26th November 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army? What are the vacancies in Indian Army?

1.What elegbility must to join indian army?
2.what are the vacaencies of indian army?

6th December 2011, 06:36 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army? What are the vacancies in Indian Army?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friend,
An individual can join Indian Army as an officer or as an Soldier.
To join as an officer, one must have qualified +2 level of exam. After qualifying +2 one can write NDA exam conducted by UPSC.The age limit to apply for the NDA is 16 1/2- 19 years.
For graduates another exam is conducted by UPSC which is called Combined Defense Service Exam.The age limit to write the exam is 19-24 years.A graduate in any discipline can write the exam.
To join as a soldier, the candidate must have passed secondary examination with a minimum of 45% marks.
For more information click here.
14th December 2011, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army? What are the vacancies in Indian Army?

Ihave done MBA mkt and Human Resource . may ! I join to indian army. Plz tell me how to join army
14th December 2011, 08:42 PM
dev99

to join indian army you can apply after 12th as in NDA age limit 16&1/2 to 19 and to join in graduate level you can appear in CDS.appart from that indian army invites application for technical staff which can be obtained from freshers world govt jobs sec defebce section.you can apply there.and check regularly upsc.gov.in for defence openings
14th December 2011, 10:17 PM
ZXCVBNM123456789

Post Re: Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army? What are the vacancies in Indian Army?

To join as an officer, one must have qualified +2 level of exam. After qualifying +2 one can write NDA exam conducted by UPSC.The age limit to apply for the NDA is 16 1/2- 19 years.
For graduates another exam is conducted by UPSC which is called Combined Defense Service Exam.The age limit to write the exam is 19-24 years.A graduate in any discipline can write the exam.
To join as a soldier, the candidate must have passed secondary examination with a minimum of 45% marks.

technical officer 10+2( 70% pcm)
or graduation
best of luck
15th December 2011, 07:14 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
There are two ways to join Indian army are:-
>>N.D.A(after passing 12th)
>>C.D.S(after passing graduation)

Both N.D.A, C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

In both the exam selection procedure is same.

There are 3 steps of selection:-
-Written exam.
-Interview
-medical exam.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
15th December 2011, 10:58 AM
abhisek.sonu

Hello friend,
For graduates another exam is conducted by UPSC which is called Combined Defense Service Exam.The age limit to write the exam is 19-24 years.A graduate in any discipline can write the exam
30th December 2011, 07:48 PM
jeo-rocks

NDA [NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY], exam is conducted by the union public service commission every year.

Through this examination, one can apply in all the combatant branches of the INDIAN army , i.e.-
>> Indian Army
>> Indian Air force
>> Indian Navy

For appear in this examination, you must possess 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

For NAVAL & AIR FORCE WING ,you must have +2 with (10th +2) pattern in school education and must have physics and mathematics as subjects

The candidates must be a citizen of India.

The candidates must be a unmarried male candidate.

The candidates must have a age limit of 16 1/2-19 years. There is not any kind of age relaxations are applicable for any reserved category.

nda exam pattern-

Physical requirements-
2nd January 2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

hi,i am doing diploma in mechanical and i want to join indian army,are there any chances ?
2nd January 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
iam student studying in class 12th commerce stream. i would like to join the indian army. my father was HAVILDAR in the army. he had done his 20 yrs of service and had died when he was in the service.
sir , please help in whether in can continue my fathers service and how can i join the indian army. what are special exemptions while entering in army through my fathers service.

please reply for this to my emil id - [email protected]

ABHILASH K.A
4th January 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir
I am Kapil Tiwari and i have done graduation in 2009,and i want join to Indian Army,So Dear Sir i want suggestion for you,so please suggest me what i will have to do, for joining
Indian Army,
Thank You Sir
4th January 2012, 08:58 PM
jsravankumar

respected sir,
I completed my MCA in 2011,with 78.03%.
I completed my B.Sc in 2008,with 58.3%.
I completed my Intermediate in 2005,with 54%.
and
I completed my SSC in 2003,with 76%.
dob 08-mar-1987,

I want to join in our great INDIAN Army,
sir, please guide me further .
please send details to my mail [email protected] .
6th January 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i have done b.com 1n 2010. I want to join india army,pls suggest me the way

reply me [email protected]
Deepika
7th January 2012, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

sir,
requested that i am tapas kumar dash i have complite B.A artes with honers
i want to join indian army
so that i requested pleasse suggest me what i will have to do, for joining
my e mail id ([email protected] )
8th January 2012, 08:40 AM
Unregistered

