26th October 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Is Civil Engineering better than Architecture?

can civil engineering give me more sallary,easy job,then learning architecture?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility of doing architecture after civil engineering? What are the courses available under Architecture?
  2. How to join B.E Architecture after completing diploma in civil engineering
  3. Can I apply for AMIE in Civil Engineering? What is better for future, Architecture or Civil Engineering?
  4. Entrance exams for master degree in architecture after B.Tech. in Civil Engineering
  5. Is it easy to compete with the subjects for M.Arch? Do I have to take an additional course before doing Architecture after Engineering?
  6. Is Civil Engineering better than Architecture?
  7. Is it difficult to study Master's in Architecture and Planning for Civil students? -- [New]
  8. Can I do Architecture after doing BE Civil? Colleges which offer such courses?
  9. Can I pursue Architecture course after completing diploma in civil engineering
  10. Eligibility for Architecture after Civil engineering?
  11. WHICH IS BETTER B. Arch (Architecture) or B. Tech (Civil/ Mechanical engineering) ? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which one is more easier between Architecture and Civil Engineering?
  13. Can we learn Architecture course through online after completing B.Arch in Civil Engineering
  14. How to do a career in civil engineering?
  15. List of colleges offering dual degree in civil engineering and architecture?
  16. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  17. Is there any course available for doing M.Tech course in Architecture and interior designs after completion of civil engineering?
  18. Which one is a good choice for me between B.Tech Civil Engineering and B.Architecture having completed Diploma in Computer Engineering?
26th October 2011, 09:02 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Is Civil Engineering better than Architecture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is Civil Engineering better than Architecture?

Every Field is better in itself .All you need to do well is the talent and experiance to get name and fame.
  • The work of Architecture Engineers is to design Whereas The work of civil engineers is to realize that design.
  • While Architecture engineers lay focus on good looking, The civil engineers lay focus on strength to withstand pressure and load at different times.
  • Architecture engineers doesn't instruct labours during construction but civil engineers needs to instruct the labourers for better results.
  • There are equal opportunities in both the fields so both of the fields are good .Your earning depends upon your skill. If you have good skill then others then definitely you will earn more .
  • Both types of engineers depends upon others for their survival. Architecture engineers require civil engineers to implement their design and get name and fame .On the other hand civil engineers also needs architecture engineers to get the design to construct.

With Regards
ravik1214
26th October 2011, 10:03 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is Civil Engineering better than Architecture?

Dear pal,
both civil and architecture are inter linked and at the same time they do have some relation.
In architecture the person will be dealing with the design of building which includes residential building, commercial buildings etc. They do not deal anything with respect to the foundation that need to be put under the building. The work of architecture is restricted within the building and they do not have any field work. They try to make maximum use of the resource that is available.
Civil engineers can also design buildings. In addition to this they design the foundation of the building after analysing the soil strength. Design the foundation for the commercial building is difficult when compared to residential building. They too work in the field

In addition to this civil engineers deal with the design of highway, dam structures etc. They also deal with supplying of water to the people .
26th October 2011, 12:56 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,
* The work of Architecture Engineers is to design Whereas The work of civil engineers is to realize that design.
* While Architecture engineers lay focus on good looking, The civil engineers lay focus on strength to withstand pressure and load at different times.
* Architecture engineers doesn't instruct labours during construction but civil engineers needs to instruct the labourers for better results.
* There are equal opportunities in both the fields so both of the fields are good .Your earning depends upon your skill. If you have good skill then others then definitely you will earn more .
* Both types of engineers depends upon others for their survival. Architecture engineers require civil engineers to implement their design and get name and fame .On the other hand civil engineers also needs architecture engineers to get the design to construct.
26th October 2011, 03:26 PM
abhin91
Member+

Civil engineering and architecture are different fields that cannot be compared as such.
Architecture is more of creativity and civil is the application part of that creativity, so i think which one is better depends on your like and caliber and should be choosen accordingly.
13th November 2011, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

Hello,
Can I study B.E in Architecture after completing my course of Diploma in Civil Engg. If so possible,
How?
What is the procedure...?
5th January 2012, 05:14 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
Firstly success is depend on your interest and determination.
If you chose what other say then you will have to face difficulty in future.
So you chose what you want both the course are good..

AL THE BEST!
5th January 2012, 07:43 PM
krishnamurariray3165

Thumbs up Re: Is Civil Engineering better than Architecture?

Quote:
Dear Friend

Both the civil engineering & architecture are good at his own place.
Architecture engineers are think about the design and focus on good looking
but Civil engineers are think on strength to withstand pressure and load at different times.

Both branches are provide good salary but there are many companies
which can provide job only for civil engineers.because the need of civil engineers are more then architecture engineers.

with regard
krishnamurariray3165
27th May 2012, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

civil engeneering or architectur ,which one is easy to study ?
6th July 2012, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

tell me about bio technology?
if i want to get a job in a reputed company, is biology necessary in 10 2 course?
8th July 2012, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

after btech in civil ,what couse is next?can i do mba ,if s,what's about the job opportunities?
29th November 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

which salary is plenty among the two
23rd February 2013, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

hi...now i am studing b.tech in civil engg.i want to study architech,how i will geta seat in architech? will i go through nata exam?
23rd February 2013, 07:30 PM
sbgowda

Dear
According to my point of view the answer to your question is YES. According to recent surveys civil engineering will lots of scope and many job opportunities both in government and public sector. so better you go for choosing Civil engineering instead of Architecture.

All the best
23rd February 2013, 08:06 PM
Anuradha M.S

Hi,
Civil Engineering and Architechture are almost same ...Architecture is a branch or a part of Civil Engineering...Architecture is where the design aspects are much concentrated but in civil the concentration is given to the Strength of the structure.Both the fields have equal opportunities.
Good Luck
23rd February 2013, 08:10 PM
Anuradha M.S

Smile Re: Is Civil Engineering better than Architecture?

Hi,
Civil and Architecture are almost same.....Both have the equal job opportunities....In Architecture the design aspects are considered where as in Civil both design and the Strength of the Structure is concentrated.
All the Best
27th August 2013, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Is architecture better than civil engineering?
9th January 2015, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

which is better about jobs, civil engineering or architecture
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?