9th October 2010, 08:10 AM
Merlin.T.S

Can I apply for Civil Services Exam if I had a backlog in final year degree?

Respected sir/mam,
I'm doing my degree now.I want to write Civil Service exam.But I have failed in one paper last year.I have 75% marks in all other exams.I can complete degree with 75% in second chance.Can I apply for the exam with my degree marks?
Thanking you

1st May 2011, 04:59 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Services Exam if I had a backlog in final year degree?

Well for appearing civil service entrance having bachelor degree is compulsary. Since you have a backlog its typical for you to get through.

You are free to appear for Preliminary but you have to clear your backlog before Mains, because you have to produce your orignal certificates there.

Wheras if we talk for difficulties after backlog, then there is no issue regarding this because for civil service Talent is better appriciated then qualification.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
1st May 2011, 05:15 PM
Tushar93

Smile Re: Can I apply for Civil Services Exam if I had a backlog in final year degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin.T.S View Post
Respected sir/mam,
I'm doing my degree now.I want to write Civil Service exam.But I have failed in one paper last year.I have 75% marks in all other exams.I can complete degree with 75% in second chance.Can I apply for the exam with my degree marks?
Thanking you
Hello Friend,
For civil services exam it does not matter whether you had a backlog or not, you just need a bachelor's degree and you should meet the age limit and no. of attempts.
1st May 2011, 05:19 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Civil Services Exam if I had a backlog in final year degree?

If you have backlog at the time of applying for the exam,no problem,you can apply,If you qualify in that exam,then they will call you for Interview,at that movement,you should have complete education qualification details.

So make sure that,you will be clearing the subject,before you attended interview.

If you need any information,then click here

Check this attachment also,for more details of exam pattern.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 239 views)
1st May 2011, 06:05 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected sir/mam,
Thanking you
If you have get backlog in your course, then its very difficult for you to appear in Civil services examination. So, I will suggest you, just clear your Backlog first and then apply for UPSC civil services examination.

And if you are apply for preliminery examination on appearing basis, then you have to submit your results in Main examination. So, its better for you, to clear your backlog first and then apply for Civil services examination.

And you can not apply for UPSC civil services examination, because the last date to apply for UPSC civil services examination was already over. So, please apply next year and firstly clear your backlog and then apply for this exam. And if you want to get complete information then please visit the UPSC official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st May 2011, 06:31 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
Respected sir/mam,
Thanking you

yes ,you can apply for Civil Service exam .in civil services only graduation are
are needed .

so you are able to apply for civil services exam .

BEST OF LUCK .
1st May 2011, 10:43 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for Civil Services Exam if I had a backlog in final year degree?

Quote:
Respected sir/mam,
Thanking you
yes you can apply for CIVIL SERVICE exam as Minimum education criteria = Graduate and even student in final year can also apply but either in mains you need to show your certificate or in interview or after passing out your graduation you need to show your certificate ...

so better clear it soon ...but donot worry you just appear for exam.. and experience the exam..

however this year application submission dates are over so you need to apply next year.........
1st May 2011, 10:45 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

you can not apply for UPSC civil services examination, because the last date to apply for UPSC civil services examination was already over. So, please apply next year and firstly clear your backlog and then apply for this exam. And if you want to get complete information then please visit the UPSC official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st May 2011, 11:03 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for Civil Services Exam if I had a backlog in final year degree?

Civil services exam is an important and standard exam .you need a graduation degree for sitting in this exam .but you can now sit in the prelim. exam without any difficulty.but you will face difficulty in mains stage as you will have to submit your original certificate there otherwise you will be disqualified. so try to clear your backlogs as soon as possible.
2nd May 2011, 08:54 AM
kapil vij

yes u can apply for dat.......but u hav to do a lot more preparation to face d exam..
and also u need to clear ur backlog before u appear for d mains xams......coz u r asked for d degree dat tym........prior to dat u eligible to give prelims only.....

and as d backlog part is concerned....dere is no hard and fast rule..dat u r not eligible.. if someone told u dis,den dey r wrong...
u must prepare for civil services ...i appreciate u....
but be sure before making a choice for subjects..and also go thru a syllabus....

for any further information feel free to ask......
Best wishes..........!!
2nd May 2011, 01:34 PM
roligupta91

Quote:
Respected sir/mam,
Thanking you
for appearing civil service entrance having bachelor degree is compulsary. Since you have a backlog it is difficult for you t pass.
3rd May 2011, 07:24 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I apply for Civil Services Exam if I had a backlog in final year degree?

