1st February 2010, 07:16 PM
AJAY vashi

After graduation should I go for some higher studies like ICWA, MBA or Job?

Hello,
I am ajay currently pursuing graduation in T.Y.B.COM (Accounting & finance) from mumbai. my question is after completing graduation should I go for some higher studies like ICWA OR MBA OR should I do a job in TCS for which i have been selected during campus placement held recently in our college.
Please suggest me on this matter..... THANK YOU

11th August 2011, 08:21 PM
sonia dahiya

Default Re: After graduation should I go for some higher studies like ICWA, MBA or Job?

i think ICWA is a bttr option..
11th August 2011, 10:45 PM
put007

Default Re: After graduation should I go for some higher studies like ICWA, MBA or Job?

Better opt for a job for atleast 2yrs get the experience and den apply for competitive exams and go for ur higher studies ,so that after cmpletin ur degree u ll definately get a good post....
12th August 2011, 12:14 AM
sagniktronics

Arrow Re: After graduation should I go for some higher studies like ICWA, MBA or Job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAY vashi View Post
Hello,
I am ajay currently pursuing graduation in T.Y.B.COM (Accounting & finance) from mumbai. my question is after completing graduation should I go for some higher studies like ICWA OR MBA OR should I do a job in TCS for which i have been selected during campus placement held recently in our college.
First of all CONGRATULATIONS for your job, i would like to remind you that if you are getting a job immediately after B.Com then you will be getting much better job if you pursue an MBA. Once if you go in to a job now you may reach at the top level of your dept. but it will take time or may be unfortunately you may not reach much higher posts in TCS( or any company) right now.
So. if you want to grow high in future then its better to go for higher study instead of going for a job. But if you need money for any reason now then you must go for the job,indeed TCS is a kind of firm for which any graduate works too hard to get it.
Saying from my own experience, i got a job in motorola semiconductors when i was in the 3rd year of my B.Tech. I dropped it since i was asked to sign a bond of 3 years...Now i am a research fellow in one of the leading institute of India.i am enjoying my lyf.
All the best.
12th August 2011, 01:24 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: After graduation should I go for some higher studies like ICWA, MBA or Job?

Quote:
Hello,

After graduation should I go for some higher studies like ICWA, MBA or Job?

Now in this modern world ,people needs higher degree to get high salary in job.But there is no essentiality.
  • If you are financially weak then please go for job then carry out your MBA or any other master degree from correapondance.
  • If you have time then you can join MBA/ICWA
  • Don't waste your time as you said earlier that you has been selected by TCS.If you are selected by TCS then join it and carry out your studies with corespondance courses.

You should go for higher degree if you have money and time
Go for job if you are financially weak or have no time.

With Regards
ravik1214
12th August 2011, 01:45 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Its good to know that you have been selected in a campus interview which was held at your college.TCS is a very good company & they provide the good oppportunities for the freshers to earn & learn as well through their experience.As now a days students are facing a lot of problem in getting jobs due to hard competition though they have a good education.As you are at this time at a very young age & as you are selected so it is advisable to you to grab this job first.After gain 2-3 years experience you have a better chances of promotion & higher salary package too.

And about your higher studies if you really interested in these courses then you can also do it through correspondence mode too or you can do them part time course as well instead of the regular one from an open university like IGNOU which offers the MBA programme.
12th August 2011, 06:33 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
Yes,after graduation you are able to go for higher study,
like you go for
Master course
MBA
M.COM
MCA
ICWA
CA
CS

many courses are there ,
if you go for job then you apply for all government related job like:-

UPSC job
Some private company job also............
12th August 2011, 08:30 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
It is a good decision by you , now a days for higher post & good salary you have to get higher education , it will be better to take any course from mba & icwai in correspondence as you are selected for job in tcs in campus selection .
once you will get mba certificate or cost accountant certificate you will get more salary than previous your post will also increase.
so carry on your job as well as study.

good luck.......
12th August 2011, 09:30 AM
shlrao
Senior Member+

I will suggest you to go for the higher study because when you will give 2-3 year more to your study then after that you are free to do any type of job. But if you join any job now then there is very less chance to do your further study because your all concentration will be on job not study.
12th August 2011, 09:31 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
Hello,

This is totally your decision to make.AS you are already selected in TCS you can join TCS as it is one of the big it company of India.You can get very good opportunity to grow in this company and can take the degree like MBA in correspondence simultaneously with the Job.

Or if you are interested in Higher studies you can join ICWAI as well.So it entirely your decision to make.So choose the one which you like the most and do your best.

Best Wishes....
12th August 2011, 10:49 AM
Bmsri

Its better for you to go for the job for which you have been selected in TCS and do not lose this opportunity.After gaining experience for 2 to 3 years in the company,you can do your higher study.This will always be an added advantage for you and you can easily find a good job in the same company or in a different company easily with the help of the experience you have got.
Good luck.
12th August 2011, 11:03 AM
saurav9889

mostly it depends on your personal inclinations on what you choose after graduation.as such every option has its own pros and cons.an m.com degree will further your knowledge in the subject as well as career prospects will improve.an mba degree will make you enter into corporate world and might offer good salary but work experience is an added advantage if you want to pursue mba.icwa is a professional certification and if possible you can carry it side by side with your regular study.
12th August 2011, 12:44 PM
manoj.vankadari

HELLO....
MR.Ajay

The three options that came into your mind were all good. Basing on the situation and conditions prevailing around you,you have to react........

CASE "1":
If your family financial back ground was good then you do your Higher studies(MBA)in foreign countries..........
CASE "2":
If your family financial back ground is not so good, you better join in the job......This also helps in gaining experience also in future you will have a better scope to apply for big companies than present.........

so my advice is to act according to the situation of your FAMILY.......all the best to your future.....
12th August 2011, 02:03 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
please do not let this oppurtunity to go if you had selected in the TCS that would be far more better than doing any higher study course.....................you will make your career in TCS only no need of any more study please.........................just make your mind on TCS and try to become the manager of TCS that would be better
14th August 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am placed in TCS too and in the ITIS sector. I have not yet got my joining and i would like to do my correspondence in MBA. Kindly let me kno if this wil help me and how best i can carry out my MBA along with the job??? Will it not be hectic? Is it better to take up correspondence rite now or after a year of work experience??
28th October 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

I am a bcom graduate. passed with 73% in year 2009. I joined Willis- Insurance & Reinsurance broking multinational organisation as soon as I completed my exams. Its been 2.5 years working with same org. I am in accounting and recovery dept.. I am enjoying my job at the moment. Post 2009, I also passed diploma in financial management from welingkar in 2010. post that its been a year break and now i want to continue my studies but am confused. as i m in financial organisation, i m looking to do valued course in finance which will be helpful career and growth wise.but can't afford to leave working. I m suggested by my friend to go for MBA in finance part time from somaiya or ICWAI. And MCOM in finance if none of anything..Please suggest. I am a person interested in finance,banking and accounting.
20th November 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

After MCA can i do icwai is it ok for me... currently I am working in a college...
28th January 2012, 04:35 PM
drurv

Once if you go in to a job now you may reach at the top level of your dept. but it will take time or may be unfortunately you may not reach much higher posts in TCS( or any company) right now.
So. if you want to grow high in future then its better to go for higher study instead of going for a job. But if you need money for any reason now then you must go for the job,indeed TCS is a kind of firm for which any graduate works too hard to get it.
Saying from my own experience, i got a job in motorola semiconductors when i was in the 3rd year of my B.Tech.
20th June 2014, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.com from Kolkata and awaiting for result. I don't want to study CA and CS. Please suggest any other career option
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?