5th October 2010, 12:22 AM
atishayjn

Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placements

hello everyone

I am a B.Com 1st year student. Well I got 52% in class 10th and 64% in class 12th and right now preparing myself for my 1st year exams so my question is shld i need to wrry abt my class 10th% coz its in 2nd division i mean will i face any difficult at the time of placement.

Hope for an early response

thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placements
  3. How much marks percentage is required in 10th and 12th to be eligible for the campus placements?
  4. Will I be eligible for campus placement if I got less than 60% in 12th?
  5. Will an active backlog in 3-2 affect campus placements?
  6. What is the percentage criteria asked for B.Tech during campus placements?
  7. Am I eligible to attend for campus placements having secured 59.8% in 10th, 70% in 12th pursuing my 1st semester of B.E.?
  8. Am I eligible for off campus placements after scoring 62% in 10th SSC, 70% in Inter, 71% in degree and 71% in MCA?
  9. Am I eligible to attend IT on campus placements if I got 58% marks in 12th? -- [New]
  10. What is the common eligibility criteria followed for campus placement?
  11. How to get good percentage of marks in B.Tech course? What are the skills required for the candidates to get through Campus Placements?
  12. Will my 12th percentage affect my campus placement?
  13. Will it be a problem if I have low percentage in 12th to attend campus placements?
  14. Will I be eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 60% with 2 backlogs in 3rd year?
  15. How much is the percentage required for placement in B.Tech after passing 10th class with 80% and intermediate with 84%
  16. Doing B.Tech but there is no placement in our college : How to get a job?
  17. Am I eligible for campus placements with 80% in 10th,12th and 70% in B.E?
  18. Off-campus job opportunities for a candidate who have secured 69.14% in 10th, 56.7% in 12th and 74.14% in B.E. till 6th semester? Whether 12th percentage matters to get job if clearing GATE?
5th October 2010, 04:50 PM
divey rajpal

Default Re: Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atishayjn View Post
hello everyone

I am a B.Com 1st year student. Well I got 52% in class 10th and 64% in class 12th and right now preparing myself for my 1st year exams so my question is shld i need to wrry abt my class 10th% coz its in 2nd division i mean will i face any difficult at the time of placement.

thanks
hey friend ..well 12th and 10th marks are always taken into consideration in any interview either on campus or off campus both...now since you have low score what you need to do is score well in your graduation so that puts you a step ahead of other students..keep working hard you will definitely be successful..best of luck..
5th October 2010, 07:25 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes it is true that some company want 60% marks. But some company should give the chance to prove your ability not by percentage criteria but by the technical skills.

And your 10th exams marks will not be calculated. Because when company come for recruitment, they will only see the current courses score.

If you have scored good marks in your B.com, then only your B.com marks will be calculated.

So, please dont worry, just concentrate in your study and work hard in your current exams. If you scored well, you will get good jobs.
5th October 2010, 07:44 PM

Hi,

Ofcourse they will cosider all of your educational track(10th, inter, graduation,MBA/MCA. etc.,) but you need not worry about that, because the campus recruiters will not consider only the scores of your education.

They Will consider about the "quality":

1.The way you are responding that is positively/negatively

2.Your approach in the interview

3.Your Attitude

4.Your confidence

5.Communication skills(not only in english, but in your mother tongue)

6. Team cooperation

7. Leadership qualities

8. General awareness

9. Calculative mind

10. Presence of mind/concentration/grasping power

11. A little aggresive nature.

If you can proov yourself all these in your 10 mins to 20 mins of interview you are the number one.

Please remember even you are a failure candidate in your 10th calss you should not show that effect in your campus selections/other interviews.You should show that much of confident which should make them wonder to know that you are a failure candidate in your 10th calss.(Just an example)

There are many IAS officers who failed in their 10th class due to various reasons.

Past is waste, and whcih is not in your control. You can control your future, so be ready for graduation exams.

All the best wishes...
5th October 2010, 07:56 PM
rajesh gazara

hello
there is no problem for ur placement. today times is like that where %tage is not big issue but a small bit si create a problem but not big issue so dont worry for that but placement time ur at a time knowledge being checked so worry about this ok.
5th October 2010, 08:09 PM
sanjusabu

Quote:
hello everyone

thanks

I think you will face problem in the time of campusing as many good companies want 60% in 10th for sitting into their campusing.