Respect sir i am just studied up to 8th and my age is 24years is it possibble to join the indian army if yes than how pls give me answer jai hind jai jawan
20th January 2012, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
I completed my BCA in 2011,with 64.38%.
I completed my Intermediate in 2007,with 42.20%.
and
I completed my SSC in 2004,with 53.60%.
dob 15-OCT-1987,
and i am OBC candidate,
I want to join in The our great INDIAN Army in childhood,
sir, please guide me further imedetly.
please send details to my mail................. [email protected]
or call me sir...................
and my mobile number is 9835103556, 9431743525.
22nd January 2012, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

i passed ncc 'c' certificate n graduate how can i join in Indian army?
24th January 2012, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my b.a degree and my d.o.b is 25-07-1988,can i join army,my gmail id is [email protected]
25th January 2012, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

I am in diploma civil engineering 3rd yearand i want to join indian army,are there any chances ?
25th January 2012, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Res/Sir, i am Shanjeev Kumar, can I join indian army after 10 2. In science stream.but at present i have completed 04yr service in central police force. My educational qualification is one yr. Computer diploma in DCA. And NCC 'B' certificate. 10 2 in physics, chemistry, mathematics and english. sir if any procedure can i join this and serve this nation. Thanks Regards, Shanjeev Kumar.
25th January 2012, 10:04 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Friend,

Current Vacancies in Indian Army are as follows.............

Indian Army Recruitment 2012
32nd NCC Entry Scheme in SSC: Indian Army has issued notification for unmarried male & female candidates for filling up of 58 vacancies through NCC special entry scheme Oct-12 in Short Service Commission. Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format on or before 01-02-2012. The information about age limit, educational qualification, how to apply and other information of Indian Army Recruitment is mentioned below…

Indian Army Vacancy details:
Total no. of posts: 58 posts
Name of the Posts:
1. NCC Men: 50 Posts
2. NCC Women: 08 Posts

Age limit:
The age limit is between 19-25 years for NCC (Including wards of battle causalities)

Educational qualification:
Candidates may see Advt for more details regarding educational qualifications.

Selection procedure:
The mode of selection is through Physical & Medical Test/Psychological Test/Group Test/and interview basis.

How to apply:
The eligible candidates have to apply through prescribed format, along with all necessary certificates attested in closed envelop to nearest NCC office form where C certificate has been issued. Armed forces serving applicants must send a copy to OC, NCC Unit, and another to DG, NCC, West Block-IV, RK Puram, New Delhi-110066.

I have also attached the details of eligibility criteria for different post in Indian Army.....

Download the following...................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf elgibility_criteria_3.pdf(19.9 KB, 157 views)
25th January 2012, 10:10 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Indian Army can be joined in two ways one through NDA and other through CDS exam.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male within the age group of 16.5 to 19 years having either appeared final 12th exam or passed from any stream is eligible to apply for Indian Army of NDA.

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Indian Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National within the age of 19 to 25 years of age having either appeared final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream is eligible to apply for Indian Military and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

For more details you may log on to www.upsc .gov.in
25th January 2012, 10:19 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for Indian Army :-

1) 10+2 (Through NDA)

You have to take an entry level exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to join NDA (National Defence Academy).
Eligibility for UPSC exam :-
a) Sex :- Male.
b) Age Limit :- Between 16 1/2 and 19.

Application Forms are published in leading
newspapers during March /April.

The UPSC (NDA) exam is conducted twice a year (April and October)in all major cities throughout India.

Each year course start twice January and July. The NDA examination will be held on 15th April 2012

UPSC (NDA) Syllabus is based on CBSE syllabus.

After clearing the written exam you have to go through a five-day interview process with the State Selection Board (SSB) which is the final step .

On completion of the NDA course, you are sent to the respective service academies for your pre- commission training.

2) Engineering Graduates (Direct Entry)

Engineering graduate can join the Indian Military Academy directly.

So, you only need to attend the Service Selection Board (SSB) interview.

Eligibility :-
Age Limit :- Between 20-27 years at the time of joining.
26th January 2012, 12:35 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend you can join in Indian Army through defense service exams like-

1.NDA

2.CDS
etc..

If you are pursuing 12th , then you can go for NDA exam..

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

For Army wing:-

1.Candidate has to complete the 12th in any trade.

2.Candidate who is appearing for 12th board exam can also apply for it.

3.Age should be in between 16.5-19 years.

4.Candidate must be physically fit.

5.Candidate should be unmarried male.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to apply for NDA exam.

Eligibility for CDS exam:-

For Indian Military Academy:-
1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.
2.Final year candidate can also apply for it.
3.Age should be in between 19-24 years.
4.Candidate must be unmarried male.
5.Candidate should be physically fit.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to apply for CDS exam.

All the best.
26th January 2012, 07:39 AM
adlsm

hey friend
You can join Indian Army as an officer or as a Soldier.

