30th October 2011, 02:15 AM
Pankaj9101993

When will be the right time for me to start taking coaching for IES or GATE Exams being a candidate of 1st semester of B.Tech?

I m a b.tech 1st sem ,1st year student from amity university,noida.I really want to crack GATE/IES at all cost.plzzzzzz help me
When is the right time to start for IES/GATE coaching?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for GATE along with IES? I am a B.Tech 3-2 student
  2. Can I qualify in SSC exam if prepare for IES exam? Suitable coaching classes for IES exam in Delhi? -- [New]
  3. When should I start coaching for GATE exam(5th or 7th semester)?
  4. How to get Job in ISRO after completion of Mechanical Engineering?
  5. What is the right time to prepare for GATE exam? Should I start coaching now?
  6. When to start coaching for GATE? I have completed my 4th semester
  7. How should I start preparation for GATE Exam to get into NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester of ECE stream?
  8. Is there any good coaching for IES? I am in 4th semester in mechanical engineering
  9. How to prepare for GATE in ECE branch without taking any coaching from coaching center?
  10. How to start preparation for IES and GATE exam? I am a B.Tech 1st year
  11. Can i clear IES exams without coaching? Best coaching institutes?
  12. What is the start my GATE coaching? Best coaching center in Hyderabad
  13. What is the date of start of coaching for IES exam?
  14. When should I start preparing for M.Tech entrance exams while doing B.E Aeronautics? Which coaching centers offer coaching for GATE Aerospace?
  15. Should I join any correspondence course or any institute for IES preparations in Kakinada (AP)?
  16. Which is the right time to start preparation for GATE Exam? How much time I have to prepare for this Exam in a Day? Which Books should I refer for this Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. In what manner should I start preparation for IES exam? Should I refer college books?
  18. Should I start preparation for IBPS exams if pursuing B.Com 1st year? List of coaching classes in Chandigarh?
30th October 2011, 01:16 PM
anil3336

Wink Re: When will be the right time for me to start taking coaching for IES or GATE Exams being a candidate of 1st semester of B.Tech?

Hey dont wory try 2 undrstnd all concepts frm 3rd sem in final year u can join some tutorials. Now u being 1st sem stnt its nt posible 2 atend gate exam
30th October 2011, 02:48 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When will be the right time for me to start taking coaching for IES or GATE Exams being a candidate of 1st semester of B.Tech?

i think best time to start coaching for GATE/IES examination from the second year of your engineering. but you may start your preparation from first year. generally from first year only mathematics come in the examination and some basic question may come from your base subject. so you may start your preparation starting from mathematics.

from second year you have to study technical subject and questions will come from those subject. so you have to study well these papers. you may start study from coaching also. but beside the coaching you have to study the text book also. coaching will help you by giving the study material and may be with some mock test but you have to study well if you want to clear the examination. you should have very good subject knowledge if you want to crack the GATE/IES examination.

try to take admission in a good coaching institution and which will be more beneficial for you. if you prepare for a long time attentively may be you will be able to clear the GATE examination or IES examination. IES examination may be more competitive than GATE examination. but even if you can crack the GATE examination then that will be good for you.

best of luck.
30th October 2011, 04:12 PM
abhin91
Member+

Default Re: When will be the right time for me to start taking coaching for IES or GATE Exams being a candidate of 1st semester of B.Tech?

Now as pre final year students are not eligible to take up GATE exam, so i would suggest you to start preparing from 5th sem onwards. 3 sem of preparation is enough to crack GATE if you prepare seriously. so take up gate classes from 5th sem onwards.
30th October 2011, 05:05 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
GATE and IES exams are different from each. GATE exam is conducted as a aptitude test for determining the eligibility for the aspirants . Gate as such is not a entrance exam. GATE mark is recognised by many universities and so you can apply for your master with it. You can apply for public sector units too.
IES exam is conducted by upsc for admitting engineering aspirants to the various engineering services
For both the exam the syllabus is based on the subjects you study in your degree course . So it will be better if you study them with interest. The apt time for starting to prepare will be third year of your degree course as you can appear for the exam in your final year only moreover your branch subjects will start from second year only. There is no need for preparation during your second year but you need to prepare for your exams by understanding the subjects. All the best
30th October 2011, 06:34 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to appear in GATE or IES exam, and now you are in 1st semester of B.tech..

To crack the exams like GATE , one must have a vast knowledge in technical field..

The same is also applied for IES exam.

Now, you are in 1st semester, then you have enough time to prepare for these kind of exam..

You can start your preparation from 2nd year of your B.tech..
Because you have to study the technical subjects from 2nd year..
And the questions will come in GATE or IES exams are from technical subjects..
So, my friend you should start your preparation from 2nd year..