But if you can score well in your B.Com then you can try for some of line placements as there are companies who only wants good marks in B.Com for placements.

So try for it.
5th October 2010, 08:10 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

yes dear you will face problem at the time of placement becouse now a days almost all the company put the eligibility criteria minimum 60%.but you dont worry you will get placement in good company if you started the job in in some small company first then you can get the the good job on the experience basis.
ok dont worry
best of luck
5th October 2010, 09:39 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

It is must to have 65% in 10th at the time of campus interview and 60% in English is must..... so of them din't selected in our college because of this reason only, they have more then 75% in engineering but not in the 10th, it is big appointment.
5th October 2010, 09:39 PM
Nucleusdev

10th class percentage shows your basic knowledge.and having idea to facing interview.eligible marks for average colleges is up to 55%.
5th October 2010, 10:01 PM
Rupender verma

Yes it is true that some company want 60% marks. But some company should give the chance to prove your ability not by percentage criteria but by the technical skills.

And your 10th exams marks will not be calculated. Because when company come for recruitment, they will only see the current courses score.

If you have scored good marks in your B.com, then only your B.com marks will be calculated.

So, please dont worry, just concentrate in your study and work hard in your current exams. If you scored well, you will get good jobs.
5th October 2010, 10:52 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placements

Quote:
hello everyone

thanks
Dear atishayjn,

though you are commerce student for that it is not effective for your 10th percentage.so dont worry.study hard.

good luck.
5th October 2010, 11:19 PM
mseetharamster

companies consider aggregate percentage of graduation only which will be 60% for almost all companies......Companies do not look just for toppers..What they see is consistency.Development in percentage is a added advantage.which you have....
but what matters a lot is good fluency in English with good communication skills,good grooming habits........
6th October 2010, 12:17 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

Not much but there are some companies who have certain eligibility criteria like 60% in 10th or 12th something like that.

But you dont need to worry about that. Focus on getting a good percentage in your final year which can help in overshadowing your past bad performance

All the best
6th October 2010, 12:34 AM
nuzhat fathima

hi,
theres not much effect on your campus placement if and only if you have scored a distinction in all your sems.
6th October 2010, 01:42 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

i want to tell you that your 10th marks will not hinder your placement after your graduation in B.Com.After graduation, marks of your graduation is only considered at the time of placement.So friend, there is no need of worry.Study as much as possible and i hope you will get success in the future.

Best of luck
6th October 2010, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
hello everyone

thanks
yes, exactly top mnc's allow the students who scored atleast 60% and above in both 10th and 12th standard.don't get disappointment better to join in small company and then move towards mnc.better luck to get chance in mnc......
6th October 2010, 09:47 AM
alekhya

Quote:
Originally Posted by divey rajpal View Post
hey friend ..well 12th and 10th marks are always taken into consideration in any interview either on campus or off campus both...now since you have low score what you need to do is score well in your graduation so that puts you a step ahead of other students..keep working hard you will definitely be successful..best of luck..
some companies will ask an agreegate of 60% through out the academic year and some companies ask 50% agreegate dont feel about that now so many company are take from agreegate of 50% in 1oth,12th, And U.G&P.G 70% agrregate
So u prepare wel for the U.G exams and try to get more percentage
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE
29th October 2010, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

hi
i am average marks getting student. i have joined in NCC and i quit because I am not able to score 60%. i have B certificate. will NCC B and C certificate will help me in job or b.com %
29th October 2010, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

i am studying B.com. i am fail in 1st semester B.COM scored less in 2semester will it create problem in interview? Ncc certificates like B ,C ,sports and merit certificate will help in interview?
5th November 2010, 07:21 PM
Gaurav.jain88