For graduates another exam is conducted by UPSC which is called Combined Defense Service Exam.The age limit to write the exam is 19-24 years.
for fore info visit www.upsc.gov.in
26th January 2012, 10:41 AM
mani_baban

Cool Re: Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army? What are the vacancies in Indian Army?

NDA [NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY], exam is conducted by the union public service commission every year.

Through this examination, one can apply in all the combatant branches of the INDIAN army , i.e.-
>> Indian Army
>> Indian Air force
>> Indian Navy

For appear in this examination, you must possess 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

For NAVAL & AIR FORCE WING ,you must have +2 with (10th +2) pattern in school education and must have physics and mathematics as subjects

The candidates must be a citizen of India.

The candidates must be a unmarried male candidate.

The candidates must have a age limit of 16 1/2-19 years. There is not any kind of age relaxations are applicable for any reserved category.

nda exam pattern-

Physical requirements-
30th January 2012, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Sir i want to become a pilot in indianarmy wht the procedure n qualification for ths. Pls tell me sir.
3rd February 2012, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

1. I am 24 years old
2. NCC student (B.com)
3. Eye power little low, Wearing glasses
4. Phsically fit
5. want to jion Army
6. Intrest in field battle
Please advice what can i do to join in Army. Reply me - [email protected]
10th February 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,

iam final year bsc nursing student.Can i join Indian army.plz suggest the way sir.
14th February 2012, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

IAM KANNAN. I HAVE TO ITI(FITTER)IN COMPLETED TO2006 IAMWORKKING IN PRIVATE COMPANY. BUT IAM GOING TO TECNICAL LINE TO INIDAN ARMY.
PLEASE GUIDEME. MY MOBILE NO:9943243931
14th February 2012, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am doing diploma in EEE and i want to join indian armyi ts my dream sir plztell me detailes . my contact number is 9391216306 .i am studing now diploma second year
15th February 2012, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

respected sir, I have completed my Master degree in philosophy .My age is 28 and i am a sc candidate can i join indian army. reply [email protected]
15th February 2012, 11:52 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

After 12th or after graduation you can join Indian Army.As you are a candidate of 12th in commerce then you are also very much eligible for Indian Army.See you have to take information from different newspapers and websites when the vacancies of Navy will come and according to this you can apply.
You can also apply for N.D.A. and C.D.S.(Common Defense Services). There generally two examination are held for N.D.A., one is N.D.A.-1 and another is N.D.A.-2.You can also attempt both this two exam.

ELIGIBLE CRITERIA ::

You should have passed 12th standard from State board or recognized school.
For Indian Navy, Air Force- You must have passed 12th with Maths & Physics Subjects.
There is no percentage limit mentioned for this exam.
If you are appearing in 12th then you can also apply.
Your age must be between 16.5 to 19 year.
You must be citizen of India.

For more details i.e. if you can apply and want to download previous year papers then you can visit the following websites :

http://indianarmy.nic.in
and
http://www.upsc.gov.in
and
http://www.freshersworld.com

~regards~
priyo
15th February 2012, 12:24 PM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

Hello friends,

two ways to join Indian army :-
1]N.D.A(after passing 12th)
2]C.D.S(after passing graduation)

nda -16.5 to19 year
cds -afer b.e

There are 3 steps of selection:-
-Written exam.
-Interview
-medical exam.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in
15th February 2012, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
my name is narsing rao, i stay in hyderabad i want to hyderabad army office address plz
15th February 2012, 04:15 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI Dear

Eligibility criteria for Indian army :-

Good Luck......
15th February 2012, 05:15 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in Indian Army
Then you will have to appear for NDA examination

NDA CRITERIA :

1.Academic qualification :
The candidate should complete 12th standard examination

2.Age limitation :
The age of the candidate must be within 16.5 to 19 years.

3.Nationality :
The candidate must be an Indian

4.Eyesight criteria :
Eyesight of the candidate must be 6/6.

5.Height criteria :
The height of the candidate should be minimum 165 cm.

