20th October 2010, 10:47 PM
romilakr.sinha

List of books to be referred for PSU exam such as SAIL,BHEL,GAIL in the field of HR?

please suggest names of books for preparation of PSU exams such as SAIL, BHEL, GAIL etc in the field of HR

12th April 2011, 09:34 PM
dava

Default Re: List of books to be referred for PSU exam such as SAIL,BHEL,GAIL in the field of HR?

The pattern for engineering courses would be , like that of GATE , so , you can have some good gate books and prepare from them which are related to the subject .There are different books for different subjects .
For HR you need to have some good managerial skills , along with these skills you should be good with your English and you got to be spontaneous . some books could be ..

1. Competency at work by Spencer & Spencer (best book on competency)
2. The Compensation handbook by Lance & Dorothy Berger (complete resource on compensation)
3. Leadership challenge by Kouzes & Posner (simple but powerful lessons on leadership)
4. The leadership engine by Noel Tichy (a real gem on leadership)
5. How to identify your organization’ s training needs by John H McConnell
6. First break all the rules by Buckingham & Coffman (one of the best book on employee engagement)
7. Execution by Larry Bossidy & Ram Charan (read it for the chapter on people process)
8. Abolishing Performance Appraisal by Tom Coens & Mary Jenkins (best book I have read on Performance Appraisal)
9. Wisdom of Teams by Katzenbach & Smith (great introduction to teams)
25th May 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: List of books to be referred for PSU exam such as SAIL,BHEL,GAIL in the field of HR?

tell me name of important books for banks p.o
17th June 2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

please suggest the name of book for PSU in electrical branch ?
24th June 2011, 08:29 AM
lucy rati

is there any book that can be helpful for the prepration of NHPC-management trainee (HR)
22nd July 2011, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

May i get the list of some good books fo PSU exam for electronics & telecom engi?
31st July 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

best book for the preparation of computer programmer in nic
31st July 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

best book for the post of compute programmer in nic
30th September 2011, 08:11 PM
ANKIT050

List of books to be referred for PSU exam such as SAIL,BHEL,GAIL in the field of HR?

The pattern for engineering courses would be , like that of GATE , so , you can have some good gate books and prepare from them which are related to the subject .There are different books for different subjects .
For HR you need to have some good managerial skills , along with these skills you should be good with your English and you got to be spontaneous . some books could be ..

1. Competency at work by Spencer & Spencer (best book on competency)
2. The Compensation handbook by Lance & Dorothy Berger (complete resource on compensation)
3. Leadership challenge by Kouzes & Posner (simple but powerful lessons on leadership)
4. The leadership engine by Noel Tichy (a real gem on leadership)
5. How to identify your organization’ s training needs by John H McConnell
6. First break all the rules by Buckingham & Coffman (one of the best book on employee engagement)
7. Execution by Larry Bossidy & Ram Charan (read it for the chapter on people process)
8. Abolishing Performance Appraisal by Tom Coens & Mary Jenkins (best book I have read on Performance Appraisal)
9. Wisdom of Teams by Katzenbach & Smith (great introduction to teams)

ankit
21st February 2012, 09:39 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: List of books to be referred for PSU exam such as SAIL,BHEL,GAIL in the field of HR?

Hi

Some of the best books for the PSU preparations for the HR are as follows ::

These are some of the General books which you can refer for the HR Preparations, but I must inform you that from now on, most of the PSU's would recruit on the basis of the GATE Score and rank that you score.

So to know more about how to prepare for the GATE and PSU's, Please Click Here

Apart from that, to know more about the books to be followed Please Click Here

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
22nd February 2012, 12:00 AM
simmi9044

Thumbs up Re: List of books to be referred for PSU exam such as SAIL,BHEL,GAIL in the field of HR?

There have many books
available in the market for
PSU and GATE exam.
but some of very good them
are
1.gk publication. 2.penticehall publication.
3.hunda & hunda.
4.rajput.
5.gulgutia.
6. general aptitude test book
by GK publishers Are some of the best sellers
books for preparation of PSU
exams.
22nd February 2012, 12:27 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

You can refer the following books for PSU exam as under-

SAIL EXAM:-
Guide to SAIL Electronics Engineering
G.K. Publications
ISBN NO-9788183552226

BHEL EXAM:-

Book:Study Guide BHEL Engineer Trainees Electronics And Communication Engineering (Includes Technical And Non Technical Sections)
Author:G K P
ISBN:8183552471
ISBN-13:9788183552479
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd.
Language: English
25th February 2012, 01:49 AM
tanu47

Please go for the following books as under-
Bhel Exam:-
Book:Study Guide BHEL Engineer Trainees Electronics And Communication Engineering (Includes Technical And Non Technical Sections)
Author:G K P
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd.
Language: English
Sail Exam:-
Guide to SAIL Electronics Engineering
G.K. Publications
14th April 2012, 03:03 PM
neat_raw

There have many books available in the market for PSU and GATE exam.

1.gk publication. 2.penticehall publication.
3.hunda & hunda.
4.rajput.
5.gulgutia.
6. general aptitude test book
29th June 2012, 06:49 PM
monuso

list are:
1. R.k. JAin
2. Made Easy PSU
3. J.B.Gupta
4. GULGOTIYA
5. G.K.Publication
6th February 2013, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

please tell me the best book which i can refer to clear bhel entrance exam( management trainees in HR)
31st May 2013, 08:48 PM
lipusahoo141
Senior Member+

dear friend.....

List of books to be referred for PSU exam such as SAIL,BHEL,GAIL in the field of HR
---------------------------------

1.First break all the rules by Buckingham & Coffman
2.Competency at work by Spencer & Spencer
3.Wisdom of Teams by Katzenbach & Smith
4.Execution by Larry Bossidy & Ram Charan
5.The leadership engine by Noel Tichy
6.First break all the rules by Buckingham & Coffman
7.Competency at work by Spencer & Spencer
8.Abolishing Performance Appraisal by Tom Coens & Mary Jenkins
9.The leadership engine by Noel Tichy
10.The Compensation handbook by Lance & Dorothy Berger
11.general aptitude test book
12.gk publication
13.Abolishing Performance Appraisal by Tom Coens & Mary Jenkins
14.Leadership challenge by Kouzes & Posner
15.penticehall publication.
18th June 2017, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

I am doing integrated mba and am in my 3rd year now. And i will be choosing h.r and operations as my main streams for mba.
So which books should i study to prepare for Bhel sail ntpc etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?