20th November 2011, 10:45 PM
madarchoddj

After doing B.Tech from UGC recognized university am I eligible for UPSC exam?

answer the given question? [5]
Q-i am doing btech from sharda university and its only ugc recognised but not aicte .i want to know am i elllegible for upsc exams i.e IAS .IES.CDS????
REPLY SOOON

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be eligible to get a job in UPSC?
  2. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject?
  3. List of institutes which offers M.Phil for a candidate who have secured 50% in M.A.?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D through UGC NET after completion of M.Sc Geography from Andhra University?
  5. How to become a custom officer in Airport? I have completed BSc with 55%
  6. Is RVD university is recognized by AICTE or UGC? I'm doing B.Tech(Electronics and telecommunication) and in 7th sem
  7. Is it safe to do Ph.D course in Singhania University? Is it recognized by UGC?
  8. Am I eligible to get a job in government sector if I have my PG certificate which is not recognized by UGC? -- [New]
  9. Can I apply for UPSC exam after doing B.Tech Bioinformatics from SRM university?
  10. Can I be eligible for government job after doing my diploma from UGC recognized university?
  11. Am I eligible to write CAT if my college is not recognized by UGC or AICTE?
  12. Am I eligible to get the scholarship for taking admission in UGC recognized university if I have qualified GPAT exam?
  13. Is kurushetra university UGC and NCVT recognized in Bihar?
  14. Am I eligible for IIMs having completed Graduation from a UGC recognized university but not by AICTE?
  15. Is it possible to get admission in UGC recognized university for doing M.A after B.A through non UGC university?
  16. Is it possible to do M.Tech from top UGC recognized university after the completion of B.Tech by distance learning?
  17. Is RVD universities recognized university? Can I appear for GATE exam after completing B.Tech?
  18. Am I eligible for Government job after completing my diploma course from UGC recognized University?
21st November 2011, 08:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After doing B.Tech from UGC recognized university am I eligible for UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madarchoddj View Post
Q-i am doing btech from sharda university and its only ugc recognised but not aicte .i want to know am i elllegible for upsc exams i.e IAS .IES.CDS????
REPLY SOOON
If your degree college is approved by UGC then you are eligible for all UPSC exams.UPSC exams are IAS , IPS , SCRA , IES . NDA etc.

The details about UPSC exam is given below.

DETAILS ABOUT UPSC EXAM

Civil service exam exam conducted by UPSC.There is no marks criteria.Only graduate are applicable for you.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 27 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 30 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in
16th December 2011, 12:34 AM
tariqlko01

Default Re: After doing B.Tech from UGC recognized university am I eligible for UPSC exam?

Yes you are definitely eligible for UPSC exams.

The exams require you to be a graduate.

You should study well in the preparation of these exams to secure your desired job or higher studies.
16th December 2011, 11:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
REPLY SOOON
Yes, Definitely You are eligible to apply for UPSC Examinations, After completing B.tech Course form a UGC Recognised Universities.

UPSC (Union Public Service Comission) and it Conducts various examinations like Civil Services, NDA, CDS, SCRA, IES, IFS and Many Other Examination.

If you have completed your B.tech degree course form a UGC Recognised University, then you are eligible to apply for Civil services examination to become IAS/IPS Officer, also apply for IES and CDS Examination. CDS Examination is Conducted twice in a year for the Recruitment of IMA/ OTA/ Naval Wings/ Air Force Academy.

UPSC Civil services examination is also conducted by UPSC In 2 stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Preliminary examination is also called CSAT (Civil services aptitude test), This is Objective type and there are 2 papers in this examination and both are of same marks and duration and conducted in same day, Those who cracked the Preliminary examination are eligible for Main examination.

To apply for Civil services examination, you must have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University and you must have attained the age of 21 years and not attained the age of 30 Years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

If you are Interested in Civil services examination, then please fill the online application form soon after declaring the Notification, the Notification will be Published on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination 05/March/2012 and the examination will be held on 20/May/2012.

You are also eligible for IES Examination only if you have completed you B.tech in these Disciplines :

>> Civil Engineering
>> Mechanical Engineering
>> Electrical Engineering
>> Electronics & telecommunication Engineering

M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject are also apply for IES Examination, To apply for this examination, you must attained the age of 21 years and Not attained the age of 30 years, the Notification of IES Examination will be Published on 25/Feb/2012. So please wait for the IES Examination Notification and then apply for this examination.

You are also eligible for CDS Examination, But to apply for this examination, you must have attained the age of 19 Years and Not have attained the age of 25 Years, no upper age relaxation is applicable in this exam.

So, please dont worry after completing your B.tech you are eligible for all these UPSC examination and if you need more Information, then please check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
17th December 2011, 06:37 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
REPLY SOOON
HI,
Yes, you are eligible for U.P.S.C exam after completing your B.Tech.

C.D.S exam is conducted twice in a year. I.E.S/I.A.S exam conducted once in a year.

Eligibility criteria I.P.S/I.A.S:-
> Pass the graduation from recognized university.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For OBC category :- 21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year
> Number of attempts:-
For open category:- 4
For ST/SC category:-7

Eligibility Criteria for C.D.S:-
> Pass graduation/engineering from recognized university.
> Age limit:- 19-24 year

ALL THE BEST!
17th December 2011, 08:38 AM
jjoshua1995
Member+

Smile Re: After doing B.Tech from UGC recognized university am I eligible for UPSC exam?

