7th October 2010, 01:32 AM
Shlnisharma89

Is it necessary to clear NET before Phd?

Hello, I want to know tht is it necessary to clear NET before Phd. If nt then what are the other alternatives of NET. Is 55% in master degree is necessary for NET.

7th October 2010, 08:45 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to clear NET before Phd?

yes 55% in master degree is necessary for NET .No,its not necessary to clear NET before phd.Net is only used for a scholar who wants to work as a lecturer in various colleges.but some percentage of marks is exempted to a student who have phd in his subject.
7th October 2010, 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=Shlnisharma89;212689]Hello, I want to know tht is it necessary to clear NET before Phd. If nt then what are the other alternatives of NET. Is 55% in master degree is
it is good to quaify net for P.hd but if u didn't then there are some colleges who r giving direct entrance exam for P.hd. Search for all these colleges there in the net.
7th October 2010, 10:22 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Is it necessary to clear NET before Phd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlnisharma89 View Post
Hello, I want to know tht is it necessary to clear NET before Phd. If nt then what are the other alternatives of NET. Is 55% in master degree is necessary for NET.
dear friend,

It is essential to qualify NET for Phd from good university.also u can do phd but yo would not eligible for scholarship.

nos is not essential.

good luck.
7th October 2010, 10:22 PM
Rupender verma

Hi, in general, minimum eligibility for PhD is post graduation degree from any recognized university, with a Bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification obtained after a minimum of three years of education after (10+2) or equivalent. Some institute might have some additional criteria like 2-3 years' post qualification relevant work experience in executive capacity, 55 % marks or equivalent CGPA at PG level, entrance test etc… Some of the institutes require GATE/NET for PhD. Every institute has its own selection procedure which you can find out directly from the institute. These are some of the institutes offering Ph D programs in Management/ Doctoral programs called "Fellow Program in Management or FPM" recognized as equivalent to Ph D by the government of India: 1) IIM Ahmedabad (iimahd.ernet.in), 2) IIM Calcutta (iimcal.ac.in), 3) IIM Bangalore (iimb.ernet.in), 4) IIM Indore (iimidr.ac.in), 5) IIM Lucknow (iiml.ac.in), 6) IIM Kozikhode (iimk.ac.in), 7) Narsee Monjee, Mumbai (nmims.edu), 8) MDI Gurgaon (mdi.ac.in), 9) XLRI Jamshedpur (xlri.ac.in), 10) FMS Delhi (fms.edu). About eligibility for lecturer, a person has to clear the NET conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The eligibility to appear for this test is a post-graduation degree in the respective subject. The National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine eligibility for lectureship for Indian nationals to ensure the minimum standards for the candidate in the teaching profession and research. You may visit the website (www.ugc.ac.in) for more detail on NET exam. However, these requirements depend on the institute which changes year to year. So, we would suggest you to explore various institutes near to your location for the requirement of lecturer. However, NET is not only the criteria for lecturership. There are other factors also, so, NET clearing doesn’t ensure to get the job as lecturership. All the best!
7th October 2010, 11:42 PM
nehabareja

hello dear,
It is in not necessary to clear NET before PhD according to academics of some institution & universities.however if you want to pursue Phd. from good university then,you have to clear net exam.Its not too much difficult to crack net the all you need clear all your basics of the subjects involve in net entrance examination furthermore if you hold good position after giving NET exam you will be provided with many scholarship programs which will help you during Phd program.
other thing is that at least 50% is required in master's for giving net exam.

good luck!
8th October 2010, 12:51 AM
sachinsharma
Member+

No it is not neccesary to clear net before phd .u can phd in which subject u have complete ur master degree .in which subject u have more interest.
8th October 2010, 12:55 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

there is no compultion to clear NET before phd you can do phd without clearing the NET exam ok dear

CSIR UGC NET DECEMBER 2010 IMPORTANT DATES
Date of examination: 19.12.2010

Date of start of sale of application form through banks and on line submission: 10.08.2010

Date of close of sale of application form through banks and online submission:30.08.2010

Important dates

Schedule for sale of information bulletin through bank

(i) Start of sale of information bulletin:10.08.2010

(ii) Date of close of sale of Information bulletin by cash at all branches/stations:30.08.2010

Schedule for On-line application

Last date for receipt of (both kind) completed application forms :30.08.2010

Last date for receipt of (both kind) completed application forms (from remote areas):30.08.2010
8th October 2010, 08:02 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
for doing phd its not requiered that you must be anet qualified.
net qualification only makes you eligible for lecturership in degree colleges and nothing else
8th October 2010, 09:30 PM
aotiwari

To get eligible for some recognised universities or colleges you need to clear NET before Phd otherwise its fine if you want to get into low graded colleges.
10th October 2010, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

What should be the next step after clearing NET????
10th October 2010, 10:38 PM
Sanjiv sharma

