1st October 2010, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Admission in Good MBA Colleges through MAT Exam but with low marks in 10th Exam

Hi,i completed my graduation in maths,statistics,computers with 78%.i m working in Hsbc since six months.I wrote mat may and September mat and got 85 and 74 percentile respectively.But i m not receiving calls from good colleges as i secured only 53% in tenth standard.I m really worried will i get opportunity to do MBA in good college through mat.Please suggest me what i should do?Is my tenth marks really an obstacle for me to do my further education and to get jobs??????please suggest me.

Related Questions:
  1. Do students with low academic marks but high entrance exam marks get admission in top MBA colleges?
  2. How can I admission admission in MBA in 2016?
  3. MBA colleges offering admission through their own entrance exams? Benefits of appearing MAT?
  4. List of good colleges for me being a candidate having secured 73% in 10th, 65% in 12th, 67% in Graduation and 570 marks in MAT Exam?
  5. List of MBA colleges which offers admission through MAT in Uttarakhand, NCR Delhi and UP?
  6. What is the MAT exam cutoff score? List of colleges in Chennai for MBA? I have obtained 646.50 marks in MAT
  7. List of good colleges that I can get admission with a score of 92.95 in MAT Exam?
  8. If I get a good percentile in MAT will I get admission in MBA with 55% in 10th, 49% in 12th and 46% in graduation?
  9. Which MBA college can I get after scoring a low percentile in May MAT exam?
  10. How to get admission in MBA after scoring 60% marks in 10th 47% in 12th
  11. Admission in MBA/PGDM for a candidate who has secured 49.9% in BBA and 71.6 percentile in MAT?
  12. List of good MBA colleges in which I can get admission after securing 85 percentile in MAT exam under OBC quota?
  13. Which are the good management colleges I can get without attending MAT entrance exam?
  14. How to get admission in MBA through MAT?
  15. With the MAT May 2016 score can I get admission for MBA/PGDM on 2017? -- [New]
  16. List of good colleges in Delhi and Noida in which I can get after scoring 703 marks in December MAT exam?
  17. Which course is best after BSc chemistry? I have scored 49%
  18. Admission in good MBA colleges in Mumbai? should I go for CAT or MAT?
1st October 2010, 01:58 PM
gr.mba

Default Re: Admission in Good MBA Colleges through MAT Exam but with low marks in 10th Exam

hello
securing at least a first class in tenth is a minimum requirement, every college looks for.
for getting jobs ur skill levels and your experience counts
now a days for the post one apply what kind of knwledge one should have only that is being considered and apart from that your personal skills which can get an organization in the path of sucess is being considered a lot.
so ofcourse you must have atleast of 60% in tenth for taking admission in a reputed college
or if your main aim is to complete mba and get the degree with good marks many other colleges are also there
you may have 1 chance more if u are a schedule caste, i mean you may be considered...
anyways dont worry u hav a bright future
hope your wish come true
all the best
1st October 2010, 03:43 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

Unhappy Re: Admission in Good MBA Colleges through MAT Exam but with low marks in 10th Exam

hi,
dear iam undearstood your probleam . its very difficuklt because your 10th percentage is only 53% . but in this line most of them componies required minimum 60%. so sorry iam not help you.
1st October 2010, 07:32 PM
Thimmarayappa

Default Re: Admission in Good MBA Colleges through MAT Exam but with low marks in 10th Exam

Dear Friend,
please don't think about your certificate of tenth, think about your development and progress in the present studies that you have got lot of knowledge and percentage, so that you will eligible for further Higher Education like MBA in finance and marketting or business management. now the IIBM is well know for MBA education, so you search in website for this college details and contact No. if you once contact them, they will definetely give you an opportunity for your higher education.
1st October 2010, 11:43 PM
mrrupak99

hi,i m also an mba student frm future business school,as far i expereinced dt our academic result will only affect us 2 choose a good institute,but after dat it totaly depends on us how we perform in our mba course so dnt be paniced jst select a good college & work hard...bst of luck 4 ur future..
2nd October 2010, 12:13 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

donot worry your will score good rank in mat exam so you can get already admission in good colleges as well as good university in india.
good luck
2nd October 2010, 12:42 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Hey its really good percentage in graduation, 78% in graduation with maths and statstics matters alot. You also got good mat percentile. Don't get worried about your tenth percentage whether it is 53% or 75% it doesn't matters in higher studies like MBA or Msc.
You just need 50%+ in 10th,12th and graduation for appearing into the MBA entrance exam. So 10th percentage doesn't matters at all.
Your profile is good just search out the good colleges you wish to get admission in the MBA and apply for that, you will surely get chance.
2nd October 2010, 01:50 AM
anisam1987

Post Re: Admission in Good MBA Colleges through MAT Exam but with low marks in 10th Exam

as far as i know, to get admission in top schools, you need to score above 90 percentile. 10th standard marks will not create problem if you can score above 90.
2nd October 2010, 08:47 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