But you have to work hard, and must be determine to get success..

All the best..
30th October 2011, 08:14 PM
karthikrondo

i think its better to take up the GATE coaching after ur 2nd year...so u can have effective traning in early 3rd year and also during 4th year..i mean to say u can have two years time ....keep going all the best !
24th January 2012, 08:03 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Look, you want to give GATE and IES. And both these exams are based on the syllabus of four years of engineering that you have learned for the past 4 years.

To give this and to crack it successfully, you need to have a very stong base of your subjects, you should not be left with any doubts in any topic.

So To make your base strong, you have to be very sincere in your subjects while doing B.tech, that means studing your subjects minutely now, is already a kind of starting prepartion for exams like GATE, IES, etc.

And it is also advisable to take up a coaching for both the exams, for GATE, start preparation from 2nd year, and for IES, take coaching from 3rd year.

You can sit for GATE in your third year of Engineering and For IES, you can sit in your final year.

GATE: GATE is an All India Entrance exam for students who wish to do M.Tech.
The GATE score card is valid for 2 years.

And there is no age limit for this exam and there is also no limit for the no. of attempts.

You should have a very strong base of the subject...a clear idea of all topics...study for atleast 18 hours a day for the exam. And be confident.

Take online study materials for getting the pattern, follow previous years solved papers...
You will get them here!

Prepare notes chapter wise...while studying.. Follow the standard books...don't try to read those books which is not popular for GATE. You will get the list of best books of your subject here!

IES: IES is based on these four engineering subjects.
*Civil Engineering
*Electrical Engineering
*Mechanical Engineering
*Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years...

So choose your branch according and get the syllabus here.

official website-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th February 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

is anything wrong if i take coaching for gate immediately after my 1st btech????
23rd July 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

when is the right time to go for gate coaching 3rd year or 4th?
28th May 2013, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

can i crack both ies and gate without coaching?
29th May 2013, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

i m a 12th passout n have just taken admission in v.i.t (civil eng) . ultimate goal of my lyf is to crack i.e.s .
plz guide me how toh pesue my studies. n does the books of v.i.t are worth for cracking i.e.s.
18th September 2013, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

I am in 2nd year B.E. ..I want to crack I.E.S. with very good marks..should I start preparing for I.E.S. from 2nd year?
19th September 2013, 10:00 AM
falcoon007

HI,
i think best time to start coaching for GATE/IES examination from the 3rd year of your engineering. but you may start your preparation from first year. generally from first year only mathematics come in the examination and some basic question may come from your base subject. so you may start your preparation starting from mathematics.

from second year you have to study technical subject and questions will come from those subject. so you have to study well these papers. you may start study from coaching also. but beside the coaching you have to study the text book also. coaching will help you by giving the study material and may be with some mock test but you have to study well if you want to clear the examination. you should have very good subject knowledge if you want to crack the GATE/IES examination.

try to take admission in a good coaching institution and which will be more beneficial for you. if you prepare for a long time attentively may be you will be able to clear the GATE examination or IES examination. IES examination may be more competitive than GATE examination. but even if you can crack the GATE examination then that will be good for you.

wish you luck
7th October 2014, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i am ashwani kumar from b tech 1st sem . please suggest me name of book for GATE exam.i want to prepare for GATE by self study. give good path for this.
17th March 2015, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

sir when will be the right time for me to start the coaching for the IES and GATE exams as a first year B.E student . if the online coaching is good or not . i feel it is very comfortable for me to join in the online coaching center so please give me a write path
18th March 2015, 02:47 AM
Subham Mazumdar

Smile Re: When will be the right time for me to start taking coaching for IES or GATE Exams being a candidate of 1st semester of B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir when will be the right time for me to start the coaching for the IES and GATE exams as a first year B.E student . if the online coaching is good or not . i feel it is very comfortable for me to join in the online coaching center so please give me a write path
Between IES and GATE, first go for GATE Exam preparation. Because IES examination is tougher than GATE Exam.

If you clear GATE Exam with very good marks and rank, then you are little close to IES and then you can start preparing for IES Exam.

Regarding Preparation of GATE exam if whenever you are ready and fully focused towards your goal.

From 1st year you can start your preparation because it need huge dedication with concept and a lot practice.

You can apply for GATE exam in your final year which held on Feb month of of each year.

Regarding coaching, You should join a good coaching center and take the coaching. Because in coaching they will teach you many concept and shortcut tricks which will help you in the exam.

First clear you concept and then join coaching a very good coaching center.
2nd September 2017, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

I'm a second year B.Tech student of ECE branch, here in this place gate coaching centers are not available, so suggest me a good website which can guide me to crack GATE...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?