U can do N.E.T. Only after u have done ur PG with 55 percent marks . NET enables a candidate to fetch job for the post of lecturer. One can do Ph.D after doing PG one can also do it after doing M.Phil . Those who do Ph.D are exempeted for screening test held for the post of lecturer . NET is not the condition to do Ph.D
26th October 2010, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

is net necessary for agricultural/veterinary universities if u are phd qualified for assistant professorship?
9th November 2010, 05:39 PM
megha ram singh

Not always, it is necessary in case you want to be scholar or want to be a lecturer while doing your Ph.D.
10th November 2010, 08:48 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Quote:
first of all i want to make it clear that 55% is necessary for NET in master degree but it is not necessary to clear NET before Ph.d. it only help who want to become scholar. but also you need to get good marks in your ph.d.
27th December 2010, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared NET in HRM,But I have not cleared JRF till yet.so what are the options for me for persuing Phd
vidushi
7th January 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Iam about to complete my M.sc Microbiology I want to directly go for phd in microbiology in bangalore without any net exams.How can i do this & please list the universities suitable to do this.
15th January 2011, 01:48 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Is it necessary to clear NET before Phd?

Quote:
Dear friend,
minimum 55% of marksis required to qualify for NET exem...
NET is not neccesary for doing phd,one alternative option is there SET exem for phd...
18th January 2011, 02:16 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Hi Friend,

1) Inorder to be elligible for applearing in NET exam you need to have 55% in your masters degree.If you belong to reservation category then you will require 50% in masters degree.
2) NET is not a compulsion for PhD but in many university it is desirable & you may get preference .
3) Also percentage & qualification requirements changes for different university.So you have to look for each one of them specifically.

Best Of Luck!!!
28th March 2011, 03:42 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
yes 55% in master degree is necessary for NET .No,its not necessary to clear NET before phd.Net is only used for a scholar who wants to work as a lecturer in various colleges.but some percentage of marks is exempted to a student who have phd in his subject.

Thanks
2nd April 2011, 12:46 AM
swati biswas

Quote:
hello friend,

If you have 55% marks in your masters then I would suggest you to definitely prepare well and qualify NET, so that you may get chance in some reputed institution. But, it is not mandatory to qualify NET for pursuing Phd as there are many such institutions who organize there autonomous entrance exams, JNU is one of them.
You may definitely try in some.

best wishes for your future.
16th April 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

i have done pgdm from some institute in 2011 when can i apply for the phd programmes.
30th April 2011, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

I M DOING M.PHARMA IN DRUG REGULATORY AFFAIRS FROM MDU ,ROHTAK ...I WANT TO DO MY PH .D AFTER CLEARING NET ...CAN YOU PLZ TELL ME WHAT IS THE SYLLABUS OF NET ???
12th May 2011, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

im post grauate but in M.A. i have only 47% in b.ed 52% i have 5 years teaching experiance my age is 41 years old i want to furter study for gd salary wt can i do plz tell me?
13th May 2011, 06:10 AM
vijayptl97

first of all i want to make it clear that 55% is necessary for NET in master degree but it is not necessary to clear NET before Ph.d. it only help who want to become scholar. but also you need to get good marks in your ph.d.

thanks
2nd June 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

I have given ugc net dec 2010 exam for research n lecturarship both,i want to ask if i clear net what i have to do for job,colleges will offer me for job as er net result or i have to apply as per vacancies,or college will offer me research ship or i have to apply on my own,kindly reply soon,i m really confused
17th June 2011, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

hi
i have passed UGC NET december 2010.
what is the next step?
will i get any mark statement or rank card from UGC?
if yes, when will i get?
12th July 2011, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have completed my pg in social work.i want to do phd,in social work.in o u.hyderabad.i don't know prosses of admission $ what is net please give me details.
15th July 2011, 10:22 PM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,

thanks
14th August 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

I m dng mcom 2 yr frm gndu
15th August 2011, 01:45 AM
Azher88

Location: 697/4, Bhola Nagar, Kotla Mubarak pur, New Delhi-110003

Quote:
Yes this is necessary to clear NET before Phd.
With Best Regards
Md. Raja Azher
18th August 2011, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir/madam, good morning,
I completed ME(CSE) and now i am doing my phd.Is net essential after completing phd.
Thank you
19th August 2011, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure of taking addmission in phd in Icsssr?
20th September 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Hello People,

I cleared NET in Management. Is it enough to get govt job? or still i need to do ph.d? If so, in which university can i do phd for part time? Kindly suggest me to enrich my qualifications....
25th November 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to clear NET for MCA candidates for Assistant Professor post in Universitites/Govt. Colleges?
25th November 2011, 07:18 PM
co-rocks

dear friends, firstly you get 55% marks in phd, net is not necessary earlier than phd so, you
definitely prepare well and qualify NET, so that you may get chance in some reputed institution. But, it is not mandatory to qualify NET for pursuing Phd as there are many such institutions who organize there autonomous entrance exams.