No, the marks obtained in the 10th standard Board exams is not an obstacle to your further studies. Job opportunities depend upon the marks obtained by you in your Higher studies (after your plus two). You need better scores in MAT to get admission in good MBA college. So please concentrate and prepare well for the next MAT and secure a score higher that 90%.
8th October 2010, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

my MAt score is 96.7 percentile ... what best b-schools will i get
20th December 2010, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

what an average mat score should be required to get admission in b-schools?
26th January 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

i am bca student of distance education. I hv 68% an 43.33% in 10 and 12 respectively. can i get the admission through MAT for MBA from pune univercity?
2nd February 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

I have 70% in 10 standard,54% in 12 standard and 45 percentage in graduation.can i get admission for mba course
1st March 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

how iirm jaiupur is
2nd March 2011, 03:05 AM
KHOPRI DADA
Banned

hi,

No, the marks obtained in the 10th standard Board exams is not an obstacle to your further studies. Job opportunities depend upon the marks obtained by you in your Higher studies (after your plus two).so ofcourse you must have atleast of 60% in tenth for taking admission in a reputed college
or if your main aim is to complete mba and get the degree with good marks many other colleges are also there

best of luck........................
12th March 2011, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Could anyone say what are colleges tht accept May MAT 2011 score???
23rd March 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

hallo sir ,i got 46% in graduation(B.sc-ele)and i have completed my graduation in 6yrs and now i m preparing for mat .so plz tell me any decent college willbe choose me.
23rd March 2011, 11:46 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Securing at least a first class in tenth is a minimum requirement, every college looks for.
now a days for the post one apply what kind of knwledge one should have only that is being considered and apart from that your personal skills which can get an organization in the path of sucess is being considered a lot.
so ofcourse you must have atleast of 60% in tenth for taking admission in a reputed college
you may have 1 chance more if u are a schedule caste, i mean you may be considered.
Thanks.
All the best.
24th March 2011, 01:35 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi Dear Friend,
please don't think about your certificate of tenth, think about your development and progress in the present studies that you have got lot of knowledge and percentage, so that you will eligible for further Higher Education like MBA in finance and marketting or business management. now the IIBM is well know for MBA education, so you search in website for this college details and contact No. if you once contact them, they will definetely give you an opportunity for your higher education.
thank
2nd May 2011, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

i have 54% in 10 th and 49 % in 12 th and graduation 62% and cat 92 % can i get admission in top 30 college of mba
2nd May 2011, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

i have 54% in 10 th and 49 % in 12 th and graduation 62% and cat 92 % can i get admission in top 30 college of mba
22nd May 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

i have secure may mat 2011 86.4 percentile ,which college is better for me
30th May 2011, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

I have got 62% in 10th Standerd,52% in 12th Standerd and 47.36% in Graduation.Can I appear in MAT Exam and after that can I go for MBA in a good Management College?
3rd June 2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

i have got 53% in 10th standerd,47%in 12th standerd,67%in garduation and mmt score 50.5%,which colllege better for me can i gi for mba in a good commege
14th June 2011, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

i am from general caste.my tenth score is 47%,12th is 49%,nd in graduation i got exact 50%.if i give any of the entrance exams.....will it be possible for me to get into some good college........????
22nd June 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i have got the 10th score is 83.5%,and inter score is 53% nw iam persuding degree final year..i hav to do mba in best colleges.so pls give a advise to how much of persantage i need in degree? do for mba. how much of persantage to get the agree the mat entrance
8th July 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

i want to study mba in a good college with good job placements though i have passed with 3rd div in my b.com is it possible,iwould b grateful if u recommend me

divya
8th July 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

i have scored less than 50 % in my b.com exams can i get admission for mba in bangalore university with good job placements???
12th July 2011, 03:29 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Do not worry friend you just prepare good for next MAT exam and crack it for good college, you must have more than 90 percentile so just try hard !!
do not worry about your 10 th marks it is not a big factor after MBA and you also have work experience.
it will help you in group discussion and personnel interview .
good luck
14th July 2011, 12:12 PM

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.........
if you score good percentile in MAT, more than 95 then if you scored poor marks in 10th then it is not a big obstacle for you to enroll yourself in a good college...
good luck..............
21st July 2011, 04:37 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am from general caste.my tenth score is 47%,12th is 49%,nd in graduation i got exact 50%.if i give any of the entrance exams.....will it be possible for me to get into some good college........????
yes you can.
22nd July 2011, 12:42 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

now a days for the post one apply what kind of knwledge one should have only that is being considered and apart from that your personal skills .

so ofcourse you must have atleast of 60% in tenth for taking admission in a reputed college.

so, if you are intersted in making your carrier in MBA departent so, you have to sacrfice your mind in the study.
this is not the issus that what % you get in your previous examination.
22nd July 2011, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in good mba college,with a mat score of 85 pecentile but 45% in graduation....eco(hon) from delhi university
26th July 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

