in Abroad if secured 2067 AIR in GATE being a ST candidate?
  17. Scholarship eligibility, exam, and interview for Ph.D(Plant Biotechnology/Agriculture Biotechnology) in abroad?
  18. Eligibility for PhD in Pharma Biotechnology from USA?
15th January 2012, 01:33 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology through GATE Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology?

No it is not possible for you to pursue the Ph.D programme as of now. You have to study further before you can enroll for the Ph.D programme. In order to pursue the Ph.D program the minimum required eligibility is a MPhil Degree in relevant subject with 55% aggregate marks or Master's degree in relevant subject or an equivalent degree from a recognized Institute. Admission process varies from institution to institution but generally candidates looking for admission have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the institution. Successful candidates are invited for the seminar to present the thesis. On the basis of the performance in the seminar conducted by the institution the candidates are shortlisted and get admission for the Ph.D programme. So complete your masters first then you can pursue the Ph.D programme.
27th January 2012, 10:11 PM
lakshdeep sodhi

Post Re: Can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology through GATE Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am an indian citizen, passout of B.tech Biotechnology from India, in 2011. Can I apply for PhD in Biotechnology in Indian Govt institutions in 2012 after clearing GATE-2012? How much Gate score is required to apply for PhD in govt institutes, which are those institutes where I can apply? Pls Guide me in this regard..
and i have secured 56 percent in the b.tech. and now i want do PhD in bio technology
from india. pls guide me about this pleas sir......
15th March 2012, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for Ph.D in Biotechnology through GATE Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech in Biotechnology?

sir my gate score is 294 n rank is 2628 in obc catogary may apply in any institute in phd...in biotech...i have done m.sc. in biotech...????
17th March 2012, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for PHD through GATE after M.sc in Biotechnology????
17th March 2012, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

in which institutes can i apply for Ph.D in biotechnology through GATE score. i an M.Sc biotechnology final sem student my aggregate % till now is 79. and my GATE score is 94.59percentile
26th March 2012, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

I'm M.Sc biotechnology final sem student my aggregate % till now is 80 (topper). and my GATE score 2012 is 93.35percentile

My interest to do a job in govt, can anyone know the jobs in R & D sector.
9th April 2012, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Iam doing msc biotechnology final year, I want to do PhD in biotechnology what entrance should I need to face....help me..
14th April 2012, 01:32 PM
monisha_sarabhai

Yes you are eligible food inspector.As you had completed biotech,then surely you are eligible for food inspector.In food inspector the basic role of inspectors is to inspect in cold storage where foods are kept as a storage or a place where large number of foods present,to determine that whether food is safe for human health or not.Food inspector exam held every year by UPSC.Selection in such post is very tough,but nothing is impossible.Here is the eligiblity crtieria. ELIGIBLITY-candidates must be graduate in pharmacy or science field.
15th April 2012, 06:53 PM
maya_sarabhai

dear frnd!
in response to your request !!
i have few suggestions about it ....tha tis the qualification for the GATE exam is that should be thifr year or final year of your carrear course.......
and you should be through with your basic knowledge about your subject
1.you can choose only one subject
after registring you can't change the subject..........
2. the syllabus for your subject can download from the official website.........
3.thus if you failed once . you write the exam for another time but ti lasts only once...........
all the best ...............
7th June 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my m.sc in 2011 how can apply for phd entranceof nagpur university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?