Its a bit worry for you as many company consider the 10 and 12 th percent for the recruitment but if you score good marks in you bcom then it will be good for your job prospect.
Now its time to get good marks in future exam and you cannot change the past and hope for the best.
6th November 2010, 10:28 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying B.com. i am fail in 1st semester B.COM scored less in 2semester will it create problem in interview? Ncc certificates like B ,C ,sports and merit certificate will help in interview?
since your academic perfor mance is not very good you will face problems because of it.
But since you cannot go into past and improve it so its better for you to look into your future and do hard work.
As one door close other door will definately open.
Believe in hard work as hard work has no subsitute
6th November 2010, 10:43 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii yes i think it matter for many MNC they need consistent 60% in throughout your academics But not in all cases some company consider only your degree percentage..and some even doesn't bother they just see how u present yourself in their company written test.....so don't think about past and make your future good with +ve attitude.....
ALL THE BEST.....
6th November 2010, 02:24 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

generally companies looks at the percentage of your 12th and graduation and want at least 60% . so try to obtain at least 60% in your graduation . no need to worry abouut your class 10 percentage . if you can get good percentage in your graduation then you can be selected because today the companies want knowledge not only numbers.
8th November 2010, 11:56 AM
avinash kr.
Banned

some company demand 60% in the 10th and 12th class both..but some take less then 60%.so you can get a good job.. i wish you can get a bright future. thanking you......
21st January 2011, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

wipro offcampus has 50% in 10th and 12th and 60% in degree ..but their papers are tough ..also microsoft and some very big companies place their criteria low ..but their placement papers are killer tough ..so prepare well for placement paper if you get low marks
6th February 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

can u plz tell me short gradution courses after diploma in mech engg
and list of colleges with their entrence exams
6th February 2011, 12:59 PM
sudhir ranjan

i m diploma student of mechanical and i want to know about best enng colleges and their entrence exam for latrel entry
20th February 2011, 12:01 PM
ssahu669

Dear Friend,
as you got 52% marks in 10th.some companies asked 60% marks throughout the career. but this not a question of worry.during interview they test your knowledge what you have studied. marks is not only enough to get selection in interview.all the best

Regards
Sanjeeb
23rd February 2011, 09:34 PM
jincy eapen

all the current companies have their eligibility criteria as 60 percent throughout,so it will be tough for those having less than 60 in class 10th
3rd March 2011, 06:39 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IF WE HAVE BACKS IN THE SEMS BUT CLEARED IT BEFORE WE GO FOR CAMPUS SELECTION . AM I ELIGIBLE FOR A JOB .AND SHOULD THE AVARAGE % OF ALL THE SEM BE 60% OR EVERY SEM SHOULD HAVE 60%
5th March 2011, 01:25 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placements

Quote:
WHAT IF WE HAVE BACKS IN THE SEMS BUT CLEARED IT BEFORE WE GO FOR CAMPUS SELECTION . AM I ELIGIBLE FOR A JOB .AND SHOULD THE AVARAGE % OF ALL THE SEM BE 60% OR EVERY SEM SHOULD HAVE 60%
hello friend...

Quetion 1 :HAT IF WE HAVE BACKS IN THE SEMS BUT CLEARED IT BEFORE WE GO FOR CAMPUS SELECTION . AM I ELIGIBLE FOR A JOB??

yes you are eligible, Many companies will allow students to appear for placement if they had backlogs like TCS,Wipro,Satyam etc.. but some companies wont allow students with backlogs like Nokia Siemens Networks, Deloitte etc...

Question 2 :SHOULD THE AVARAGE % OF ALL THE SEM BE 60% OR EVERY SEM SHOULD HAVE 60%??

Average of all sem should be 60% not every semester's % for placements...

hope the info. helps... All the best..
6th March 2011, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,i am studying b.e(cse)i got 10th percentage is(59.8)........it is elligble fot al campus like TCS,wipro,infosys............
7th March 2011, 01:28 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear sir,i am studying b.e(cse)i got 10th percentage is(59.8)........it is elligble fot al campus like TCS,wipro,infosys............
ELIGIBILITY FOR COMMON MNC COMPANIES

-> 60% above in 10th,12th and B.E/B.Tech degree.

-> Backlogs upto 2 permitted with no current arrears.

-> Study gap of not more than 2yrs allowed.