WHAT WILL BE THE BEST OPTION FOR ME AS I HAVE SCORED ONLY 46.75% MARKS IN B.COM(H) GRADUATION 2011 FROM UNIVERSITY OF CALCUTTA.
5th August 2011, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

i scored 58%in 10th and 64%in 12ht bt i have scored 46% in my b.com exam and i cant understand how to get admission in mba i m brahmin aur hume koi bhi achha collage nae mil rahe

someone help me plz
27th August 2011, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

sir actualy i want to know which line i should choose in mba.bcz my background is btech computr science.i am 2011 pass out .my degree is of p 78 percent.for admgsn mba wat ewxam i have to g ive 6f
25th October 2011, 04:19 AM
Unregistered

which r the mba colleges that give admission through mat..n their cut-off...??
27th October 2011, 09:19 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,
you may have 1 chance more if u are a schedule caste, i mean you may be considered.
Thanks.
26th November 2011, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

Hi,i hv complited M.sc(chemistry)frm jpuchhapra,this year nd nw i preparing for MAT but i do not know,shall be any best B-school for MBA T me,actully my 10nth marks is 49% ,10 2 marks is 50%,10 2 3 marks is 61% and M.sc marks is 63%
7th December 2011, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

My carrier profile is 10->81.6
12th->66.2
Btech->7.41
Expercience in HCL Technologies-> 2 years
If I get a good score in cat/xat/gmat will my above percentage have any effect on clearing of GD and PI and getting into a good MBA college??
Will there be a chance of getting rejected because of my above percentage though I am having a good cat score???
8th April 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

sir,
we have not scored good marks in class 12th. my % is below 50 please tell me is there is any effect in M.B.A.
8th April 2012, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

is there is any effect in M.B.A because my % is below 50%
8th April 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

my % is below 50. please tell me is there is any effect in M.B.A
9th April 2012, 09:37 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
The eligibility criteria for MAT entrance exam are as follows.......

The list of best MBA college under MAT .....

Good luck.............
9th April 2012, 11:02 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

MAT - MANAGEMENT ADMISSION TEST is conducted by IMA(Indian Management Association) for admission to top management colleges under IMA for MBA(Master of Business Administration) course.

There is no provision for percentage of marks criteria for application to MAT.

The eligible candidate should have completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University and not bellow the age of 19 years. There is no upper age bar for admission to MBA courses.

MAT can be applied through on line by paying requisite fees for exam. The exam is based on computer comprising of objective type questions on :-

Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

For more information you may log on to official website of IMA.
9th April 2012, 04:40 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,i completed my graduation in maths,statistics,computers with 78%.i m working in Hsbc since six months.I wrote mat may and September mat and got 85 and 74 percentile respectively.But i m not receiving calls from good colleges as i secured only 53% in tenth standard.I m really worried will i get opportunity to do MBA in good college through mat.Please suggest me what i should do?Is my tenth marks really an obstacle for me to do my further education and to get jobs??????please suggest me.
HI!
In M.A.T exam only graduation marks matter. The 10th and 12th marks is ot matter.

For M.A.T exam only 50% marks is require in Graduation.

There is no age limit in M.A.T exam.

TOP UNDER M.A.T EXAM:-
Alliance Business Academy Bangalore
Indian Institute of Finance Delhi
Birla Institute of Technology Delhi
Fortune Institute of International Business Delhi
IMS Ghaziabad
IILM Delhi
Badruka Institute of Foreign Trade
IIMM Pune.
SCMS Cochin
Prestige Institute Of Management, Gwalior
Christ College Bangalore

GOOD LUCK!
28th September 2012, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 70% in class 10th............can i get the admission in top college of india???????????????????????
help me guys!!
29th September 2012, 12:16 AM
tvidyasagar82

hello
securing at least a first class in tenth is a minimum requirement, every college looks for.
you may have 1 chance more if u are a schedule caste, i mean you may be considered...
anyways dont worry u hav a bright future
hope your wish come true
all the best

thanking you
29th September 2012, 02:13 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

List of Best MBA Colleges through MAT Exam :

Alliance , Bangalore www.alliancebschool.org

Amity , Noida www.amity.edu

Christ University , Bangalore www.christuniversity.in

EDI , Ahmedabad www.ediindia.org

EMPI , New Delhi www.empiindia.com

XISS , Ranchi www.xiss.ac.in

University of Petroleum & Energy Studies , Dehradun www.upes.ac.in

NILM , Delhi www.niilm.com

Institute of Higher Education www.iilm.edu

IBMR , Bangalore www.ibmrindia.org

30th September 2012, 09:43 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

List of Best MBA
Colleges through MAT
Exam :

NILM , Delhi

Institute of Higher
Education

Alliance , Bangalore

Amity , Noida

IBMR , Bangalore

XISS , Ranchi

University of Petroleum
& Energy Studies ,
Dehradun

Christ University ,
Bangalore

EDI , Ahmedabad

EMPI , New Delhi

all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?