18th October 2010, 02:29 PM
suthar Dhaval

I don't have much knowledge about Computers, should I still do Computer Science Engineering (B.Tech)?

I Am recently doing my 12th..
i m confuse that further which engineer stream i take.....
i taken computer science subject as vocational...but i coundn't unerstand anything ....
i want to be a cs or mechanical
what is right choice......plz help me.....

Related Questions:
18th October 2010, 03:52 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: I don't have much knowledge about Computers, should I still do Computer Science Engineering (B.Tech)?

Dear Dhaval,
Your worries are genuine.But in reality there is nothing to worry about the Computers.None of us acquire any knowledge by birth,we get to learn it when the need arises.Once you take up the CS engg.you will slowly and steadily learn about it,its not a big deal at all.But you should go by your interests about choosing the branch.Both of the branches do have bright future.And of course you can also take up some computer course in meantime so that you can get along with it. best wishes.
18th October 2010, 04:21 PM
koli

Default Re: I don't have much knowledge about Computers, should I still do Computer Science Engineering (B.Tech)?

hello friend,
i am a BCA student and when i was in 12th i also did not know much about computers except MS Office word, power point and poor typing skills :P
but computer has always been a interest to me so i took BCA and the whole course of BCA is totally different from what we have learn in 10+2.
the computer based subjects for CS/BCA are mainly C, C++, Java, Data structure etc. which we generally don't learn in 10+2 or don't get very clear idea about these languages.
we all learn these in college and to learn this we don't have to know about computers.
so you can do computer science engineering.
but if you still have doubt to take CS, then you can go for mechanical engineering.
after all its your life and you have to take the decision.
we are here to give you suggestions..
all the best.
18th October 2010, 05:22 PM
yogananda143

ofcouerse CS is better when compared to MEC,
*though u didn't know much about computers there is nothing to worry,they will teach u everything
18th October 2010, 06:05 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: I don't have much knowledge about Computers, should I still do Computer Science Engineering (B.Tech)?

it doesnt matter how much knowledge you r having before doing b.tech but it matters after completing b.tech . and if computer is your interest and u love programming then u should go for computer science and engineering .with time and interest you will learn so many thing . dont be confused about your career .dont try somany fields at a time if it suits ur interest the u surely go for it and be confident on urself. good luck for yur future
18th October 2010, 07:30 PM
nidhilpalakkal

Post Re: I don't have much knowledge about Computers, should I still do Computer Science Engineering (B.Tech)?

i dont't think that you do not have knowledge in computer science. since u r studying computer in your +2 course that will be a boost to your b-tech studies for sure.
i think that you are learning c/c++ for your +2 course. Don't worry if you cannot able to follow it. Just learn as you like that will not be a problem. i am a computer engineer i took biology insteas of computer for my +2. that never affet my b-tech studies. so this will not be a problem for your b-tech studies.

another thing is that whether you need to take mechanical or computer. both the field has its own importance as far as the market is concern the opennings for computer science is more than that of mechanical but the number of mechanical engineers are less. so both the courses has its own importance.another important thing is that its your interest rather than anybody else so take the decision first and work according to that .
good luck
18th October 2010, 07:59 PM
shreyasriv

It's very necessary to understand everything whatever you are studying in computer science.If you are not understanding then there is not possible to become a software or mechanical enginneer.So,choose those field that you can understand and that will give benefit to you than that you are doing.
18th October 2010, 08:58 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Don't be puzzled ,always try to find the right destination of your life.
Take a right decision and devote yourself to achieve your goal successfully.

According to your given information I think you have more interest in computer.as you have already get admitted in a vocational computer course.

It a very good thing to take the Computer as your educational friend in higher study as there are so many door open for a computer engineer.

However,to take admission in engineering of Computer Sc. branch you may sit in various engineering entrance exams such as:

WBJEE,
IIT-JEE,
AIEEE
etc...

You should not be afraid of that you don't know about the computer,it does not matter,you can positively take admission in B.Tech.
Personally ,I can say you that I had touched the computer first time after the admission in B.Tech.

It also a matter of thinking that the recession in Software sector was started
but don't be afraid the software market is gradually increasing.

If you thing about the recession ,you can get admitted in some core engineering branches such as Mechanical,Civil,Electrical etc....

After all everything is depend on you,your willingness .