thanks
25th November 2011, 07:25 PM
co-rocks

dear friends, firstly you get 55% marks in phd, net is not necessary earlier than phd so, you
definitely prepare well and qualify NET, so that you may get chance in some reputed institution. But, it is not mandatory to qualify NET for pursuing Phd as there are many such institutions who organize there autonomous entrance exams.

thanks
5th January 2012, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,
give some knowledge about Net ....i comliieted my mba in hr now i wan to do phd in hr ..i m from broda so i do my phd in m s university ....so if i pass this xm so i get admission in msu
n also tell the form submission date 2012 2013......
thank you
Pandya ekta
16th January 2012, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

is it necessary to clear net exam after completing ph.d
24th January 2012, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

I completed m.tech in cse but I didn't get Job . I m frustrated what should I do
31st January 2012, 01:37 AM
despire007

It is in not necessary to clear NET before PhD according to academics of some institution & universities.however if you want to pursue Phd. from good university then,you have to clear net exam.Its not too much difficult to crack net the all you need clear all your basics of the subjects involve in net entrance examination furthermore if you hold good position after giving NET exam you will be provided with many scholarship programs which will help you during Phd program.
other thing is that at least 50% is required in master's for giving net exam.
31st January 2012, 04:03 PM
Rapchik007

i, in general, minimum eligibility for PhD is post graduation degree from any recognized university, with a Bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification obtained after a minimum of three years of education after (10+2) or equivalent. Some institute might have some additional criteria like 2-3 years' post qualification relevant work experience in executive capacity, 55 % marks or equivalent CGPA at PG level, entrance test etc… Some of the institutes require GATE/NET for PhD. Every institute has its own selection procedure which you can find out directly from the institute. These are some of the institutes offering Ph D programs in Management/ Doctoral programs called "Fellow Program in Management or FPM" recognized as equivalent to Ph D by the government of India: 1) IIM Ahmedabad (iimahd.ernet.in), 2) IIM Calcutta (iimcal.ac.in), 3) IIM Bangalore (iimb.ernet.in), 4) IIM Indore (iimidr.ac.in), 5) IIM Lucknow (iiml.ac.in), 6) IIM Kozikhode (iimk.ac.in), 7) Narsee Monjee, Mumbai (nmims.edu), 8) MDI Gurgaon (mdi.ac.in), 9) XLRI Jamshedpur (xlri.ac.in), 10) FMS Delhi (fms.edu). About eligibility for lecturer, a person has to clear the NET conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The eligibility to appear for this test is a post-graduation degree in the respective subject. The National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine eligibility for lectureship for Indian nationals to ensure the minimum standards for the candidate in the teaching profession and research. You may visit the website (www.ugc.ac.in) for more detail on NET exam. However, these requirements depend on the institute which changes year to year. So, we would suggest you to explore various institutes near to your location for the requirement of lecturer. However, NET is not only the criteria for lecturership. There are other factors also, so, NET clearing doesn’t ensure to get the job as lecturership. All the best!
5th March 2012, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about pg cources from amu ?
4th April 2012, 02:36 PM
SHANTICHIT

Default is it necessary to clear NET after Ph.D

I have completed my Ph.D in English Literature I want to know if I should clear NET after this?
10th May 2012, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell which are the colleges in India that provide P.hd (fulltime o part time) without NET
13th May 2012, 09:15 PM
rachender singh

Thumbs up Re: Is it necessary to clear NET before Phd?

Quote:
hello friend,
yes of course friend, it necessary to clear NET before Phd. A candidate without clearing NET is not eligible to enter in P.hd.
I am sorry to say that 55% marks is not enough to get admission in p.hd . you have to get atleast 65% marks . if you are able to get it, then its ok otherwise it is very difficult to get admission .
thanks
25th May 2012, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

if i clear ugc can i do phd in any university?
10th July 2012, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

want to know the proceure for qualifying the net exam for phd and the post-exam pocedure for doing phd in management
7th August 2012, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
im post grauate but in M.A. i have only 47% in b.ed 52% i have 5 years teaching experiance my age is 41 years old i want to furter study for gd salary wt can i do plz tell me?
hi , as you said that you have not secured 55% marks in m.a nevertheless you can do m.ed with 55% or more marks and after m.ed you can registered yourself for direct ph.d program in education and after completing ph.d you can join be.d college as a prof. . many universities are offering direct ph.d in education.

good luck.
7th August 2012, 09:04 PM
manjira...

Red face Re: Is it necessary to clear NET before Phd?

no it is not mandatory to clear the NET entrance examination before Phd.
if you are able to clear the net examination you will be provided with many scolarship programs during the Phd.
the net examination is conducted to test the eligibilty for lectureship of the candidates in teaching feild and research work. the criteria for appearing for net is having atleast 55% in master degree from a reputed university.
age limits for net are
1)for junior research-not more than 28 years
2)for lectureship-there is no upper limit
criteria for phd application is
55%marks in master degree form a reputed university in that particular subject. but having more than 55% is safe..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?