Quote:
REPLY SOOON
YES YOU ARE ELIGIBLE BUT THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT IS YOU MUST HAVE COMPLETED THE GRADUATE IN YOUR BTECH THEN YOU CAN APPLY FOR IT I WILL GIVE YOU THE OTHER DETAILS
4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates
17th December 2011, 06:44 PM
jayparikh

Smile Re: After doing B.Tech from UGC recognized university am I eligible for UPSC exam?

Quote:
REPLY SOOON
Is degree from UGC recognized university valid for UPSC?

Hi friend,

see, its a rule by this government bodies that , private universities which is approved by UGC(University Grant commission) can award a degree and their degree is valid everywhere.only private Institute needs approval from AICTE and they need to affiliate their institute to some government university.

so,No need to worry. Most private universities are only UGC approved. you can definitely sit for UPSC exam or any other exam , your degree is valid every where.

so,just concentrate on your study, I am glad that you have chosen to serve the country.

for any other query , please post it here.

best of luck

regards.
22nd February 2012, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC job with UGC approved university's degree but not UGC recognized degree? Mean ( university is UGC recognized but degree offered by university in not UGC recognized - (under Section 22(3)- UGC act )
24th March 2012, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

I am planning to do my BCA from Dr. C V Raman University under UGC.. Am I eligible to study abroad and work there. Please guide
30th May 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

sir, i want to do B-Tech in civil engineering from KSOU THAT IS UGC AND DEC APPROVED . Can i will be eligible for UPSC exams and uttar pradesh PWD DEPARTMENT EXAMS?
SUSHEEL KUMAR
SHAHJAHANPUR , UP,
[email protected]
8th June 2012, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

can i elligible for gate if i done my b.tech from a UGC recognized university ?
28th June 2012, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

i m doing b tech from ugc approved university , can i gine cds exam ,
28th June 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

hello , i hve done my b tech from ugc approved university .can i give cds exam
16th December 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

after qualifying gate exam, what the criteria for counselling and iits need approved from aicte or not if a private university is recognised by ugc but not from aicte ?
16th December 2012, 10:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For IAS exam you need a UGC recognised degree so you will be eligible for IAS exam .

Hence don't worry about the eligibility and start preparing for the IAS exam.

The age must be between 21 to 30 years if you are general category candidate.

There is age relaxation available for SC/ST for 5 years , 3 years for OBC and 10 years for PWD.

The IAS exam is divided into 3 stages:

-CSAT

-IAS Mains

-Personal Interview

If you perform well in above exams then you will be selected for the job.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th August 2013, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

after doing btech from only ugc approved university,i am elligible for all civil services and gate exam
12th September 2013, 05:17 AM
Unregistered

As I am done with B-tech in Electronics and communication from MBU college which is recognized by Government of HP India here is the link of the approval http://www.manavbhartiuniversity.edu.in/about-us/approvals.html of the University, With these approvals am I eligible to do Maters from Germany.
Please revert me on this and do the needful.

[email protected]
16th December 2013, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.tech from private university recognised by ugc but not by AICTE. Am I Eligibble for IBPS or SBI bank exams. ?plz reply
6th March 2014, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

After doing b.tech from u.g.c.approved but not aicte approved : am i aligible for study masters degree in abroad?
15th May 2014, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

After doing b tech from UGC am i elligible to study MS in US ?
Can i write GRE exams ?
27th June 2014, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

After doing aircraft maintenance engineering am I apply in upsc,plz reply soon!
14th August 2014, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Sorry to say but you are not.
AME is just a certificate course even its not a diploma therefore you are not eligible for either UPSC,GATE,CAT
14th October 2014, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

I am b.tech persuing student from UGC . Is it neceessary to give GATE exam to get job in UPSE. Please reply soon
By
Anjana
14th October 2014, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

I am B.tech pursuing student from UGC from CSE branch.Is it necessary to give GATE exam to get job in UPSE.
please reply soon.
13th December 2014, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

I.have done my degree in cv raman university bilaspur kolkata which is certified from ugc. Now i need to know that can i apply for govt job in karntaka with.my degree
25th July 2015, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir i wanted to do btech from distance education please suggest me if btech from sharadha university or lovely professional university is valid or not pls answer me sir iam waiting pls pls
26th July 2015, 06:12 PM
channu tiwari

Eligibility for UPSC is not concerned with any technical education. You must have minimum graduation degree from any recognised institution. So you do remain eligible. go on preparing.
All the best.
Thanks
12th September 2015, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

After doing b tech from RASHTRIYA VISHWA VIDYAPEETH MUMBAI is approved by DEC it is acieated by colabration of PEBBLE HILLS UNIVERSITY but not ugc&aicet approval am i elligible to study MS in US ?
PLZ ANSWER ME FAST TO THIS MAIL [email protected]
14th September 2015, 12:04 AM
JSD.

Of course definitely you are eligible for the upsc exam after your B.tech degree.The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is to have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with good percentile.

Also the appearing aspirants age must lie in between 21 years to 30 years as GE category to be eligible for this course.The reserved category aspirants like Sc/St get the relaxation by 5 years and the obc category aspirants get the relaxation by 3 years.

There is no limit to attempt the exam for Sc/St/PD aspirants.For Obc aspirants 7 attempts are given and for general it is 4.
31st May 2016, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation from a college which has academic collabration with SINGHANIA UNIVERSITY(UGC recognised). Can I write UPSC civils exam.Please do answer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?