For more details you can see these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda-joining-instruction.pdf(2.44 MB, 78 views)
File Type: pdf NDA.pdf(481.8 KB, 77 views)
16th February 2012, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have completed my P.G. diploma in Pediatrics last year. I am 31 years old. Can i join Indian Army? Please guide me. My mail ID is [email protected]
17th February 2012, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

Hi i completed the bsc in nursing.. M nt having B.ed .. My age is 25 running.. Can i apply for havildar post? Please suggest me
21st February 2012, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

SIR
I AM GRADUATE AND MY AGE 24 YEAR .I WANT JOING ARMY PLEASE HELP ME
21st February 2012, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am in my final year of b. com honours under graduation i've had maths as a subject throughout from my inter, can i apply for air force or navy? if can how? if not any other thing tat i can go for?
21st February 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am in my final year of graduation, b.com honours. i've had maths throughout since inter.can i apply for air force or navy? if can how? if not any other thing that i can see for?
22nd February 2012, 11:06 AM
chandler8161

hi,

to join indian army you have to fulfill these basic criterias:

1)you should be less than 23 years old.
2)you should be medically sound.
3)plus two with maths and physics as compulsury subjects with 65% aggregate
4)The other after graduation such that minimum criteria for the the percentage is 60% and varied to 65%

after you fulfill these criterias you can then give the following exams to join indian army,you can join logistic cadre in indian army:

1)CDSE: it is an exam conducted for graduates by UPSC twice an year and can get more information from :
www.upsc.gov.in

2)UES and SSC: these are the exams conducted by indian army and you can get more information for these enteries from:
www.indianarmy.nic.in/

Eligibility Conditions for Navy:
Age : Between 19-1/2 to 25 years (candidates to be born between 02 January 1984 to 01 July 1989 both dates inclusive)

Educational Qualifications : Science Graduate with minimum 60% marks in Physics, Mathematics or Electronics OR Post Graduate in Science with minimum 55% marks in Physics, Mathematics or Electronics. (Those who have not complete thier Degree, need not apply).

Physical Standards : Hight and Wieght : Minimum height Male - 157 cms, Female - 152 cms with correlated weight. Eye Sight - The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses and should not be colour/night blind.

Apply Details: Application Forms, in accordance with the prescribed format on plain A4 size paper, and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope "Application for SSC (ATC) January 2009 Course Qualification ............. Percentage ........... %" is to be sent by 30 June 2008 to the addressPhysical Standards : Hight and Wieght : Minimum height Male - 157 cms, Female - 152 cms with correlated weight. Eye Sight - The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses and should not be colour/night blind.

Apply Details: Application Forms, in accordance with the prescribed format on plain A4 size paper, and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope "Application for SSC (ATC) January 2009 Course Qualification ............. Percentage ........... %" is to be sent by 30 June 2008 to the address

To join Air force:
20 to 23 years* for Graduates, 20 to 25 years* for Post Graduates / LLB ( Five year integrated course) and 20 to 26 Years for Law Graduates (3 Years Course after Graduation).

* Marital Status
Candidates below the age of 25 years must be Unmarried.

* Nationality
Indian

This is applicable to both men and women.

* Educational Qualifications

Graduation degree in any discipline with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together

OR
Post Graduation degree / equivalant diploma in any discipline with a minimum 50% marks in aggregate in all papers put together .
22nd February 2012, 02:10 PM
dharminsheth

Quote:
there are so many fields in indian army.which one to choose depends on your intrests.
Recruitment of Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces is mainly through the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) under Permanent Commission. For Technical Branches, Women special entry scheme and NCC special entry scheme and service, recruitment is made directly through the respective Recruiting Directorates for the Army under Short Service Commission.

The permanent commission provides opportunities for men with 10+2 /Intermediate, graduates and engineering graduates as officers.
One has to take an entry level exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to join NDA (National Defence Academy).
. It is restricted to boys between the ages of 16 1/2 and 19.
2.it is not dependent on vacancies it depends on your eligibility
if you are eligible and if you pass the entrance than you have to go through the training and then you serve the nation.
go ahead and serve the nation it is the best job one can do.
23rd February 2012, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,

i have compleated b.c.a. & now i am running computer hardware networking
so if any recuierment so please inform me sir. i want to join sir....

Thank's..

SHRI KANT TIWARI
[email protected]
26th February 2012, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

dear sir
i am G.M. HARY age24 working in a leading IT company as security offecer 6yrs EXP in south india.
my computer skill (PGDCA).qualification SSLC, I have confident in army
please! contect me if requard.

thanks!
reag: G.M.HARY
08056273502/09543334435
comnication adds: c/o sridhar
:2/154,Indira Gandhi street OMR Navalur
chennai 603103 TN IND.
Residential adds: changkhati chichupa golaghat assam pin 785705
MOBILE NO,09508432510
27th February 2012, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I have cpmplite B.A.B.ed (English) with first class .I want to join indian army .sir please inform me how can i join indan army ?

my email address-
[email protected]
mo no- 919921854525
3rd March 2012, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

what happen in betch techinical entery
18th March 2012, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

respected sir i am a surving in indian army as a cfn bt i want to become army officer . So how many ways have that i could given exam
22nd March 2012, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

I am yogesh sonare and want to join army And i am 22 years age. 12 th pass in 57% and 1 yrae computer diploma. My email [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?