Good luck.
18th October 2010, 09:18 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
First of all u shud see what's ur field of interest. if ur much interested in mechanical then go for it dont tie urself up with the stuff that's not of ur taste. Well besides this mechanical engineering is of much in demand and is facing less competion w.r.t other engineering streams. So my suggestion is mechanical for u.
thank u
19th October 2010, 03:31 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

much knowledge about Computers are not required for doing Computer Science Engineering (B.Tech).

the main things which is required is concept about math.

all the best............
19th October 2010, 04:09 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Dude,
I had a good knowlede of computers. So I chose CSE, but it was different. I thought that I would become a hacker after doing CSE, but it is not true. CSE is a different thing. you don't need to be an expert in computers to opt CSE. I you are interested in logical thinking and creating real world things through programming, then its the best option for you.
19th October 2010, 04:41 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Hey ,
there will be no problem for you..if you persue Comp Sc. in B.tech if you dont have any computer knowledge in 12th..
Its my personal experience...which.made me feelm that in B.tech...you will learn computers right from the basics...from the first year...which will increase its level gradually...

Good luck !!
19th October 2010, 09:17 PM
aryan0411

hi dhaval....
its human tendency to run away against smthing difficult....... try to fight back and see which part u r lacking interest.....entire subject cnt be tasteless......try to gv more time and concentration on the part u fl difficult....... once u understand im sure u wnt frgt it easily .........
19th October 2010, 11:52 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear these bothe the streams are good on there places as you told you dont understand anything in the computer then i want to tell you that up to the 12th class everything told you is in sort or directbut in the engineering you will going to the depth of the subject where everything is clear to you.
but if you are confused then it is more better to take mechanical it is ever green branch
you will get good job in future.ok best of luck
20th October 2010, 06:30 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: I don't have much knowledge about Computers, should I still do Computer Science Engineering (B.Tech)?

Now days computer info is one such issue which is expected to be familier by every person either he/she is related to it or not. If you dont know about computer then its fine. If you are willing to become a Computer Engineer than you must have some what interest in this feild. If you dont know about computer then its ok but ask your self that are you willing to know about this or not.
Analys your self and carry on. Thank You
29th April 2011, 01:38 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Yes you can go for it....but you have to work hard i suggests you choose computer science if you have interest in or otherwise leave..
7th August 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Q-> I am a B.tech(IT) student.At initial I want to learn subject more but after sometime it become uncomfortable. So what can i do? Am i not able to be a IT professinal???
21st August 2011, 03:44 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthar Dhaval View Post
i taken computer science subject as vocational...but i coundn't unerstand anything ....
these both fields have so much scope for future.if u have interest in computer related programming then u should choose computer branch and if u have interest to get a job in public sector then u should choose mechenical branch.
mechenical branch is hard as compare to computer branch.
so its depend on your choice and your interest.

all the best
10th May 2013, 02:08 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: I don't have much knowledge about Computers, should I still do Computer Science Engineering (B.Tech)?

HI

Your prior knowledge is not required. there are many people who dont even know anything about computer after passing B.E
To choose between CS and Mechanical totally depends on your interest.
Mechanical is ever green branch. It provides placements even when rest of branches dont.
CS and IT are on boom these days as its a computer era ( but doesnt mean mechanical has gone down, its always up)
Try to decide where you would like to work in future and take decision accordingly

all the best
11th May 2013, 03:15 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthar Dhaval View Post

Dear Aspirant,

No one has total knowledge in the Computers.But the generations now are very much used to computer but that is not sufficient for doing the engineering.

So you need not worry about that lack of knowledge.The academics is planned in such a way that a naive student also becomes a professional in some or the other subject from the plan of academics of engineering.

So just worry about the preparation and planning.Rest all the knowledge and all is obtained normally.

Even i was in a same situation when i took this engineering field but now i am master with computers.

So no worries just take the course and deep heartedly study the engineering.Am sure you will come out with flying colors.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
5th June 2014, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

i had taken up bio with math in my class 12. Consequently, I'm eligible for both medicine( even BDS) and engineering courses.
My first preference is medicine.
since I'm an NRI, I didn't get a seat through merit in medicine but got a pretty decent rank in few colllges.
I'm the fun type girl with yes lil brains but I'm not thaaaaaaaaat hardworking. do you think ill do good once i join medical or disappoint my parents?
should i take it up?
5th August 2014, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

friends i have one qustions to ask.
iam ashif iam during my career 3rd BSC CT, i have intrested in web design.
bt i have no more knowledge in computer.
how to improve my self.
Plz give me a suggesssion for me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?