10th November 2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in IIST for B.Tech? Is there any entrance exam for that?

how to get admission in iist for doing b tech?is there any entrance exam 4 that?and if there,wats d portion?

2nd December 2011, 04:07 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in IIST for B.Tech? Is there any entrance exam for that?

Hello Friend,
The eligibility criteria for appearing for the admission test in Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology is that you have to get minimum 70% marks in higher secondary or +2 examinations in science stream. 60% for reserved candidates. Also its mandatory to be an Indian national. If you fulfill all these criteria's then you can surely apply for the entrance test. Online registration has already started and it will be there till the end of this month of December 2011. The syllabus comprises of Physics,Chemistry and Maths. To know about the dates, filling of forms, complete syllabus and more information you can log onto www.iist.ac.in
14th June 2012, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get admission in IIST for B.Tech? Is there any entrance exam for that?

i want to admit my child in iist.she is reading in class 10th.after 10th if it is possible how can i procced.
19th July 2012, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

plz give me full criteria for addmission in iist and from where i get coching of it
25th August 2012, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

i want to join nasa as in research faculty,wherever i'm in 12th standard?
25th August 2012, 08:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is proud to be the first Space University of India. It was established in 2007 with the aim to fulfill the shortage of scientists and Engineers in the ISRO, India's premier space research organization known for its missions like Chandrayan.

IIST offer B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD courses in the field of space science and technology. The entire expenses of the course is taken care by the ISRO itself in the form of scholarships and assistantships. All the candidates who successfully pass from the IIST get direct job in the ISRO.

The process of admission in IIST for B.Tech course is quite different from other universities. Here your IIT-JEE and AIEEE score are irrelevant. In order to get admission for the B.Tech course, candidate is required to appear in entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) called ISAT .

The ISAT entrance test takes place every year in the month of April. There are test centers in various cities where students can appear for the ISAT Entrance exam conducted by the IIST. Some cities include:

Ahmedabad

Delhi

Chandigarh

Bangalore

Dehradun

Bhopal

Chennai

Allahabad

Calicut

Eligibility

1. Only Indian students can apply for ISAT entrance exam.

2. The maximum age to appear in the ISAT exam is 25 years.

3. The upper age limit is extended by 5 years for the SC/ST/PH candidates.

4. You need at least 70 percent marks in the 10th board exams.

5. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH require 60 percent marks.

6. You also need to pass 12th with PCM as the subjects and score at least 70 percent marks.

7. SC/ST/PH candidates only require 60 percent marks in 12th.

Please remember there is no relaxation for OBC candidates. The requirements for OBC is same as General candidates.

Seats

There are total of 156 seats for the B.Tech course in the IIST for the following courses:

B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering: 60 seats

B.Tech. in Avionics: 60 seats

B.Tech. in Physical Sciences: 36 seats
25th August 2012, 09:11 PM
snehilkumar10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to admit my child in iist.she is reading in class 10th.after 10th if it is possible how can i procced.
sir/mam,
u can admit your child in iist when she will complete her 12th. She can give an entrance exam for qualifying.
it is not possible now.
20th October 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

can i give iist entrance exam while studying 12th? because our 12 results r not declared before april?
so pls tell me wat to do??
16th May 2013, 07:03 AM
Unregistered

Do u take ur own entrance test or with the help of jee mains we may apply?
4th June 2013, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

sir i hve not got 70 percentage in
20th May 2015, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Is JEE Mains marks is also comsidered in 2015 batch
9th August 2017, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

My brother want to admit in iist. He is in 11th class and studying biological science(biology,physics,maths,chemistry). If he possible to apply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?