Am sorry my friend, but according to the eligibility criteria of TCS, Wipro and Infosys you are not eligible for campus placements even if its 59.8 % but sometimes you can apply with the help of your college management... anyways you dont have to worry my friend cause there are many small companies which recruit students based on the performance and not by marks... so just join in those companies and gain some good experience and then you can jump in any of the top MNC companies caue they wont see the marks but only your experience....

hope the info. helps...All the Best for your future...
22nd March 2011, 10:39 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Hi ,
According to the latest information -

Thanks.
All the best.
14th April 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

I get 3rd position in 10 class is my future is loss ?
16th May 2011, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE GOT IN 10TH(43%)AND 12TH(56%) THEN CAN I DO B.TEC WITH ANY STREAM VIEW OF PLACEMENT IN MNC LIKE IBM,INFOSIS.
9th July 2011, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

hi,
i have scored 65 % in my class 10th and 67% in class 12th.. but i also failed in two subjects i.e maths and physics in 12th class.. right now m persuing bca.. and by well enough i hav scored above 70%.. is there any such chance of getting me job further??? as i have rly worked hard 4 my graduation.. does that 2 subjects in which i lack behind would make my graduation marks down????? pleaseeeeee rplyy..

wating 4 the response..
10th July 2011, 04:12 PM
chauhan99

hi dear,

thanks
4th September 2011, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

hiii..i got 58.2% in 10th ,12th 76% and b.tech 69.3%(till 6th sem)am i eligible for companies like wipro,accenture and capgemini?
4th October 2011, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

effect of class 10th percentage in campus interview for B tech student
6th October 2011, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

what about cbse % , can they effect campus placement interview
19th October 2011, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

I am a B.Com Final year student. Well I got 68%in class 10th and 51% in class 12th and right now preparing myself for placements in kurnool and i am interested to join and do job in wipro and infosys. Now am worry about my class 12th%. Can i know what percentage is required for the placements. I mean will i face any difficult at the time of placement. Some are saying that there will be reservation for the SC. Is it true? and please inform me the date when the placements are conducting in kurnool.

Hope every one response

Thanks.
19th October 2011, 10:29 PM
shahraksh3

Quote:
hello everyone

thanks
Yes there are companies whose criteria is 60% in 10th. You won't be able to work initially but you can work in small company for 1-2 yrs, get experience and can switch to a good company.
Some companies also have no criteria where you can apply , so you need to improve your skills and you will definitely get placed and 10th marks will not create a problem for you if you really work hard.
20th October 2011, 12:04 AM
g m bhagya

Quote:
hello everyone

thanks
Some of the companies will be having cutoffs and those candidates who are above it will be allowed for interview . And some of the companies will not mention such things but score well in your degree
20th October 2011, 12:10 AM
goutambiswas87

dear,
There are various companies present whose eligibility criteriaes are including class 10th marks.They demand min 60% marks in class 10 an 12th standard.so,on that basics you may get a barrier but your graduation marks must be better and that must be avobe 60%.
If your graduation marks are better then you can apply various good companies.so try to increase your graduate score.

best of luck...
30th November 2011, 07:23 PM
co-rocks

hi dear,

thanks
23rd January 2012, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

i have got 10th 43% and 12th 56% then can i do btech with any stream view of placement. Plz reply me soon........
23rd May 2012, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

if we wont hav 60% in 10th and inter(48% in 10 and 58% in inter) but we have 67% in b.tech den we can available for placements or not??????.............
30th July 2012, 06:27 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Well dear,

It's true that your marks of 10th, 10+2 & graduation are always considered while interview in any company. But it's not compulsory everywhere. As you have mentioned that you had got less in 10th & 10+2, but now try your best to get good scores in graduation & further studies.

But, its fact that now a days, one's percentage doesn't matter but his confidence and skills should be much better. So, your skills & your knowledge can easily coverup your academic drawbacks.

You should build your confidence, self intellectual power, better communication skills, great knowledge in your stream & also practical knowledge if you belongs to any technical field.

Wish you all the very best.
20th March 2013, 08:40 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

Yes my friend,

There is the effect in the campus placement but my friend you have not to do worry because the minimum requirement for marks in 10th is only 50% and in some companies the 60% is required so you make yourself free.

Don't worry about the marks in 10th class.Feel free yourself and just concentrate on your skills like technical and communication skills.Yous should be good in aptitude and written exam.

Even if you apply for job then your percentage in graduation is considered as more in your life.

Your marks from 12th should be more than 50% and also from the graduation.If you want to go for some types of software companies then you can apply through with general discussion,written exam and interview.

There are various types of software companies for which you can apply and those software companies are as follows:

1.Microsoft

2.IBM

3.Google

4.Accenture

5.SAP-AG

6.Hewlett Packard – HP

7.Yahoo

8.CA Technologies

9. Oracle Corporation

10.Capgemini

Thank u!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?