1st November 2011, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE?

hiiiiiiii frnzzzzzz i am BE 3rd year student ........... can i eligibile for CAT or not????????/ plzz suggest me i hv no idea about it???????

Related Questions:
1st November 2011, 12:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hiiiiiiii frnzzzzzz i am BE 3rd year student ........... can i eligibile for CAT or not????????/ plzz suggest me i hv no idea about it???????
Dear friend,

3rd year student are not eligible for CAT exam but final year student are eligible for CAT exam.

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Your graduation college or university must have UGC approval.

This year exam date is already announced.So please check it out.

Registration-17 august 2011 to 28 September 2011

Exam date-22 October to 18 November 2011.

The BEST MBA college in India:-

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Management Indore
XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur
IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad
FMS – Faculty of Management Studies
NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies

Thanks
1st November 2011, 03:46 PM
subham7772

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE?

No, You are not eligible for the CAT Entrance Examination because you are in 3rd year. In your final year or after completion of your BE, you are eligible for the CAT Entrance Examination.

Eligibility Criteria for CAT:-
For the Indian Institutes of Management and other equivalently optimum business schools, or better say, for the CAT as a whole, the minimum academic eligibility criterion for admission to the post graduate programmes in business management is at least a three-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline with at least 50% (45% in case of Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Physically disabled) from a recognized university. The list of recognized universities, however, will be mentioned thoroughly in the CAT Application brochure.

Students appearing for the final year of the qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirement but are awaiting their respective results can also apply. Such students, having scored some hopeful percentile and after qualified in the group discussion and personal interview of their choicest business schools are provided admission subject to the condition that they pass the qualifying examination (the Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute/university) with qualifying marks mentioned above. To your kind knowledge, the students can, in no case, round off their marks to qualify for the CAT. The CAT remains stubborn, so much so that if one scores 49.9%, (s)he cannot round it off by 0.1 % to make it 50%! Nevertheless, there is no age limit so far in the CAT. You can take the CAT as many numbers of times as you can. In case there are gap years between taking the CAT and any last degree you have attained, it is always recommended that you carry all those details in written, including proofs of employment if any, alon with you at the time of interview.

1.General Candidates: Atleast 50% or equivalent CGPA in graduation.
2.SC/ST Candidates: Atleast 45% or equivalent CGPA in graduation.
3.Final year students completing their graduation in year 2012.
1st November 2011, 05:18 PM
millan1

Location: At- Ainshamula; Po- Chhanijanga; Dist- Puri; Pin- 752113; Odisha

Respected sir,
For appearing CAT exam, u must be a graduate or in the final year of graduate. so as BE is a 4year course, you cant apply now. please wait till your last year.
best of luck.
18th November 2011, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

Is the past acedmics marks mattrs in CAT.
22nd January 2012, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

What should B TECH 1st year student for best prepration for CAT exam from starting
30th January 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

i got 32.59 percentile in cat
is i qualify in cat??
25th March 2012, 01:17 AM
gurmit.pgi

Sorry to say dear,but being a 3rd year student. You are not eligible to take CAT exam. CAT exam can be taken by only graduates or by final year graduate students as the CAT score is valid for only 1 year. Being an undergraduate, you can not apply for Master`s program like MBA.
29th June 2012, 02:05 PM
janvi roy

Dear friend,

Since you are a 3rd year student you are not an eligible candidate to sit for the exam.
A final year student of bachelors may apply.
Marks needed:
50% minimum for general
45% minimum for SC/ST.
Good luck
3rd September 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

can i take mca course through cat exam?
17th July 2013, 06:31 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)], awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2013 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2013) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate. IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.catiim.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs.
Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.

For more details: http://www.catiim.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?