28th November 2011, 06:57 PM
hemashriharsha

Is B.Ed must to teach in colleges? I have done B.Com from Bangalore University

Hello

I am Hema. I have done my B com at Bangalore University. I want to do my MA in English. I heard that B Ed is a must even for teaching at colleges. Is that true? If so kindly let me know how I can do it by correspondence.

Thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Is B.Ed must to teach in colleges? I have done B.Com from Bangalore University
  2. How can I get job in cet bed in south mumbai?
  3. What should I do to become a Government Teacher having completed my B.Tech?
  4. Are there any B.Ed evening colleges in Bangalore
  5. What is the procedure for doing BED in Rajasthan? I have done B.Com from Nagpur University
  6. Career in teaching after M.Com -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Will I be able to teach in B.Ed colleges after completing my M.Ed degree?
  8. B.Com honors colleges under Allahabad University?
  9. Which are the good colleges accepting MAT score in Bangalore
  10. List of colleges which offer MBA in Bangalore to B.Com graduate of Calcutta University through CMAT?
  11. Which course should I take after passing B.Com in Bangalore University
  12. When are the admissions for B.Ed through correspondence in Bangalore? Colleges offering B.ed correspondence course and when is the entrance exam for B.Ed correspondence?
  13. Which are the colleges offering M.Com course in Bangalore? Procedure to join Viz entrance/Counseling? I have completed B.Com from Bangalore university during May
  14. Details of the private B.Ed colleges in and around Kolkata?
  15. How to do regular M.Com?
  16. Which are the colleges providing aviation MBA in Bangalore? Is MS university degree student eligible for doing MBA in any other colleges?
  17. Which are the evening colleges colleges offering BSc and MSc in Bangalore and Mysore? -- [New]
  18. How may I get admission in M.Sc (Biotechnology) through Bangalore university? What's the counselling procedure and fee structure for the same? I've done B.Sc(Biotechnology) from dayanandasagar institutions bangalore affliated to Bangalore university
25th January 2012, 02:12 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed must to teach in colleges? I have done B.Com from Bangalore University

No, B.Ed qualification is not required to teach in college. To teach in a college as a lecturer you have to appear for the Lectureship NET exam conducted by UGC. The minimum age limit is 19 years and no upper age limit is there to appear for the NET exam. Please note that the maximum age of the lecturer in Government College is 62 years. Also to be a professor you have to pursue the Ph.D in relevant field.
1st April 2013, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is B.Ed must to teach in colleges? I have done B.Com from Bangalore University

I have cleared JRF in UGC NET THIS YEAR. WHAT SHOULD I OPT NOW CAREER IN LECTURERSHIP OR ENROLLMENT IN PHD. I am 33years old. after PHD of 3 yrs, will there be any vacancy in Punjab university. what will be the pay scale /perqs before and after PHD.
15th May 2013, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

I m M.Com with 49% and also cleared company secratory and I want to join lectureship in college, is there any possibility.
2nd June 2013, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

i just completed by bcom from an autonomous university with an aggregate of 81% i,m eligible to apply in government college for the lecturer post and please tell m how t apply it?
3rd June 2013, 10:02 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed. - Bachelor of Education which is a teacher's Training course and can be taken after Graduation Degree in Arts/Science/Commerce to teach in School level.

But to teach as a Lecturer in College level one has to complete Post Graduation Degree and apply for NET.

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC for selection of Lecturers and award to Junior Research Fellowship(JRF)

Hence as you are interested for Lectureship in colleges, you have to complete Post Graduation Degree degree in M.Com with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST Candidate) and apply for NET and on successful cracking NET, you may be selected as Lecturer.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
11th September 2013, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

what qualification required to apply for government School teacher?.....I have done MBA IN hr having 2 years experience in corporate....Planning to do NPTT Course from VAG group of educational institute affiliated by mahatma gandhi university and certificate from DEIT......Pls suggest whether it would be beneficial for me???
4th February 2014, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I Have completed my MBA in correspondence... is there any chance to become lecturer or do I have to take any other courses...???

Please suggest me.....
26th February 2014, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I hav done MBA and B.ED in commerce and economics.Am I ellegible to teach 11 and 12 class?
11th June 2015, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

After bcom which qualifications needed to become a professor in college?
26th February 2016, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my B.sc, MA in Education and Mphil Education, Do i need to pursue B.ed to teach for MA education? or can i directly take up PhD in Education?
16th June 2021, 04:29 AM
Unregistered

What is the fee structure for NET n course time
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?