8th November 2011, 09:52 AM
crowcrowe

Which Companies in Mumbai give Employment for Statistician? In which posts a Statistician can be employed? Does M.Sc in Statistics different from M.Sc in Applied Statistics?

Hi friends,

I am pursuing Bsc in maths and would wish to do Msc in statistics so my question is which companies (in mumbai) employ a statistician and what are the names of the post that the statistician is employed for? Also is the salary good (eg. above 20K)?

Another question I have is that is Msc in statistics different from Msc in applied statistics? If so then what are the career options for an applied statistician?

Your answers can greatly help someones career so thanks in advance...

18th November 2011, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which Companies in Mumbai give Employment for Statistician? In which posts a Statistician can be employed? Does M.Sc in Statistics different from M.Sc in Applied Statistics?

What are the career for msc statistics students in MNC and in government jobs and how can one apply for the same
31st December 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which Companies in Mumbai give Employment for Statistician? In which posts a Statistician can be employed? Does M.Sc in Statistics different from M.Sc in Applied Statistics?

what post you can get in various companies of India after do
ing M.Sc in statistics?
13th March 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Does statistical career really has scope? Am planning to do Msc.Statistics. Please help
5th August 2012, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my bsc(mscs).now iam planning for m.sc.please help me out which colleges are offering this course in hyd.waht are the carrier oppportunities i have after completion of this course..
7th April 2013, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

I AM JUST IN MY LAST SEMESTER OF MSC IN STATISTICS. SO IS IT NECESSARY TO LEARN SAS TO GET THE JOB OR I CAN GET THE JOB WITHOUT SAS ALSO...AND PLEASE GUIDE ME THE BENEFITS OF SAS .....
3rd June 2017, 07:30 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

M.Sc in statistics (Masters of Science in statistics) is a post graduate course. This is 2 years course and this can be done as full time or part time basis. The eligibility required to get admission and the entrance exam details are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should complete their graduation in the same stream or any related stream like mathematics/ computer applications/ statistics etc with minimum 55% from any recognised university.
- The aggregate required may vary from university to university

The job opportunities for M.Sc statistics are:
- Statistician
- Biostatisticians
- Senior statistician
- Arithmetician
- Online tutor
- Assistant professor
- Statistical investigator
- Banking sector
- Scientific research organization

There are many companies which provide jobs for statistic students. Few companies are mentioned below.
- Urban pro
- Cactus companies Pvt.ltd
- ABC consultancy Pvt.ltd
- Trivium education services Pvt.ltd
- Golden opportunities Pvt.ltd
- FMCG Domain
- Wize careers consultants
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?