No problem Friend

First you have to clear your backlog and then apply for the exam

The basic info and eligibility criteria of the exam are

IAS is an central service and also deeply regarded as d most prestigious job..

Like this service there are other 24 services for which a common entrance test is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification if you have completed Degree then definitely you are eligible for the exam..

You can go through the examination code for Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

Remember all this eligibility criterion will applicable only if you clear your backlog till then you are not eligible

regards

~aditya~
3rd May 2011, 08:05 AM
neerajshuran

dear, for civil sevices exam you should be a graduate comlete.so first complete your graduation and be prepared for the exam.
3rd May 2011, 09:32 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

No problem,You can give the Civil Service Examination.

Only thing You should have a graduate degree from any recognized university.

You have to clear the backlog before Applying the Civil Service Examination.

And Your age should between 21 To 30 yrs.

And this year last date of submission was already over......

So,First you must to clear the backlog before Mains Examination.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
25th June 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

dear sir i passed my engineering with 75% in final year but i have one subject backlog sir , so have i pssed my engineering or not?
26th November 2011, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

If a person haven't pass and had written civil services exams ??
26th November 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

For e.g a person have written exams but haven't cleared his backlog den ??
15th January 2012, 10:18 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Eligibility Criteria For Civil Service exam:-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Examination Pattern:-

For more Visit:-www.civilserviceindia.com/
1st May 2012, 12:40 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

Sorry to say you that you can not apply for civil service exam.
To apply in this exam you need to clear your pending backlog first.
Otherwise it is very difficult to apply in the exam.

Eligibility criteria for civil service examination:-
age limit:-

- your age should not be less than 21 years & not more than 30 years.
- upper age relaxation is given to sc/st, o.b.c candidates.
- for sc / st - 5 years of relaxation, age limit is 21-35 years.
- for o.b.c. - 3 years of relaxation, age limit is 21-33 years.
- for ex-service man - 5 years of relaxation, age limit is 21-35 years.

educational qualification:-

- you must be a graduate degree holder .
- a candidate who has completed his/her graduation from technical/professional course can also apply for the exam.
- a final year candidate is also eligible to apply.
- only passing mark is required to apply in the exam.

- a candidate should be physically fit.
- you must be indian citizen.

number of attempts:-
- number of attempts of open category is four
- for o.b.c. Candidate is seven
- unlimited for sc/st candidates
8th May 2018, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam. I just complete my degree I'm not physically fit my right eye is good but my left eye is blurry otherwise no problem. Can I conduct upsc (IAS) exam?
9th January 2020, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

I have few backs in Bsc final year.can my backs affect my eligibility criteria for UPSC.
20th August 2020, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

What if My UPSC CSE Paper (Prelims)and Final Year (Graduation)Paper Falls On Same Day?
20th August 2020, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

What If My UPSC Prelims Paper And Final Year Graduation Paper Is On Same Day???
10th November 2020, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

If a candidate should pass in 2019 but the candidate pass out in 2020
Is the candidate is allow to apply for upsc exams
14th March 2021, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir. Completed 3years bcom but backlogs is are their can i apply uosc civil service
4th August 2021, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

If someone is pursuing their graduation from IGNOU, and due to some reasons they miss a exam in their final year so they'll have a graduation tenure of 3.5 years as the remaining exam will come in the next 6months. Is the student eligible to apply for the UPSC civil services exams? As IGNOU gives a time period of 6 years to complete graduation degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?