26th October 2011, 02:30 PM
manreet bhullar

How should I start preparation for GATE Exam to get into NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of ECE stream?

i m a 3rd sem student of ece branch.........wanna get into ntpc which had started following gate exam.......plzz tell how should i start preparing for gate exam now onwards.........and is it possible to clear gate without coaching on self basis at one shot if i start preparing from now.............plzzzzz do give me your views and the books that i shud follow

Related Questions:
  1. Should I start GATE preparation if pursuing 6th semester of B.Tech(ECE)? Benefits of appearing GATE?
  2. How to start preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech ECE
  3. How to start preparation for GATE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  5. Can I start preparation to become an IPS Officer pursuing Engineering in ECE stream?
  6. Am I eligible for upcoming GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE? Validity of GATE score?
  7. When should I start the Gate preparation while I have completed B.E ECE 4th semester?
  8. Am I eligible for GATE exam while in 3rd year ECE stream?
  9. What is the easier way to score high marks in GATE ECE stream? How to start my preparation?
  10. How to start preparation for IES and GATE?
  11. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  12. How to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in ECE?
  13. Information regarding Cut off marks for GATE Exam for PSE, NTPC and BHEL being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BE in EEE?
  14. What is the right time to prepare for GATE exam? Should I start coaching now?
  15. How can I apply for Vocational Training in NTPC if pursuing B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year?
  16. What is the procedure followed for getting a job in NTPC? -- [New]
  17. How to start the preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech Mechanical 3rd year
  18. How to prepare for GATE after finishing 3rd year of engineering? Should I join any institute in Bangalore for GATE preparation?
15th November 2011, 02:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I start preparation for GATE Exam to get into NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of ECE stream?

It’s a good decision to start preparing for the GATE exam from the 3rd year of engineering itself. First of all, you need to be thorough regarding the subject areas that are covered in the GATE exam. It is possible to attend the GATE exam without coaching. But, in order to master the various short cuts in the exam or get specialized training in the exam, coaching will be always helpful. You can refer previous year question papers, books by GK publications; R.K Agarwals books etc for the GATE exam.
15th November 2011, 03:00 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I start preparation for GATE Exam to get into NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of ECE stream?

It’s a good decision to start preparing for the GATE exam from the 3rd year of engineering itself. First of all, you need to be thorough regarding the subject areas that are covered in the GATE exam. It is possible to attend the GATE exam without coaching. But, in order to master the various short cuts in the exam or get specialized training in the exam, coaching will be always helpful. You can refer previous year question papers, books by GK publications; R.K Agarwals books etc for the GATE exam.
18th November 2011, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

i am in Vsem(ece). i want to do my training from ntpc plz tell me the procedure
6th January 2012, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

when should i start preparation for GATE exam?
9th January 2012, 08:38 PM
zilku

Quote:
Originally Posted by manreet bhullar View Post
i m a 3rd sem student of ece branch.........wanna get into ntpc which had started following gate exam.......plzz tell how should i start preparing for gate exam now onwards.........and is it possible to clear gate without coaching on self basis at one shot if i start preparing from now.............plzzzzz do give me your views and the books that i shud follow
I’ll recommend following while preparing for your GATE exams people may differ as this is my personnel opinion :

1. Always follow standard books for GATE. Try to cover complete syllabus. If not possible expertise in what ever portion of syllabus you practice.
2. Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic. This may initially take some time but will help you while revising before paper.
3. While reading any chapter/topic do ask your self following questions "What", "How", and "Why" and see improvement
Best way to prepare is to follow cycle Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve, Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve ……
Exam Crazy.com can help you when you test your self for GATE and its free.
4. Do remember that GATE is completely objective question based test. Most of time solving objective questions is tricky. Learn tips to solve GATE objective questions from GATE Tutor.
5. In case of doubts ask some expert or use forums to discuss questions as provided by examcrazy.com or ask at [email protected]
6. Don’t worry if your percentage in university exams is low as GATE admissions do not consider them. Just maintain minimum percentage required by many colleges including IIT’s. Look at GATE Cutoff and eligibility section to know eligibility and cut off of various colleges.
7. Group study is one of the best ways of preparation. Divide sections/topics between you and your partner and have a brief session on topic from your friend before you actually start topic. This will save your time and efforts and will improve your and your partner’s understanding on the topic.
8. Normally coaching GATE is not required but if you are not able to concentrate much then this is a good option.

You may use the following books for your preparation as given below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EC 1.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	67783   Click image for larger version

Name:	EC 2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	67784   Click image for larger version

Name:	EC 3.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	67785   Click image for larger version

Name:	EC 5.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	67787   Click image for larger version

Name:	EC 6.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	67788  

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC 7.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	67789  
Attached Images

9th September 2012, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

I m roshan 4th year ece student , I want to know that from where I can get study materials for gate exam prepration ?
29th October 2012, 03:13 PM

You can get job in NTPC for that you have to give GATE examination.All the PSU company are recruiting candidates on the basis of GATE examination.So if you give GATE examination then you are capable of getting Government jobs..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?